Votes: 64 18.6%
  • ALA

Votes: 33 9.6%
  • Milk Thistle

Votes: 208 60.5%
  • other- please specify

Votes: 28 8.1%

• Total voters
guys, i have a bro who had his blood tested while on milk thistle, and while off milk thistle... there was no difference of liver enzymes... it would seem to me that proves milk thistle is useless...

doggy said:
guys, i have a bro who had his blood tested while on milk thistle, and while off milk thistle... there was no difference of liver enzymes... it would seem to me that proves milk thistle is useless...

doggy, was he on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) (orals) when both blood tests were taken ?
Cause if he was taking orals and Milk Thistle at the same time, then had his blood tested again later, while not taking either, that would prove it does work IMO.

Just trying to keep the discussion going, anyways here is a link with a new improved Milk Thistle as well, they also have info on Liv-52.

http://www.liversupport.com/index.html

BUFFDAWG10 said:
ALA & liv-52!
I like this combo.

Hey SC you beat me to it I was going to put that site.

I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but I had hepatitis C before and a Dr. recommended this combo. It helped greatly it help lower my liver values.

I use put on a treatment for a year of riboviron and interferon. With that treatment my hep C is gone.

I will say that Milk Thistle was recomended also but I didn't try it.

JohnnyB

StoneColdNTO said:
doggy, was he on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) (orals) when both blood tests were taken ?

Yes bro, he was taking the exact same thing for both tests, except the second test was minus the milk thistle.

DRveejay11 said:
Tyler's and ALA while "on"

Milk Thistle and ALA while "off"

(Covering all the bases....why not???!!!)

I agree; why limit it. I use ALA, phosphatidylcholine-bound silymarin (MT), NAC, and Liver-52. Even w/out AAS, our livers are bombarded on a daily basis with toxins and free radical generators.
What's all this about MT being crap? Doggy's anecdotal series of one case is not very convincing. Don't quite think that "proves" anything.
Billy B, any definitive studies out there on Milk Thistle?

buffdoc said:
Doggy's anecdotal series of one case is not very convincing. Don't quite think that "proves" anything.

buddy, my "anecdotal series" was an effort to help my bro's from wasting their hard earned cash, believe what you want, its your option.

i use 100mg of r-ala with every meal(8 meals) and i throw in some extra ALA when i wake up and at night when on cycle, so i take around 600mg of ALA also

doggy said:
buddy, my "anecdotal series" was an effort to help my bro's from wasting their hard earned cash, believe what you want, its your option.

Buddy, MY response was an attempt to prevent MY bro's from ignoring a potentially beneficial, inexpensive liver protectant based on YOUR anecdotal series of one. And that's exactly what it is; nothing more, nothing less.
If you want to be this sensitive about your "evidence" then chime in with what I asked Billy Bathgate about: that is, some studies that amount to something. I really do want to know, but let's not be telling ppl who are using liver toxic drugs what liver aids NOT to take based on flimsy-ass opinion.
Thanks

Back