Long-acting GH...anyone on it?

Drveejay11

I am banned!
From JA@ MU:

Long-acting GH is now available! Nutropin Depot®
According to ironaster this stuff really works like it says below. Who's heard of this stuff? Anyone using it right now? I didn't thiink this could be possible. Look what it says on their web site...

Nutropin Depot® [somatropin (rDNA origin) for injectable suspension] is a long-acting form of Genentech's recombinant human growth hormone for pediatric growth hormone deficiency using Alkermes' ProLease® injectable extended-release drug delivery system. The new formulation was designed to reduce the frequency of injections by encapsulating the drug in biodegradable microspheres.

http://www.genentech.com/gene/produ...depot/index.jsp

Posted by ironmaster:

"Nutropin Depot is a fascinating product. I plan to post a complete review of this stuff with results shortly. This may, in fact, be the perfect delivery system for bodybuilders.

The hormone in Depot is encapsulated in a material sort of like self-dissolving sutures, but of differing thicknesses. A fair amount is unbound, and releases in the first few days, kind of a jump start. The rest is gradually released in a linear delivery that mimmicks the body over the course of 30 days.

One injection a month! I'm on my second kit, with one to go.
This could be the best exoGH I have used. I'll be specific when I post on this, and I have some suggestions on usage tehnique.
Price and availability remain a question mark, but I'm all over it."

Yep. Second month, it comes in 2 kits(3 really), but those of concern to me are: 18mg kit, releases approx 1.8units/day.
22.5mg kit, releases approx 2.25units/day
Doesn't sound that high, right? Some feel that the continuous stimulation of GH receptors and/or IGF-1 production is what does it w/ this. I'm using the 18mg kits right now. I've also heard it said that results from this are equivalent to doses of Serostim in the range of 6 to 10 units/day.
I'll keep ya'll posted; sure beats those daily injections, and I do think I'm leaning up from it. I've always had low IGF-1's, even on Genotropin, and this has certainly continued to be the case with Nutropin Depot. There is some evidence out there that hepatic production of IGF-1 is not the be all and end all of how and why GH works (for anti-aging or for BB!)
My doses of Genotropin were always in the anti-aging range anyway (0.5 to 1.2 units/day); I was on this before ever cycling, as I was on test Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT).
I may at some point want to go up to the 22.5 mg kit on the Depot; I've certainly had no sides from the Depot at 18mg; I talked to one guy whose buddy did 2 of the kits at once ("more is better") and then called whining about his hands aching and such! Others have done the 22.5 and had to cut it to 18 because of some CT or other hand/finger symptoms.
I talked to Ironmaster about this and we're both enthusiatic. I'm really looking forward to his take on this! It remains to be seen what our end results will be. GH is a little harder to pin down in terms of effects than, say fina or test!
I'd appreciate any debate and feedback from others on the product and what you think about it's future as a BB and/or an anti-aging modality.

the stuff sounds great but price range are they [ dont even think about mailing me with a bullshit offer to sell me some this is just a general price range question ]

buff....how does the price compare to usual GH......i.e. per IU of release is it about the same price, cheaper, or more expensive.....thanks

The "insulin pin" in the kit is a 21 guage. The reconstituted mix is thick, as you would expect, so a fat dart is used to prevent clogging. It isn't as bad as it sounds, cause its subcutaneous, not in a muscle.

As I said in the quoted post, I'm still evaluating, am well into a cycle, and I'm taking pictures, so I'll post the visible results along with my opinions before too long.

I also have in mind some ways to get max results from this product.

I'm always conservative in what I say, but I think you can tell from the other post what I think so far.

ironmaster said:
The "insulin pin" in the kit is a 21 guage. The reconstituted mix is thick, as you would expect, so a fat dart is used to prevent clogging. It isn't as bad as it sounds, cause its subcutaneous, not in a muscle.

As I said in the quoted post, I'm still evaluating, am well into a cycle, and I'm taking pictures, so I'll post the visible results along with my opinions before too long.

I'm always conservative in what I say, but I think you can tell from the other post what I think so far.

Good man. Do us all a favor and try to post over here more often. :D

gilly6993 said:
buff....how does the price compare to usual GH......i.e. per IU of release is it about the same price, cheaper, or more expensive.....thanks

A little cheaper than my genotropin, but not by much.

JohnnyB said:
Hey buff don't you use a 20g needle to do a sub-q shot with this?

JohnnyB

Yes, it's actually a 21 gauge, 1/2 inch. Doesn't really hurt much, plus you only have to worry about it once a month!
A 21 IM hurts a lot more than a 21g subq, actually. Not bad at all.

ironmaster said:

Hi again, bro. Look forward to your suggestions on maximizing effectiveness. I'm 1 week into my second kit; anything I can do now, or w/ my next kit in 3 weeks?
Thanks

Im all for this!!!! Damn I hit up all kinds of kits....ONLY ONCE A MONTH....!!!! Ironmaster can you post the progress pics...so we can see the progress!! SD

Buffdoc, this is preliminary, but due to the pattern of release shown in the research, I think the most effective way to dose this stuff is to inject a 22.5mg kit week one, and then a 13.5mg kit at the start of week three.
An alternative would be to do a 18.5 kit every 3 weeks.
Yet another way would be to use an additional small daily injection of regular GH (Serostim or chinese or whatever) starting somewhere in the neighborhood of the 3rd or 4th week.
If you are using insulin, a real slow type would be the way to go with Depot.
Depot releases a substantial amount of GH in the first week or so. I have used very large doses of growth hormone, so I am familiar with that feeling. Tell me doc, did you get a bit of a headache after 2 or 3 days that hung around a day or two? I did. This is common on big doses of GH. I now have like "growing pains"......like when you were a kid. Genentech says that all kits are overdosed to insure results.....I believe them.
This is the company that obtained the first FDA approval for the medical use of rhGH.....basically, they invented synthetic GH.

spacedet01, here is a black and white (for contrast) shot cold, no flex at week 6. After bulking all winter, those veins crawling down my pecs say it all. Same thing on lats, legs, even traps. And forearm.

Last edited:
Back