Long term damage

I was hospitalized about a year ago for phneumonia. During my visit they ran an EKG and found my heart was enlarged slightly. 3 of the doctors said it was the AAS, however my personal physician tells me that my condition is simply the result of being an athletic/active individual. For a very short period of time I swore off anabolics but since have resumed use and am currently in perfect health as of my last checkup. As for the long term damage...perhaps there may be some (i dont really know for sure) but in the meantime I will continue to take precautions against them.
I would pose the question....how do we know that many of the reported long term sides/damage are not in fact merely the result over activity.

Thoms - It really sounds like you have a heart arrythmia. Some are intermittent so if it isn't present when you're getting a exam/test, the docs won't ever know it's there.

DocJ said:
Thoms - It really sounds like you have a heart arrythmia. Some are intermittent so if it isn't present when you're getting a exam/test, the docs won't ever know it's there.

This is very true! When I needed to go to the hospital once, I was hooked up on a machine, where I could see my heartbeat on a monitor, on a curve. After laying there for a while, the doc made a printout, and left to study it. When he left, I was still hooked up on the machine, and I got another series of attacks. during this, I could see the graph curve on the machine going totally out of wack. Intervalls were erratic, peaks went all the way to the top. When he came back, it already got back to normal and he thought I was BS him. He just prescribed some xanax and gave me a clean bill of health.

Fucking doctors!
They told my friends mom that she was fine and just experiencing joint tightness. She kept insisting on an MRI of her shoulder. She got it. Broken arm and shoulder due to bone marrow cancer. She is in remission now after stem cell replacement and a partial amputation. We have to push these lazy doctors sometimes. They get bored with their jobs like we do. Trouble is they are dealing with people's health.

I educate my Doc on steroids constantly. i bring him articles to read too.

Jimmy, keep in mind that a lot of BB are just normal people too. if a normal person gets cancer or a cardiac disease, through genetics, that's tough shit. But if the same person were to be a BB then the blame is easily found. Some health issues are sure to have come froms steroids, but the media is eager to make the link, so take it with a grain of salt. I think the health risk from steroids, especially the heavy users, is very real, and a factor for all users, even small users, but not as great as we are led to believe either. FI I had all my health issues before I ever used, and every doc just kept telling me to lay off the steroids. Big muscles and bad heart condition, bad cholesterol, damaged HPTA, slight gyno, bad liver values, acne and oily skin, rapid muscle loss. I am a steroid statistic for the docs and unjustly so.

The truth IMO is inbetween. I believe the small user will shorten his life, but the effect will be so small it will likely never be proven. And it won't matter either. The small loss of lifetime is too insignificant versus leading a higher quality of life.

Learn all you can from everyone you can. Moderation is the key. There is risk in everything you do in life.

Back