Low estrogen killing my sex drive?

Frankos

Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to doing steroid cycles. I was planing to start a new cycle in January/February, so I am "in between cycles" so to speak. The problem is that my sex drive is really low and according to bloodwork it might be due to low estrogen.

BACKGROUND

My last cycle was:

Test (500mg/week for 12 weeks)+Deca (300mg/week for 10 weeks)

PCT was:

Clomid: 200mg first day and 50mg E/D for 4 weeks
Novaldex: 40mg first day and 20mg E/D for 4 weeks

The PCT of this last cycle was completed about 1.5 months ago.

While doing PCT I felt downtime hitting me really hard. I had no strength, no motivation, no sex drive, it was horrible. It lasted for 6 weeks. I waited for 6 weeks after PCT to get bloodwork done, and the results were:

Estradiol: 15.21 pg/mL (Normal Male: 25.80~60.70)
FSH: 2.57 mIU/mL (Normal Male: 1.50 ~ 12.40)
LH: 2.22 mIU/mL (Normal Male: 1.70 ~ 8.60)
Testosterone: 4.78 ng/mL (Normal Male: 2.80 ~ 8.00)

Before the bloodwork I was suspecting my Testosterone wasn't totally recovered, but I was surprised to see that my estrogen levels were low. Doing some research I'm starting to think that the low estrogen might be affecting my sex drive.

I have plenty of clomid at hand so I though about doing 50mg E/D for about 2-4 weeks and see if that makes a difference. While my testosterone is not dangerously low, I though that increasing T might help increase Estrogen as well.

What are your thoughts on this? Any issue in taking clomid all the way up to my next cycle? Anything you would do differently?

Thanks a lot.

Current symptom: Low sex drive

Cycle history:

1st cycle: Test (500mg/week for 12 weeks)+Dbol (30mg E/D for 4 weeks)
2nd cycle: Test (500mg/week for 12 weeks)+Deca (300mg/week for 10 weeks)

PCT for both:

Clomid: 200mg first day and 50mg E/D for 4 weeks
Novaldex: 40mg first day and 20mg E/D for 4 weeks

Stats:

33 years
10% bf
180 lbs
174 cm

Thank you both

low sex drive sucks. any morning wood? can you keep it up and go long or are you having a hard time finishing up? can you posibly share your mid cycle and pre cycle blood results too?

Last edited:
How long did you wait between your last shot and starting PCT? The low LH and FSH might indicate you didn't recovery fully.

Low estradiol will not affect libido. You may be tired and want to sleep, but you should still have libido when you are awake.

Low estradiol will affect the ability to have sex. If it gets too low you will not be able to get and/or maintain an erection

I suspect your low libido is due to something other than low estradiol.

low sex drive sucks. any morning wood? can you keep it up and go long or are you having a hard time finishing up? can you posibly share your mid cycle and pre cycle blood results too?

No morning wood, no interest in sex. Unfortunately I do not have mid cycle bloodwork.

How long did you wait between your last shot and starting PCT? The low LH and FSH might indicate you didn't recovery fully.

I waited two weeks. I agree I realise the LH and FSH are low.

When I posted this, I started a 4 weeks 50md ED clomid cycle hoping that it would help push the Test. It's been 2 weeks since then and I don't feel any changes in my libido, though I did not do any bloodwork after that.

I was supposed to start my next cycle Test E 250mg for 10 weeks on January 20th, but seeing that I have not fully recovered I'm going to hold it until I do. In fact, I'm worried about doing the next cycle as it seems is getting harder to recover from it. I was thinking it might be wise to try to recover and wait until symptons of low T kick and then blast and c***se from there.

Any suggestions for recovery? I was doing some research and came across other people with similar hormone levels and people were recommending to try nolva 40 mg for 2 weeks followed by 20mg for another 2 weeks. Would this be a good next step?

It would be good to get an updated blood test. In your first one the testosterone was just below middle of the range which isn't bad, and the LH and FSH were on the low side. Good news there is it would seem your testicles are working fine. There could be some question about why LH and FSH were low, but could be your body thinks the test level is correct so at that snapshot in time your LH and FSH were appropriate.

Estrogen looked low for the range you show, but I'm not certain on the units. If pg/ml are what we use in the US, then a level of 15ish is low, but not that low. Probably wouldn't explain your symptoms.

If you go back try to get prolactin also, since you've been taking deca knowing this would be a good extra clue.

If your estradiol is already low adding Clomid will just cause it to read lower by your body by binding to receptors an not activating them and keeping estrogen from binding to them.

Labs. Always labs. Attach numbers to symtoms.

Hey bud , let me ask are you taking any other medication. MY "Prozac" ( 30 yrs now) elevates my prolactin and can cause bad "Anorgasmia". So when I introduce Deca into my system with the Prozac it gets tough. That's when I use my Caber to bring the prolactin down..

Just saying.

it seems like his bloodwork showed, to me at least, that he was still balancing out

mike touched upon a good point, what other meds are you taking if any? and it woild be good to see if your levels have balanced out more.

Back