Mark Whalberg Claiming 40 Pounds In Two Months In Article On Bodybuilding.com

His publicist/promotion team will make exaggerated claims like that to gain attention for his new movie, evidence that it works is your post. People will swarm saying "What no way" "He couldn't gain all that, let me see" and so on, but in reality maybe lucky if he got 10 -15 pounds and or simply leaned out.

Also I have nothing against Mark Whalberg he is a great actor and the movies he is in are pretty much guaranteed to be good.

Last edited:
Yup. Alistair Overeem gained 40 pounds of muscle but he did it over two years. Has anyone gained lots of size but without weight?

Well the thing is I'm doing TNT with Dbol past two months and I've gained the most size I have yet done even though my diet is the best bulking routine I'm eating. But I've only gained 12 pounds while looking like I gained 30 which is why I'm wondering why my weight isn't going up even though I'm getting much larger than before even with same Dbol dose.

I can top out at 245 or make weight as low as 207. With muscle memory I myself can and have gained ridiculous amounts of weight in weeks. In fact I was 207 less then 9 weeks ago and now 235. Rips, Test, Var + 6 meals a day and "having been there" makes it happen.

Some guys are like sponges, it's a genetic predisposition.

His only job is to look good, he has a chef, nutritionist, etc, the best of the best so I'm also not surprise if he gained that weight.

No way he gained 40lbs. 40lbs would make you almost unrecognizable... Think, 40lbs of steak all around your body. I'd say 15lbs max... He does have a relatively small frame though and with all honesty isn't that big IMO.

I can believe in 10 or 15 pounds in a couple months but 40? No way!

If he was around 300lbs I would be no problem. IFBB Pro's will drop 60lbs to make a show and bet your ass they can blow up after that FAST.

Mark is a small guy and I also call BS.

That would basically be like adding 20% of his bodyweight, i don't believe this for a second. Based on his early years, I would say he's more of a hardgainer though he has put on a good amount of mass. My guess is 15 pounds and it looks dramatic enough to exaggerate. There would be a lot of fat involved if you gained 40 pounds in two months.

He looks like the average natural bodybuilder... Nothing extraordinary or special.... Now some actors that do impress me by their physique are Stallone and Dwayne johnson(the rock).

Bigherm is a freak. I looked at Winstrol (winny) and var and gained 16.

MarkyMark probably weighs 170lbs and jumped up to 180 lean. Most actors are little guys, but some one like The Rock, impressive, I think the movie was called FASTER, dude was looking massive.

But it's pretty easy for guys between 5'3 and 5'8 (no offense to anyone) to look noticeably different from 10-20lbs. I'd say it's just as common for actors to run gear as it is for the average guys in the gym, they either have a connect, and/or hire a nutritionist who is the connect for many movie roles. Many times guys have 6 months to a year to prep for a movie, sometimes only a few weeks, but they generally know ahead of time where they need to be and can pay someone to get them there.

Like CFMike, I can jump around from lower 200's up to 240's and probably a little further if I really tried, but at 6'0-6'1 sometimes 10-15 lbs doesn't look like a lot on a guy, unless you already have some years under your belt and have a muscular physique, then you notice the size. Anymore I prefer 225-235, pretty easy to hold and still able to move, but I also don't mind being around 210 and more athletic, as long as I hold the muscle size of a little heavier weight.

I dont know about the rock. but i do know they aint nuthin natural about stallone. He juiced for years during the rocky era and last i heard was he was busted for hgh. Still like the guy tho, played in a lot of my favs

Back