Massaging "under the muscle implant" question.

Puddles

~Nurse~
I just had unders done on Monday (round, high profile, 400cc's overfilled to 450, under the muscle saline implants...with a lift procedure as well) and the doctor showed us how to massage them to help them fall into the pocket. From what I understand, this should take months to achieve.

My question is, how much time in minutes per day should they be worked on?

Although they hurt when it's being done, it kinda feels good...like a deep tissue massage hurts and feels good at the same time.

MrsPuddlesFL said:
I just had unders done on Monday (round, high profile, 400cc's overfilled to 450, under the muscle saline implants...with a lift procedure as well) and the doctor showed us how to massage them to help them fall into the pocket. From what I understand, this should take months to achieve.

Although they hurt when it's being done, it kinda feels good...like a deep tissue massage hurts and feels good at the same time.

no more than 30 min....

Overall I feel great but damn, lol, there have been times when I'm like...OMG...OUCHHHHHHH! Then maybe a few choice words and I'm back to smiling again. At first they were quite hard and swollen, but now they're starting to soften up and boucne a bit! :) I love my mew boobies! :spin:

The new set is funny. Someone told me I have to name them. Well...we've named the left one SQUEAKY, the right one is still up for adoption...it hurts bad! Anyway, when we're doing the "massaging" the left one squeaks like a doggie's chew toy now! There's this "squeek squeak" sound it's makin...and I assure you it's not the drinks I had tonight...just me tellin you about this is coming from my enhanced mood. Sue me...I needed a little buzz. ;) It is funny, the sound that is, but I can't wait for it to go away. I went to the doctor on Wed. and he said it's normal and will go away.

The doctor did the "massage" but you can't really call it massage, he's like, OK, you grab ahold of the implant under the skin like this <puts his thumb on the side and his other fingers up on the top> and PUSH it DOWN into the pocket in a wiggling motion...as if you're stuffing it down in there really deep for about 10 seconds. Then he releases and does this five times....on each side. He said to do this 2 or 3 times a day to get the implant down into place. This is best done while laying down. He appologized for the discomfort but said this will bring them down quicker and into a better position than just letting them go at it naturally. Not the most pleasant thing in the world, but I know it'll be worth it. :)

Nicole...you sure you still want bigger boobies??? LOL Let's go back to the Naked Fish again instead. :blue:

I'm planning on gettin some this winter...I want to get some details from you though. I'm thinking of under as well. NO lift. I haven't had my consult yet, but have done research. Obviouly you work out..what did the Dr. tell you about recovery time and chest strength? Why did you decide under? I've read under is better for mammaograms and less chance of rupture, but then I read recovery is MUCH longer and hard to do chest. BUt, then I read over is better because the muscle isn't interrupted, I'm on the fence. Can you help a girlie out?

MrsPuddlesFL said:

They pretty much will "fall" into place on their own. One fine morning you'll wake up and look and the mirror and have a nice surprise!! It's been over 10 years, so I can't remember how long they took to fall...that's one surgery I would hate to have to do again...long as I don't wake up with a flat tire one morning, I will be fine...in all the years I've had them, no complications or problems of any sort...btw, I went 650cc's on mine; under the muscle as well.

redsquirrel said:
I'm planning on gettin some this winter...I want to get some details from you though. I'm thinking of under as well. NO lift. I haven't had my consult yet, but have done research. Obviouly you work out..what did the Dr. tell you about recovery time and chest strength? Why did you decide under? I've read under is better for mammaograms and less chance of rupture, but then I read recovery is MUCH longer and hard to do chest. BUt, then I read over is better because the muscle isn't interrupted, I'm on the fence. Can you help a girlie out?

I chose under for a few reasons...mainly the mamogram issue, but also for visual appearance, under the muscle won't be noticable once they settle whereas with overs, if you don't have much natural breast tissue to cover the implants, the bags are often vissible. If you get them overfilled, the bag lines are less noticable but they will have a harder feel to them. I've listened to a few women who lift heavy say that under the muscle didn't interfere with their strength. Jill Mills has unders and she doesn't have any problems. I don't know when I'll be back in the gym doing chest, but I can tell you now, that it's still a few weeks away. It's as if someone shoved a softball between my pec muscles. I did take 2 weeks off from work and went back in today. Doing some stuff around the house is still hard though...like getting the laundry in and out of the washer/dryer, reaching the high shelves in the kitchen cabinets, pushing motions aren't too bad, but pulling ones are...like pulling the car door closed. The doctor I chose was recommended to me by a few women at my gym...none of them are serious lifters, but they were all happy with going with unders. The doctor told me to just take time off from the gym and when I'm ready to go back, just do it.

I'm not sure how much of the pain is due to the lift though. Over the weekend I developed a lot of pain in my left breast so I went to the doc today...I've got a little infection going on in my left breast but he thinks it's just from two of the stitches popping, the right side is coming along fine and doesn't hurt nearly as bad as it did a week ago. I'm on antibiotics now and go back to him on Fri. to make sure things are going ok.

Recovery was slowed down a bit by an infection on the left side. Grrrrrrrrr! Overall they're doing well though. The stitching from the lift I'm highly impressed with. I was expecting much worse. I've seen a lot of lift scars but when I looked at the doctor's pictures who did mine I complained saying that I couldn't really see the scars very well and I wanted to see better pictures. His response was that the reason I couldn't see the scars well was because the scars were minimal. He's a very good surgeon. :) The scaring was the thing that scared me the most about having the lift done!

The implants are dropping slowly but I see a little change every few days. We've been doing the massaging again, but we had to take a week off due to the infection...it was just too painful. I'm pretty sure that within about 2 months they will be looking natural. They are still pushing my upper pecs out a bit, but nothing like they were the week after surgery! If I wear a tank top it's obvious that I had work done, but under a regular top you can't tell. :)

I'm still just wearing sports bras or tank tops with shelf bras....can't get into a regular bra yet because of the stitching on the underside...the stitching of the muscle that is...it's still thick and swollen, the skin sutures are mending nicely.

I'll probably take some new pictures soon. The pictures in the member's pic. forum were taken less than a week post-op when I was still really swollen. Most women don't get a chance to see the recovery process pictures...that's why I chose to post them that early on. Not the nicest things to look at, but I've got little embarrassment. and would rather help out a few women by letting them know what to expect...I wish I'd have known...I was surprised.

No need for a whole new wardrobe...most of my old tops were pull overs with stretchy cotton knits. Besides, I only went up about 1 1/2 cup sizes. :)

can someone explain how under the muscle works? i am just curious. i would imagine it would push your muscle out and make you look funny... i always thought all implants were done over the muscle? but i am a guy what do i know, lol

Yes, going under the muscle looks funny at first because they sit up high under the pec muscles and it looks like you're constantly flexing. It's like having a baseball placed inbetween the layers of muscle, causing the top layer to be stretched and pulled really tightly. Going under the muscle will tend to give you a more natural appearance and feel once they've settled down into place. Right now I still look goofy. LOL

breast_augmentation-3.jpg

Left side is over the muscle, right side is under.

Only temporarilly. There are lots of pro's who go under the muscle and after recovery they still lift heavy.

this may sound weird but try lying down on a hard floor chest down or on a phonebook.... something flat.... and have stromba gently step on your back.... then harder and harder....them babies will loosen up alot quicker... plus try not to sleep on one side too much.. the one breast will be much softer than the other

workinonit said:
this may sound weird but try lying down on a hard floor chest down or on a phonebook.... something flat.... and have stromba gently step on your back.... then harder and harder....them babies will loosen up alot quicker... plus try not to sleep on one side too much.. the one breast will be much softer than the other

Thanks! Side sleeping has started again but not for long periods of time...I sleep about 1/2 an hour and wake up, flip to the other side, and this continues through the night until I wind up on my back again. I used to be a stomach/slide sleeper. I long for a good night of sleep!

DJ...I post PG-13 pics only (updated post-op pics are in my booty thread in pics of members)...but with the implants still being so high they're not looking as nice as I want them to yet. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

don't worry they will soon... did you try that exercise... like i said you, i mean stromba will almost be able to feel an immediate difference..

Haven't tried it yet. I went to the doctor today and as I suspected, the infection on the left side that I had at Easter is back again...too painful to do what you suggested right now, but maybe after the antibiotics kick in for a week or so. Grrr...another 10 days of antibiotics. I am SOOOO ready to be better! My body is not liking the stitches so the doc pulled a few out today...hope this helps.

Back