More info -- researchkits.com issue

chemripped

FREAKYMUSCLE (on MC) the original poster of the bogus site that had the info had an IP address of 63.164.145.33

this traces back to a Kinkos network.....

this is starting to get interesting. Now to find out what Kinkos it was......

somebody is hiding..... has anybody heard anything else from this guy..it was his first post on the boards

chem...

"this is starting to get interesting. Now to find out what Kinkos it was......"

This became interesting to me when I saw my name on that list...

OrgName: Kinkos, Inc.
OrgID: KINKOS-2
Address: 255 West Stanley Avenue
City: Ventura
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 93002-8000

NetRange: 63.164.145.0 - 63.164.145.255
CIDR: 63.164.145.0/24
NetName: FON-1067749632866191
NetHandle: NET-63-164-145-0-1
Parent: NET-63-160-0-0-1
NetType: Reassigned
Comment:
RegDate: 2002-04-11
Updated: 2002-08-08

TechHandle: IK81-ARIN
TechName: Kinkos, InfoSec
TechPhone: +1-805-652-4000
TechEmail: information.security@kinkos.com

this is the last router before it gets to the .33 that you found.

not likely that the end computer is too far away, but it could have an ISDN connection or something to that router....

you'd have to call them to confirm.

BTW, that is the address of a actual kinko's shop, not their actual HQ, which gets the feed from Sprint in Dallas.

edit: of course, they could also have a NOC upstairs at that location that manages the router remotely, so it may not physically be at that address, that's just where it's managed from....

Last edited:
FYI- I believe the first post was done on www.gotfina.com, and the same IP address was used - but the members name was Guns21.

BTW- he just joined our board today.

Thats some messed up shit bro.
I hope you get things resolved and the person that did this gets what he deserves :(

Canuck4 said:
Thats some messed up shit bro.
I hope you get things resolved and the person that did this gets what he deserves :(

I've since reconfirmed that it wasn't actually me, close but no cigar.

That doesn't make me any less mad at the person who stole and published the data or revoke my offer to help take the bastards down. :redhot:

I would go to there host company.....they hate to have to deal with legal lawsuits and generally will be quick to cut hosting...check there TOS. :angel: ;)

Excellent work AustinTX...My same last name was there but it wasn't me. Still, this really stressed a lot of people out. Just remember that pellets are not illegal, and neither are aroma therapy kits. Everyone chill and let's get this motherfuc*er.

Back