Muscle twitches EVERY pin now??

6Damn6Ram6

Hey what's up guys? Looking for a little info as to why this is now. I love pinning delts....but i am having a problem with my left one at the moment. A week ago while i was pinning old lefty, my muscle did one extreme spasm when the needle was a third of the way in. It didn't hurt, just looked terrifying lol. After the spasm i just kept going, aspirated, and injected. The only difference this time was that the recovery took a bit longer, and the swelling was a little worse. But that all went away in 5 days and everything was fine....so I injected in that same delt today, in a slightly different spot, and the same thing happened...only this time not as extreme. It was only two small twitches. Again, no pain, so i continued. I feel fine right now, but I was just wondering, is this normal? Is this going to be a reoccurring thing? I know that it happens to people sometimes, but i have never experienced a muscle twitching during a pin...so why would it happen twice in a row now?

First, stop aspirating. I don't even know how you can aspirate a delt, given you only have one hand, but anyway - it's not only unnecessary, but potentially harmful.

You hit a nerve. Twitching, electrical feelings of mini lightning bolts, and of course some gnarly PIP the next day all are common. Just means you're landing that needle in roughly the same area, or just have REALLY bad luck.

Try tapping on the skin with the needle next time. The area you hardly feel it is where you want to sink the pin. :)

Stop doing it every pin. The CDC removed that recommendation a while back. They said it can do harm in the area since the needle will jostle around. They also said it makes children more afraid of shots which can cause a lifetime of problems. They went on to say it is of very little benefit so no longer aspirating at all is what they recommend.

First, stop aspirating. I don't even know how you can aspirate a delt, given you only have one hand, but anyway - it's not only unnecessary, but potentially harmful.

You hit a nerve. Twitching, electrical feelings of mini lightning bolts, and of course some gnarly PIP the next day all are common. Just means you're landing that needle in roughly the same area, or just have REALLY bad luck.

Try tapping on the skin with the needle next time. The area you hardly feel it is where you want to sink the pin. :)

for once i dont agree..lol.
and i aspirate in delts, its easy to do with one hand and you only pull back a little bit to see. i think its worse to not do it IMO but not a big concern in delt sure.

also OP; i get twitching in delt sometimes when i pin, not that unnormal

Stop doing it every pin. The CDC removed that recommendation a while back. They said it can do harm in the area since the needle will jostle around. They also said it makes children more afraid of shots which can cause a lifetime of problems. They went on to say it is of very little benefit so no longer aspirating at all is what they recommend.
I agree its probably easier to deal with shots not doing it, and i agree someone not used to pinning could cause damage from moving pin around.
but iv had docs give me some reckless shots so i dont take what they say on this topic with its better for us, but better for them, less hassle and minimal possible issues if you dont do it anyways.
i personally rather do it and havent had an issue. only takes one sec to flick/pull plunger back, and there bood a few times i somehow ended right in a vein and changed spots.
i know times i got gear in blood from that or passing through a vein that i had a coughing fit, specially with tren (worse when you nick vein) so to me its worth it.

Last edited:
for once i dont agree..lol.
and i aspirate in delts, its easy to do with one hand and you only pull back a little bit to see. i think its worse to not do it IMO but not a big concern in delt sure.

also OP; i get twitching in delt sometimes when i pin, not that unnormal

Oh, if it makes you feel safer, I'm all for doing what feels best. I just know a lot of newer folks follow old advice based on protocols, and often don't aspirate properly.

Here is a decent summary as to what is being taught today for those interested.

It should be noted that folks whom wish to continue the practice pull back for 5-10 seconds (although blood pressure will force blood into the needle if positive pressure is not being applied) and blood not being present does not necessarily indicate that a blood vessel has not been infiltrated. This is where much of the potential damage comes from, as many apply negative pressure for a single second or two, then applying great positive pressure - damaging the tissues.

I don't know how you do it though juced! I know I'm not the most flexible guy, but I have to support my injection hand by holding the elbow with my other hand, which makes any movement difficult lol. :wiggle:

Hey what's up guys? Looking for a little info as to why this is now. I love pinning delts....but i am having a problem with my left one at the moment. A week ago while i was pinning old lefty, my muscle did one extreme spasm when the needle was a third of the way in. It didn't hurt, just looked terrifying lol. After the spasm i just kept going, aspirated, and injected. The only difference this time was that the recovery took a bit longer, and the swelling was a little worse. But that all went away in 5 days and everything was fine....so I injected in that same delt today, in a slightly different spot, and the same thing happened...only this time not as extreme. It was only two small twitches. Again, no pain, so i continued. I feel fine right now, but I was just wondering, is this normal? Is this going to be a reoccurring thing? I know that it happens to people sometimes, but i have never experienced a muscle twitching during a pin...so why would it happen twice in a row now?

You don't need to aspirate with im injections.

Sometimes I hit the wrong spot in my glute and have a spasm but I am usually ok and do not get any extra soreness. As for aspirating after about 6 pins of doing that and nothing I stopped.

Don't listen guys who don't know their shit. You should always aspirate. Yes, 0.5 cc oil probably will not kill you but it will harm your body A LOT. It doesn't matter if you are still alive. It doesn't work that way.

Here's an example. Steroids will damage the heart. If you're 35, sure, you can have healthy heart NOW, but when you're 60, you will understand what I said :)

It doesn't work that way. You can be healthy now, you still can be alive, but your life will be shortened.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have NEVER aspirated an IM in my life.
There s no hard empirical data that steroids, when used in conjunction with a healthy life style, diet and monitoring blood work have a negative impact on your heart.

I m pushing 53 and been splitting wood as my aerobic session in 100 degree heat. Post a pic. Post a bona fide no fat boy study or control group where AAS have a neg impact on ldl, total cholesterol etc.

My choleaterol s never ever been over 175 and I smoke and eat KFC at 1 a m before a blood draw.

Quit spewing alarmist propaganda from those who want US to be viewed as drug using risk takers by couch potatoe sitting mrshmellows who want a trophy for showing up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have NEVER aspirated an IM in my life.
There s no hard empirical data that steroids, when used in conjunction with a healthy life style, diet and monitoring blood work have a negative impact on your heart.

I m pushing 53 and been splitting wood as my aerobic session in 100 degree heat. Post a pic. Post a bona fide no fat boy study or control group where AAS have a neg impact on ldl, total cholesterol etc.

My choleaterol s never ever been over 175 and I smoke and eat KFC at 1 a m before a blood draw.

Quit spewing alarmist propaganda from those who want US to be viewed as drug using risk takers by couch potatoe sitting mrshmellows who want a trophy for showing up.

lol. like I said it doesnt work that way. "I am alive now so steroids wont harm" just lol

steroids harm the heart. Period. if you use less, youll get less harm but it still harm you.

You WANT to believe cycling is not too dangerous but I'm here to tell the truth. Steroids fuck with other hormones. It is not good thing to fuck with endocrine system. Youre 50. You will understand when youre 65 ;)

Don't listen guys who don't know their shit. You should always aspirate. Yes, 0.5 cc oil probably will not kill you but it will harm your body A LOT. It doesn't matter if you are still alive. It doesn't work that way.

Here's an example. Steroids will damage the heart. If you're 35, sure, you can have healthy heart NOW, but when you're 60, you will understand what I said :)

It doesn't work that way. You can be healthy now, you still can be alive, but your life will be shortened.

I am surprised you are saying the CDC don't know their shit. The CDC completely disagrees with you and they say not to aspirate:

Intramuscular Injections and Needle Length

Injectable immunobiologics should be administered where local, neural, vascular, or tissue injury is unlikely. Use of longer needles has been associated with less redness or swelling than occurs with shorter needles because of injection into deeper muscle mass (60). Appropriate needle length depends on age and body mass.

For all intramuscular injections, the needle should be long enough to reach the muscle mass and prevent vaccine from seeping into subcutaneous tissue, but not so long as to involve underlying nerves, blood vessels, or bone (59,63--65). Vaccinators should be familiar with the anatomy of the area into which they are injecting vaccine. Intramuscular injections are administered at a 90-degree angle to the skin, preferably into the anterolateral aspect of the thigh or the deltoid muscle of the upper arm, depending on the age of the patient (Table 7).

Decision on needle size and site of injection must be made for each person on the basis of the size of the muscle, the thickness of adipose tissue at the injection site, the volume of the material to be administered, injection technique, and the depth below the muscle surface into which the material is to be injected (Figure 1). Aspiration before injection of vaccines or toxoids (i.e., pulling back on the syringe plunger after needle insertion, before injection) is not required because no large blood vessels exists at the recommended injection sites.

As for harming the heart, recent studies have shown that men with low testosterone have a greatly reduced risk of having a heart attack if they take testosterone injections to raise their level to within the normal range.

A new multi-year study from the Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute in Salt Lake City shows that testosterone therapy helped elderly men with low testosterone levels and pre-existing coronary artery disease reduce their risks of major adverse cardiovascular events -- including strokes, heart attacks, and death.

The new Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute study corroborates the findings of a 2015 Intermountain study, which found that taking supplemental testosterone didn't increase the risk of experiencing a heart attack or stroke for men who had low testosterone levels and no prior history of heart disease.

Both Intermountain Healthcare studies address a recent mandate by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Last year, the FDA required manufacturers of all approved testosterone products to add labels outlining the coronary risks of the testosterone supplementation.

"The FDA's warning was based on the best clinical information available at the time," Dr. Muhlestein said. "As further information, like our research, becomes available -- and especially after a large randomized clinical outcomes trial can be accomplished -- hopefully the FDA will be able to change its warning."
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160403195920.htm

lol. like I said it doesnt work that way. "I am alive now so steroids wont harm" just lol

steroids harm the heart. Period. if you use less, youll get less harm but it still harm you.

You WANT to believe cycling is not too dangerous but I'm here to tell the truth. Steroids fuck with other hormones. It is not good thing to fuck with endocrine system. Youre 50. You will understand when youre 65 ;)

Seems simple enough, post a study showing otherwise healthy people having their hearts damaged by testosterone use. Since you say even low amounts do it, present us a study showing that men who have low natural testosterone levels (well below the 300 bottom level) raising their level into the normal range causes heart damage. You do have scientific support for your position, right? You are not just repeating what you heard some people say on TV or something, are you? You have actual information you can share with us that shows what you say is true, right? Of course you do, so share it with us.

I BET WHEN I M 65 I LL STILL BE SPLITTING WOOD AND WOMEN 1/2 MY AGE W WOOD...

But we all have our opinion s...and that s what ur doing...regurgitating someone s opinion...not fact.

In the 70 s and 80 s 1 small study sid egg yolks were bad for you. In a healthy person whose active the yolk provides lycene..integral for protein synthesis and choline a key element in cognitive thinking...but the RX companie s made billion s selling cholesterol meds.

Same w trt and prostate cancer. It s a myth propagated to give g d lawyers reason to sue...this profit only driven society AND litigious mindset feeds idiot s like u shit and u eat it with a smile and try to get others to swallow it too.

That being being sid..

Have a glorious day. Post a pic-I dare u.

I BET WHEN I M 65 I LL STILL BE SPLITTING WOOD AND WOMEN 1/2 MY AGE W WOOD...

But we all have our opinion s...and that s what ur doing...regurgitating someone s opinion...not fact.

In the 70 s and 80 s 1 small study sid egg yolks were bad for you. In a healthy person whose active the yolk provides lycene..integral for protein synthesis and choline a key element in cognitive thinking...but the RX companie s made billion s selling cholesterol meds.

Same w trt and prostate cancer. It s a myth propagated to give g d lawyers reason to sue...this profit only driven society AND litigious mindset feeds idiot s like u shit and u eat it with a smile and try to get others to swallow it too.

That being being sid..

Have a glorious day. Post a pic-I dare u.

I am sure you will still be at it bro!

Back