My 100g shake

the_hulk

I make a shake that I call the 100g shake cuz it has around or alittle less then 100grams of protien. check it out

3 scoops strawberry isopure
1 banana
20 oz milk
2 whole eggs
and sometimes some icecubes.

Blend it all together and enjoy! I like the way it tastes and its got a pretty good amount of protein, without all the fat etc.

100g of protein at once is too much. your body cannot digest that much protein at one time. Id stick with two scoops of protein or one scoop protein and 5 to 8 egg whites. egg white protein is the protein you want anyway, its much better than protein powder. So up your egg white # and lessen your protein scoops. Keep your shake around 50 to 60g of protein.

Onswoll said:
100g of protein at once is too much. your body cannot digest that much protein at one time. Id stick with two scoops of protein or one scoop protein and 5 to 8 egg whites. egg white protein is the protein you want anyway, its much better than protein powder. So up your egg white # and lessen your protein scoops. Keep your shake around 50 to 60g of protein.
I've also heard the body can only digest a certain amount of protein at one time. Can you explain why this is?

lastlaft said:
You process about 25grms of protein at a time.
So eating a protein shake of 25 g and a chicken breast in the same meal is a waste?

I still don't understand the science behind it. Why doesn't your body absorb more than 25 g of protein at a time?

Miss Muscle said:
So eating a protein shake of 25 g and a chicken breast in the same meal is a waste?

I still don't understand the science behind it. Why doesn't your body absorb more than 25 g of protein at a time?

why dont we test the science behind it. you should sit down and drink a 100gram protein shake then eat 10 chicken breasts. then check your stool for excess proteins.

Where is the data to support this? If your body can only process 25g of protein at one time, then an 8oz glass of orange juice, 1 can of tuna, and half of a wheat pita would put you at your limit until your body can process the protein ? Does that mean that anything over 25 in one sitting would be stored as fat?

This is what I have been told for years, the body can only absorb 25-30 grms of protien per sitting. I could be wrong. I will google it and see if I need to be corrected. Could you please post your data that shows we CAN consume more in a single sitting?

depending on your size, 100g of protein at a time is ridiculous. if more is better, then fuck, why not a 200g shake? youll get double the muscle, right?

chaseinfinite said:
Where is the data to support this? If your body can only process 25g of protein at one time, then an 8oz glass of orange juice, 1 can of tuna, and half of a wheat pita would put you at your limit until your body can process the protein ? Does that mean that anything over 25 in one sitting would be stored as fat?
25 isnt the magic number. an 80lb 80 year old woman and a 200lb 20 year old guy who trains are obviously going to have different protein requirements. But yes, after your protein requirement has been met, it can be stored as fat.

toooooo many people speculating....

wheres yellow jacket, he is good for kicking out facts and figures haha

Well if its complete bullshit i'm sure we'd like to know what it is? Other than that can somewho knows give a link to the real answer.

chaseinfinite said:
I would think excess fat, carbs or protein would all be stored as fat.

100g shakes are excellent. The calories have to come from somewhere guys so where else would you rather they be from? Fat? Carbs?

Cmon guys does 100g really scare you?? Protein is king, bar none.

"Protein requirements?" Based on what exactly? This is NOT glycogen, you cant just fill up your protein tank and be done. You have the whole concept a little mixed up.

Back