Pushdowns (exterior head) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
Barbell French presses (interior head) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
One-arm dumbbell triceps extensions (exterior head) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps

End with abs then cardio

Friday

ABS ABS ABS!!!!!!!!!

Cardio

-----------------------------------

This is the work-out routine I have been doing for a month I found it online I believe it was Arnolds from '91. It's going great to be honest, but I was wondering if anyone had some work-outs they could suggest to add to this work out. I'm looking more for work-outs to really increase size. I'm already cut as hell I just want more size. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Oh and I have great ab work-outs I do, but I was wondering whatever else is doing on abs it could never hurt to add a few more ab work-outs on to my routine.
Thanks

Well I work-out with my buddy and it varries between 2-4 hours adding in 15 minutes to tan. Depends on how many people are in the gym and how much we rest between reps and different work-outs.

Maybe a little over-training ehh?? Thats a long time, even if u do rest between sets.

It seems like it, maybe it is. Though, I'm never overly-exhausted, extremly soar (however I do get pretty soar some days), and I feel amazing after a work-out. I mean what would be signs of over-training if I may ask?

Fatigue, no motivation to train as hard as u want to mentally and physically, loss of growth. Basically stalemate in all those general areas.

Damn bro how do those biceps feel w/ 18 sets ur punishing them those baby's would grow better with less work. 9 sets is general rule i mean everyone is different on my power nite's i'll bang 7 sets use 9 to sculpt. I try to wrap it up 45-1hr. I do Cardio in the morning before first meal.

yeah im usually in the gym bout 1 hr MAX. i honestly think that if your workin out for over 2 hrs even with cardio your prob overtraining unless your like pro

I do a workout similar to that i also got from arnold. i try to do 10 sets of each never quite get to 10 on each exercise though. doesnt take me personally more than an hour aN thirty min to get thru with the weights. Looks like a good workout u just gotta switch it up every 3 weeks or so

signs of over training. loss of sleep, muscle fatigue, DOMS for too long, muscle twitching, muscle loss, loss in strength.

IMHO, that is way too much. Personally I dont like how your intensity would go down and your weights from over exhauting the muscle. I think you get to a point where you exhaust the muscle.

Geesh you must live at the gym :) I would cut that time down quite a bit - 4 hours is way to long bro. I'm in there about 45 minutes when I'm alone and maybe an hour 20 MAX if I'm there with a friend

you should cut the sets down and up the intensity.you must be traning intense enought if you train with that many sets,i does like 18-20 for chest in a hour or hour and 15 mins and be's exausted after that.if you are doing 32 sets for chest with high intensity you must have to go home and sleep the rest of the day.

i like to go heavy with the compounds but drop/seperset with the isolation exercises like chest fyles.

I agee. My opinion is your volume is to high. You say you are ripped, so I assume your diet needs changing for bulking. There is a great post in the diet forum on bulking, if you follow the principles you should not put on too much fat.
Secondly I would cut down the sets and exercises to 3 or 4 and keep the reps between 8 and 12.
This is my program I started several weeks ago and I am getting great gains from it.
Each workout takes roughly an hour.
Make sure you warm up properly and take all sets to failure. Lift weight as fast as possible, then lower for 3 secs)

Monday - chest and tris
DB bench press - 3 sets of 8-12 reps (superset with DB flye)
DB flye - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Incline DB - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Wide grip dips (for chest) - 3 sets of 8-12 reps (strap weight on if necisarry)
Narrow grip dips (for tris) - 3 sets of 8-12 reps (strap weight if necisarry)
Close grip bench - 3 ses of 8-12 reps
Plate french press - 3 sets of 8-12 reps (superset with Plate press)
Plate press - 3 sets of 8-12 reps

Tuesday - Legs and bis
Squat - 3 sets of 12-15 reps (you can do 8-12 reps if desired, I just get better results from 12-15)
Leg press - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Calf raise - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Seated calf raise - 2 sets of 8-12
(I usually stretch my legs now)
DB curl - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Narrow grip BB curl - 3 stes of 8-12 reps (superset with reverse BB curl)
Rev BB curl - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Concentration curl - 3 sets of 8-12 reps

Thursday - Abs
Hanging leg raise (do with a wide chin grip) 3 sets of 10-20 reps (use ankle weights if necissary)
Crunch - 3 sets 10-20 reps (hold DB to increase intencity)
Incline reverse leg raise/crunch - 3 sets of 10-20 (hold hip thrust pos for 2 secs)
V ups - 3 sets of 8-12 reps (do partials on last set)
Side bends - 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Oblique cable crunch - 3 sets of 12-15 reps

Friday - Back and shoulders
BB row - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Deadlift - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Lat pulldown - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
cable row - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
(I usually chuck in a set of forearms for grip strength here, but its optional)
BB roll grips - 3 sets of 8-12 reps (superset with wrist curl)
Wrist curl - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Seated DB shoulder press - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Incline (almost upright) plate press - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Upright row - 3 sets of 8-12 reps (superset with bent over lat raise)
Bent over lat raise - 3 sets of 8-12 reps

The reason why I go to failure on each set is I find it better for hypertrophy, where as I find ascending set sequences much more beneficial for strength. I chose 3 exercises for a muscle group and superset one exercise.
Hope this helps.

PS I would rest for 2-3 mins between sets.

Back