NAC: take it everyday or only when liver values high

Ghost124

Ok so we all know NAC is proven to lower elevated liver values. I just got bloodwork done and my liver values were excellent prior to 2 weeks ago when they were double what is considered normal levels. I took NAC for 2 weeks and re-ran blood and they were perfect. So the big question is do I take NAC everyday or only situational when the liver values are high?? I am a fond believer that too much of anything is not good for you. Right now I am off and do not drink alcohol. Do you guys take this stuff everyday or only when values elevated?

Wow that's pretty significant improvement in only two weeks. How much NAC were you taking daily between those blood tests? I was taking 1200mg daily with 50mg dbol and liver values came back only slightly above "normal range"

I take NAC all the time, on or off cycle.
I take 600mgs/day off cycle, 1200mgs/day on cycle. Its not just a liver support supplement. It is an amazing anti-oxidant that has general health benefits too numerous to count or list.
If for some reason my liver enzymes end up elevated on cycle in spite of NAC use I turn to UDCA at 250-500mgs/day. ( I actually have used less UDCA than that in the past, 250mgs ED to EOD but in the future if needed I am upping it).

I'm actually surprised to hear that NAC reduced your liver profiles... from what I've learnt they aren't good for this and TUDCA is the preferred method of lowering your levels.
NAC and Liv52 are supposed to be taken year round to keep your levels in check.

I take NAC off cycle @ 600mg, on cycle @ 1200mg and on cycle (with orals) @ 1800mg.

Hope that helps.
BigBen

I'm actually surprised to hear that NAC reduced your liver profiles... from what I've learnt they aren't good for this and TUDCA is the preferred method of lowering your levels.
NAC and Liv52 are supposed to be taken year round to keep your levels in check.

I take NAC off cycle @ 600mg, on cycle @ 1200mg and on cycle (with orals) @ 1800mg.

Hope that helps.
BigBen

IDK maybe my body lowered them naturally since it seems uncommon for NAC to lower them that fast

thanks for the replies guys, looks like I will be adding NAC to my daily fish oil regime

Back