Need motivation

boost_addict

Background: Was getting into bodybuilding for about 3-4yrs then I found MMA.
Old stats: 23 5'9 215lbs 10-12%bf
Did muay thai 4 days a week, BJJ 3 days a week with minimal weights, just to maintain size.
Now: Roughly 185 and 20%bf (im guessing this one)

Got really sick in June, was barely able to move due to a serious infection, since then just started moving around within the last 2 weeks and im in disgusting shape. I can barely walk up the stairs from my basement without being short of breathe, the thought of going back in such brutal shape worries me.
Im wondering if you guys can give me some tips to get motivated?

Seriously any help is appreciated, I just feel defeated :thumbsdow

start over.

it's true..starting over from being sick sucks.

just recall the things you've been doing back then and what you have already accomplished

I know how your feeling bro I js had major surgery a cupple of months ago and cant get back into sports for 8-9 months. Just take baby steps dont compare your self with the man you were then but the man you want to become now. This is a fresh start a chance for you to push urself to your limits and prove that you have what it takes wont give up, Ive sudied a few martial arts in my life and the one thing I was always told is to never accept defeat because if you do your putting up a mental blocks, knock em down and soldier on because battle wont be easy, I hope you find your drive in yourself, I know I will in time. Be positive

Thanks guys,
Ive been watching some MMA highlight vids and trying to think about the best way to start back. It is definatley depressing, but im trying to work through, ive been going for walks which was extremely gay for me 4 months ago lol but is about all I can do now.

Back