New Deadlift PR with vid 455 x 5

Who is Mike Jones? said:
I don't like the gloves and you got skinny legs but you did a nice job pullin that.

Yeah, my calves have always been my weak point. Thanks for pointing that out. The gloves are b/c the bar is basically brand new and will rip the skin clean off your hands w/o gloves. Thanks.

Good lifts man. I wish I had a hardcore gym in my area that would allow me to use chalk.

Why no shoes?

If you want your calves to grow, just hit em fuckin heavy for 12 or so reps. Mine were lagging, until the last few months when I decided I'm blasting them. They responded very well.

Thanks Outlaw, I like pulling with no shoes b/c I feel more stable than with a running shoe with a raised heel.

My legs aren't too bad, they just looked small from that angle.

Last edited:
whether it's big, small or whatever, as long as you lift weights that most people can't do, that's suffice already bro. no matter how heavy you go, if it doesn't grow, then let it make you strong then and worry about it some other time.

oh btw, i got your mail, but i wouldn't be able to get it due to internet slow. i'll st it up tomorrow morning. thanks again!

thanks jt, nice pulls. The jerking motion before the lifts kinda alarmed me, looks like it can hurt your back, no ?

great pull bro---Who is mike jones....just cause soemones calves are laggin doesnt mean they have small legs...he has some good size.

Calves is something that alot of guys are behind in, includin myself.

Hey JT what u weigin in at now?

mister69 said:
great pull bro---Who is mike jones....just cause soemones calves are laggin doesnt mean they have small legs...he has some good size.

Calves is something that alot of guys are behind in, includin myself.

Hey JT what u weigin in at now?

Thanks my man. I'm between 216-220 right now, been off for a while.

calves are fucked up muscles. they just don't want to grow dammit. i like to slice them out and beat the crap out of them. god i hate my calves. maybe you should be doing 1000lbs calf raises to give it some inch...i duno...lol

Most guys I see with small calves are doing to much for them. Your calves are working out all the time. I started out not even concerned about calves they were 13" Twigs! LOL. all I ever did and still only do is standing one leg raises while holding a dumbell. 2- 3 sets and now they are 18". And I am a hard gainer with shit genes. I had a buddy of mine try these and cut out the other crap he was doing for his calves and he put on 1/2" in a month.

no shoes equal less bending over and short range to the top.

Nice job with all those new, pretty weights

Back