New meds as of yesterday

Infantry87

Yesterday, I had my monthly meeting with my Psychologist and she put me on new meds.

Paroxetine (PAXIL) 40mg/day /depression
Divalproex (DEPAKOTE) 500mg/day /bipolar and mood regulation
Buspirone(BUSPAR) 30mg/day / anxiety
Prazosin (MINIPRESS) 3mg/day Nightmares (due to Iraq/Afghanistan)

These might seem like alot but I was on a lot more meds while I was still active duty in the army. I was taken off trazadone for sleep and topamax for severe headaches and switched from xanax to buspirone. I'll be doing half-doasges for awhile to get it in my system for the fact that these may turn me into a zombie. Also, I'd like to add that before I started adding Deca into my cycles, I was on morphine (liquid) and oxycodone everyday for 3 sep discs in my back and a lateral tear in my left knee. Deca works guys, I'm a walking example for joints/etc.. because since Ive been on my current cycle I've taken my pain meds maybe twice in 7 wks.

I hope it works out well for you. I have been on a few of these but hated them. I actually felt worse. Shit was like poison to me.

I've heard bad shit about depakote and I'm really hesitant to take this. Mini-press just shuts me down during sleep, no dreams/thoughts/nightmares. Never had a problem with the paxil besides the inability to reach climax sometimes

I've heard bad shit about depakote and I'm really hesitant to take this. Mini-press just shuts me down during sleep, no dreams/thoughts/nightmares. Never had a problem with the paxil besides the inability to reach climax sometimes

Yeah PTSD is a bitch.

Just don't stay on them longer than needed.

I wouldn't expect much from the buspar but it's always good to see people get off the benzos....the buspar's 4-6 weeks to work and I never got much relief from it...

does your DR know you're on the shit right now ?

I wouldn't expect much from the buspar but it's always good to see people get off the benzos....the buspar's 4-6 weeks to work and I never got much relief from it...

does your DR know you're on the shit right now ?

Yea, she knows. She's been my head dr for awhile now so she knows that im the same while im on cycle and off cycle. Juice doesnt effect me with rage, mood swings etc besides in the gym. That shit doesnt follow me outside

Yea, she knows. She's been my head dr for awhile now so she knows that im the same while im on cycle and off cycle. Juice doesnt effect me with rage, mood swings etc besides in the gym. That shit doesnt follow me outside

I have no experience with PTSD but I know the drill dealing with depression and anxiety and I know it's a son of a bitch.....good luck brother !!

hey brother,ive been on Paxil,Depakote and Buspar,unfortunatley they didnt help me,to many side efx with paxil,and depakote is a anti-seizure medication,thats supposed to help with depression etc,and Buspar is an anti-anxiet med that works ok,but i felt funny on it all the time,its not addictive like xanax,valium,ativan etc....hopefully this combo will help out man,it took them years to get my selection of meds together on which ones work

Back