new squat video

needsize

Community Veteran
first time squatting 485lbs, but got 6 reps, raw with no belt and ass all the way down. On some of the reps, I am leaning too far forward, not too happy about that, but I'll fix it and maybe shoot another video with 495 next week

BTW, be patient, video will likely load slow

squat 485 x 6

My legs hurt just watching that--awesome especially without wraps or a belt. I feel like a weakling now.

Westside?

Man that is an awesome clip! Inspiring. You ever posted your leg workout?

I just got a couple of the latest Westside Tapes, 2 tapes called "Squat Workout" from Elite Fitness. http://www.elitefts.com/

I haven't fooled with any Westside methods on squatting, "Dabbled" with speed day / regular heavy day on benching, it helped a little. But after viewing these tapes I realize you really have to get serious, and totally immersed in their methods, with A LOT OF INTENSITY for it to truly be Westside.

Your clip reminds me a bit of the Westside tapes anyhow.

Thanks guys
Bigsickd, you can tell you squat deep, those are some nice quads

mesomorph, I havent posted my current routine. For years it was the 5x5 at the top of the page, and it worked great for strength. Lately I'm doing things differently due to competing....legs I start with a good warm up, then crank out two heavy sets of squats, today was 485 x 6, then 455 x 8, then I do two other exercises, for around 3 sets each, with some drop sets for intensity. Generally I stick with the bigger movements like hack squats and leg press. My leg strength is up in a big way lately, after those squats, I did hack squats with 6 plates a side, for 8 reps, ass all the way down

Nice vid bro, great job........

Way to represent for the Canucks on the board haha :D.......

nice job NS. you filled out some since the last pic i saw of you. looks like the lower volume is agreeing with you.

those squats looked fine til you fatigued abit then you dumped it on your back a little. who doesnt do that? :D

if you'd like i can link the clip over so it downloads a lot faster and put it in the video section then you can link it back to your post.

pullinbig said:
nice job NS. you filled out some since the last pic i saw of you. looks like the lower volume is agreeing with you.

those squats looked fine til you fatigued abit then you dumped it on your back a little. who doesnt do that? :D

if you'd like i can link the clip over so it downloads a lot faster and put it in the video section then you can link it back to your post.
im sure needsize wouldnt mind and we all would appreciate it hop a long . :insane2:

Dlove said:
You got some arms to need. What's your stats like 5 10 280?

currently 5'8" and around 260lbs

thanks PB, if you want to do that so it would be faster, that would be cool, I think I may shoot another one with 5 plates next week....that was my goal by july 1 and it looks like I'll beat it by months

needsize said:
currently 5'8" and around 260lbs

thanks PB, if you want to do that so it would be faster, that would be cool, I think I may shoot another one with 5 plates next week....that was my goal by july 1 and it looks like I'll beat it by months
imo your commitment to getting stronger and the core lifts is largely responsible for your bodybuilding success . these guys need to realize that heavy compound excercises build mass not all the 1 finger concentration curls in the articles in the musclerags .

DADAWG said:
imo your commitment to getting stronger and the core lifts is largely responsible for your bodybuilding success . these guys need to realize that heavy compound excercises build mass not all the 1 finger concentration curls in the articles in the musclerags .

precisely bro....everyone tells me i need to do more for all my other bodyparts now, instead of doing one excersise for biceps, triceps and shoulders.
o well....ill just live my life like a lil baby :baby:

DADAWG said:

so true, to fix all the little things I need for competition, I do a lot of concentration stuff now, or at least more of it, but thats after the big compound stuff, that always comes first

Back