NFL Most Elusive RB of ALL Time...

agreed! These days I like to watch Darren Sproles, he does some similar shit but he's "too small" to be an every down back. I never understand that, it's not like he ever gets hurt.

I'm a HUGE Walter Payton fan and believe he's the greatest running back/ football player of all-time, but I have to agree that Barry was the most elusive.

Barry sanders retired way too early, E smith never would have got that record if barry would have kept playing.

I know it sounds funny but OJ Simpson was bad ass 2, he ran for 2000 + yards and it only took him 13 games insted of 16.

I know it sounds funny but OJ Simpson was bad ass 2, he ran for 2000 + yards and it only took him 13 games insted of 16.

The Juice was a great RB (not so good at murder), but not as elusive as Barry. In that case Bo Jackson makes a good argument as well.

Barry sanders retired way too early, E smith never would have got that record if barry would have kept playing.

i gotta give emmitt some love, but i will say that if barry had the cowboys o-line to work with he could have retired years earlier with the same career yardage.

i agree barry is a bad motherfucker.. but AP is right beside him.. yesterdays athletes cant compare to todays.. its like putting Tyson against Ali.. Ali in his day was great but he wouldnt last 3minutes in the ring with Tyson in his prime.. Evolution.. Bigger Faster Stronger.. Also keep in mind Defenses are much more complexed than they were when barry played and its filled with todays athletes..

cant even argue.... dont matter. oj, sanders, smith. were all GREAT! yeah people will top them no questions asked... but will they ever compare HELL NO! those people had the most unique abilities ever. sanders an smith i watched since i was a kid. never got the privilege for oj except for internet. you cant make excellence. it makes itself. you can have alot of imitations but itll never be the real thing

Back