Nolva vs. Clomid for PCT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those doses of HCG are to high, using 300-500iu every 3-5 days during a cycle is better

JohnnyB

JohnnyB said:
Those doses of HCG are to high, using 300-500iu every 3-5 days during a cycle is better

JohnnyB

now i know that !

im gonna use 500 ius twice a week ( the same days wiz sustanon shot)
but startin the 4th day of the cycle and stop it a week after my last sustanon shot..

isnt that the best way??

I'm reading that the article is saying that you can use nolva instead of clomid for PCT?

is this right?

We now know that Clomid is extremely effective for restarting the HPTA at only 25mg per day. Dr. Shippen and I both found this to be true independently, and discussed same in a private conversation at an A4M confererence in Las Vegas over two years ago.

The study which is usually quoted as proof Clomid "reduces pituitary sensitivity to GnRH" used what experts now consider toxic doses of Clomid--150mg QD. I do not know anyone has ever shown this to be true at appropriate doses. Either way, BOTH Clomid and Nolvadex have been shown to increase LH production, so what does it matter?

But Nolvadex is indeed an excellent alternative for HPTA-stimulation.

SWALE said:
We now know that Clomid is extremely effective for restarting the HPTA at only 25mg per day. Dr. Shippen and I both found this to be true independently, and discussed same in a private conversation at an A4M confererence in Las Vegas over two years ago.

The study which is usually quoted as proof Clomid "reduces pituitary sensitivity to GnRH" used what experts now consider toxic doses of Clomid--150mg QD. I do not know anyone has ever shown this to be true at appropriate doses. Either way, BOTH Clomid and Nolvadex have been shown to increase LH production, so what does it matter?

But Nolvadex is indeed an excellent alternative for HPTA-stimulation.

Swale, would it be beneficial to run Clomid at 50mg/day for the first 2 weeks of post cycle therapy (pct) in addition to 40mg of Nolva while continuing the Nolva for 4-6 weeks or until HTPA seems to be fully recovered? I may try this for my next post cycle therapy (pct).

You have to be careful: just because it works in females does not automatically mean it does the same for males.

Are you talking about oppositional growth (Wolff’s Law?) Ossification in men and women are two different animals! No bad intent Here. Calcitonin release caused by other factors are in play here!

Last edited:
Clomiphene

I see many of your readers are interesting about medications and medicines, so now I going to touch that theme
information about medicines:
Clomiphene Citrate

Clomiphene citrate (brand name Clomid, Serophene) is used to induce ovulation. It revolutionized the field of infertility in the late 1950s.
Description

Clomiphene citrate is an orally administered medication. The initial dosage is 50 mg per day for five days, from day three to seven of the woman's cycle. The dose may be increased in subsequent cycles if the minimum dose does not result in ovulation.

Clomiphene citrate appears to act on the hypothalamus and is useful for women who do not ovulate because of hypothalamic or pituitary problems. Given early in the menstrual cycle (day three to seven), it suppresses the amount of naturally circulating estrogen. This "tricks" the pituitary into producing more follicular stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). These hormones then stimulate the ovary to ripen a follicle and release an egg. Of patients who are properly screened for use of this drug, about 70 percent will ovulate, and 40 percent of those will become pregnant. If a patient ovulates but does not become pregnant, the physician should check cervical factors. The anti-estrogenic effect of clomiphene citrate can create a "hostile" environment for conception.

We usually start with the lowest dosage to minimize adverse reactions. We then increase the dose in a subsequent cycle if ovulation does not occur. The patient should begin testing urine for an LH surge daily with an ovulation test kit, beginning on day 11 or 12 of the cycle. Call the office when an LH surge occurs.

In most cases, we will examine you with transvaginal ultrasound to see whether the follicles are ready for ovulation and check the size of the ovaries. If they are excessively enlarged, we will stop treatment until the ovaries are back to the pre-treatment size. If the follicles are ready to ovulate, we will proceed with your treatment, which may include scheduling an intrauterine insemination, or advising you when to have natural intercourse.

Another medications are

Butalbital and aspirin combination is a pain reliever and relaxant. It is used to treat tension headaches. Butalbital belongs to the group of medicines called barbiturates . Barbiturates act in the central nervous system (CNS) to produce their effects.

Alprazolam is used to treat anxiety and panic disorders attacks, Anxiety disorders are characterized by unrealistic worry and apprehension, causing symptoms of restlessness, aches, trembling, shortness of breath, smothering sensation, palpitations, sweating, cold clammy hands, lightheadedness, flushing, exaggerated startle responses, problems concentrating, and insomnia. Panic attacks occur either unexpectedly or in certain situations (i.e. driving), and can require higher dosages of alprazolam.
Norco is prescribed for moderate to moderately severe pain. This is available in tablet, capsule, and liquid form and is taken every 4-6 hours by mouth.
The Lortab is prescribed for moderate to moderately severe pain. Hydrocodone binds to the pain receptors in the brain so that the sensation of pain is reduced. care must be taken to follow the doctor's instructions when taking Lortab.
Flexeril should be used only for short periods (no more than 3 weeks) And may be taken with or without food.
If you want more information you can go to www.crdrx.com , 10/325 at www.10-325.com , Vicoprofen, www.1vicoprofen.com and Lortab, www.1lortab.com.
Thanks

:rockband:

i've used both and i'm preferring tamox as i rem feeling "weird" on the clomid

Clomid is superior in every way in restoring the HPGA.

Nolva appears to be only effective if you are not heavily suppressed, it does not stimulate LH release but mainly acts as priming agent for response to GnRH. Also it upregulates the PgR (this is via estrogenic as well as theorized non-genomic action) which can exacerbate gyno issues when progestins are involved. Nolva is commonly linked to post cycle gyno for this reason.

tamoxifen upregulates inhibin as well.

this is not to say that some people cannot use nolva with positive results, merely that both the clinical and anecdotal evidence are against it for use among the general population.

however that being said a lot is not known about the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) suppressed state (which has a number of actors of which E is primary but certainly not alone).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back