Oh wow...this blows.

athiktos

7 wks off (broken elbow!)
so i just started lifting again after a broken elbow. I was in a 90degree brace for 8 weeks. here are some current stats for you while im still doing therapy. I cant go all out for another 6 weeks.

old body weight 198 13%bf 5'9"
current body weight 183 ?bf

:worried:
deads = 75lbs 2x12 (before = 425lbs 1rep max)
lat pulldown = 60lbs 3x12 (before = 200lbs+ 3x8)
bicep DB curls = 12.5lbs 3x15 (before = 60lbs 3x8)
shoulder DB press = 20lbs 3x15 (before = 85lbs 3x8)
bench DB press = 20lbs 3x15 (before = 120lbs 2x4)
pressdowns = 20lbs 3x15 (before = 120lbs+ 3x8)

moral of the story...dont be retarded and do something that could break a bone. However...ill be back hoes. :afro:

dont let it get you down, muscle memory is great and you will be back to your old weight in no time.

No doubt man. Like the others have said, we all have setbacks. What matters most is how we battle past them.

That sux, but hard work will get it back. I have no Clue how all your lifts dropped so much in 8 weeks though, seems kinda extreme to me. But I broke my wrist twice in one year so I know where u r coming from...good luck!

you might even take a whole year doing light stuff alone, bro. it's alright ya know....no reason to pull 500 or press 600 with a recovering arm....ya know that ^^

LivingSculpture said:
That sux, but hard work will get it back. I have no Clue how all your lifts dropped so much in 8 weeks though, seems kinda extreme to me. But I broke my wrist twice in one year so I know where u r coming from...good luck!

No its not that i lost all that strenght....thats just the max weight im allowed or can do right now because my elbow is still broken. I cant lift like i used to for another few weeks. Its tight and pops and cracks when i lift the light weight. Im just lifting what i can now to get back into it so when i am fully recovered i can lift like i used too. I didnt loose that much strength its just that my elbow is still recovering and i dont want to mess it back up again. so im just taking things very easy.

athiktos said:
No its not that i lost all that strenght....thats just the max weight im allowed or can do right now because my elbow is still broken.

Yeah man we are talking the elbow here, I think you would be lucky if you dont have permanent issues from it. Thankfully though you are at least young, I'm sure that will help.

Good luck on the recoup trail!

athiktos said:
No its not that i lost all that strenght....thats just the max weight im allowed or can do right now because my elbow is still broken. I cant lift like i used to for another few weeks. Its tight and pops and cracks when i lift the light weight. Im just lifting what i can now to get back into it so when i am fully recovered i can lift like i used too. I didnt loose that much strength its just that my elbow is still recovering and i dont want to mess it back up again. so im just taking things very easy.

Don't worry about the weight you are putting up. When my knee cap was shredded from an IED all of my confidence evaporated. What matters most is how good you look and the amount of weight you put up means nothing. Keep your body healthy and don't worry about the amount of weight you are moving. Enjoy being in the gym and let your body heal.

athiktos said:

take your time and let it heal up right, the last thing you want is another major set back. good luck bro, and remember to pace yourself.

tell me about it i was in hospital 4 a week and when i got out .man i dont want to even talk about it..this is only going back 2 weeks ago...still depressed man...feel upset and small.. and wanting to cry i was upset .didnt feel myself nothing WAIT or is that just the gyno kickn in....But im struggling now to get that back man..and its going ok...good luck

Back