Ok, fuck it, gonna do the DC routine. some questions.

Johny J

never gonna be a ***
As posted before, i was using an HST routine. I really liked the results. However, after 8 weeks i figured i would try a volume routine to experiment with things. Well i dont like it. I can feel that i am not growing like i was.
So i have established HST is superior.
I figure now i will give DC a shot. It was burning my ass, thats why i am up at 1am posting about it when i hqave a final exam at 730am. lol. whatever, i want muscles too.

I been doing a good amount of reading on it, and i get it.
however, i have come across some incosistencies. As far as what excercies to use, i read that you pick an excercise till you hit a plateua with it, and then you switch to another excercise for that body part (DC said this). However, i have also seen people (off the top of my head, Iron Addict says it like this in his sticky) that you pick 2 excercises for a body part, and rotate them, doing lift number 1 today and next time i come back to this bdypart i do lift #2. Essentially rotating which lift i do.

so which is it? or is this a preference thing?

I haven't used DC's methods nor know heaps about it but from what i have read ,I thought it was the first one ( use one until plateu).

There are heaps of bastardised DC programmes out there ( which probably means they are not really DC programmes). I guess inhuman or DC are probably the only ones who know it 100%.

how come you ditched your programme after a week or so? IMO you got to give it a least 4 weeks, sometimes you just need to fuck around with the weights you use and fine tune some shit.

good luck with your exams, what are you studying?

remember that IA customizes various routines to suit the needs of his clients..
I have also read it both ways..

Honestly i dont think it will hinder gains doing it either way..Conjugate periodizaton or WSB is based on that same principle switching your max effort exercise every 1-3 weeks allows you to keep making gains..

inked1 said:
I haven't used DC's methods nor know heaps about it but from what i have read ,I thought it was the first one ( use one until plateu).

There are heaps of bastardised DC programmes out there ( which probably means they are not really DC programmes). I guess inhuman or DC are probably the only ones who know it 100%.

how come you ditched your programme after a week or so? IMO you got to give it a least 4 weeks, sometimes you just need to fuck around with the weights you use and fine tune some shit.

good luck with your exams, what are you studying?

i really just dont feel its benefitting me as much as something else would. cant really explain it any other way then that.

as for exams, i'm working on my doctorate. Its my first quarter.

DC does three excercise rotations, and that is the correct DC system format. I do two or three dependent on the client. More experienced trainees need more variation. New guys do just as well, or better on 2. Also remember, DC reccomends his system only for advanced trainees, and doesn't take on training clients that are not fairly advanced. I work with people at all levels.

Many new guys have poor motor learning and need lifts with a high degree in intra-muscular coordination simularity to do well when changing from one lift to another to see weekly increases doing a rotational style routine.

Iron Addict

Reactions: Eze
Johny, you should do very well on the DC program.

I know there isn't alot of DC Diet info on the board, but if you look around you can find the basics and work from there. www.intensemuscle.com is a good place to start. Go to The Dogg Pound... Everyone there is very helpful. They won't answer direct diet questions (that's what DC trainees pay for) but you can get some guidance.

yeah, i ave read alot over there. I read cycling for pennies years ago when it was first posted, i think i have it saved on my old computer actually.

however, DOggCrapp got rid of all the stickies outlining the basics of his program. So it was a bitch to read through hundreds of posts, pulling out little pieces of useful info here and there.

i did a good copy and paste job over here, but that was 1 question i just couldnt find the answer to.

So DC recomends picking a couple different lifts for each group, and sticking with one till you stop progressing strength wise, then switch, correct?

anoter question.. If you were to get 315x20, and next time you go for 330 and get 17, how do you really know if you progressed or not? your weight went up but your reps went down.

Iron Addict... i am no pro or anything. But i do know how to train. Been lifting going on 5 years soon. have taken myself from 160 to 260 at one point, now at about 240. I feel i can handle DC's set up, and will do quite nice.

Johhny, I would do a 3 excercise rotation, starting with 50% rest-pause and gradually working up to 100% RP, and do the mon/wed/fri rotation in your case.

Iron Addict

Johny J said:
will do.
2 day split, lifting MWF, correct

im guessing you aint a math major?

3 day split is mwf.

and you trader. going to a routine that is anything other full body. i am disgusted. if you gonna change go PLing. =0l

pullinbig said:
im guessing you aint a math major?

3 day split is mwf.

and you trader. going to a routine that is anything other full body. i am disgusted. if you gonna change go PLing. =0l

oh nah.. now you done it sparky.

routine 1: chest, shoulders, tri, back
routine 2: legs, bi's, forearms

Monday: routine 1
Wed: routine 2
Friday: routine 1

monday : Routine 2
wed: routine 1
friday: routine 2

and yes, i will get around to trying the power lifting routine. However, i dont know if i can handle the extreme level of chicken wing eating, nascar watching, and wrapping all body parts like a mummy while punching and kicking the bar.

Johny J said:
However, i dont know if i can handle the extreme level of chicken wing eating, nascar watching, and wrapping all body parts like a mummy while punching and kicking the bar.

Nothing wrong with eating wings (hooters = buy 10 get 10 free after 7 on wednesday nights), watching nascar, or beating the shit out of iron objects.

SpikeyLizard said:
Nothing wrong with eating wings (hooters = buy 10 get 10 free after 7 on wednesday nights), watching nascar, or beating the shit out of iron objects.

i dont think there is anything wrong with it. I was just merely stating i dont think i could handle the world of the chicken wing eating, milk shake drinking power lifter.

pullinbig said:
well you like you handled the water mellon OK.

3 workouts per week is a three day split.

grrr. my body is covered in 2 sessions, hence a 2 day split.

does Deebs know you have a pic of him in your avatar? or is that young Deebs, aka Biggie.

honestly though, i couldnt handle the eating thing. i think that is the hardest part of this lifestyle for me.

Johny J said:
grrr. my body is covered in 2 sessions, hence a 2 day split.

does Deebs know you have a pic of him in your avatar? or is that young Deebs, aka Biggie.

honestly though, i couldnt handle the eating thing. i think that is the hardest part of this lifestyle for me.

you are confused about how we eat.

who is deebs?

Johny J said:
yeah, i ave read alot over there. I read cycling for pennies years ago when it was first posted, i think i have it saved on my old computer actually.

however, DOggCrapp got rid of all the stickies outlining the basics of his program. So it was a bitch to read through hundreds of posts, pulling out little pieces of useful info here and there.

i did a good copy and paste job over here, but that was 1 question i just couldnt find the answer to.

So DC recomends picking a couple different lifts for each group, and sticking with one till you stop progressing strength wise, then switch, correct?

anoter question.. If you were to get 315x20, and next time you go for 330 and get 17, how do you really know if you progressed or not? your weight went up but your reps went down.

Iron Addict... i am no pro or anything. But i do know how to train. Been lifting going on 5 years soon. have taken myself from 160 to 260 at one point, now at about 240. I feel i can handle DC's set up, and will do quite nice.

That's progression Johny.

There is a target RP rage for each exercise. Once you hit the upper range, then increase your weight. Lifting more weight = progression. Sure you are getting less reps, but I bet next time you do that exercise you will be back around 20 reps if not more.

Also, make sure you keep a log of the weght you use and how many RP reps you get.

Easto said:
That's progression Johny.

There is a target RP rage for each exercise. Once you hit the upper range, then increase your weight. Lifting more weight = progression. Sure you are getting less reps, but I bet next time you do that exercise you will be back around 20 reps if not more.

Also, make sure you keep a log of the weght you use and how many RP reps you get.

ok, got ya. did you email me? i didnt check.

Johny J said:

Thats what max calculators are for, and whatever anyone else might say - the good ones are very accurate for me as long as we are talking 10 reps or less.

Back