Pics and Intro from a new member

growingbig

When I started I weighed a whopping 125lbs at 6' tall. Yep, I was very skinny. I got myself a personal trainer until I had enough confidence to know what I was doing. (I ended up going through three)

My weak point right now is nutrition and constantly stuffing myself to ease my ever grumbling stomach.

My hard gains seem to be coming from my legs and arms but my chest, back, shoulders seem to be coming along. The last two months I managed to gain an inch on my chest each month. I self measure so it might not be completly acurate.

My work out had been:

Day 1 chest
Day 2 back
Day 3 triceps
Day 4 biceps
Day 5 shoulders
Day 6 legs
Repeat

I decided recently to change it up a bit so now my work out is:

Day 1 shoulders/legs
Day 2 chest/back
Day 3 triceps/biceps
Day off (maybe swim)
Repeat

Now I weigh in at 143 and started gaining more weight on a consistant basis lately which is due to me not being so physically active and able to let my body recover.

My measurements as of a few days ago:

Chest 39 3/4
Bicep 12 (flexed)
Forearm 9 1/2
Thigh 19 1/4
Calf 13 1/4
Shoulders 43 1/2 (yes, I measure my shoulders)

If you want to gain mass cut way down on your time in the gym and focus on compound movements. Keep eating like there's no tomorrow.

bis/tris? forget it. work in another day of legs. judging by your pics (or lack of pics), i'd bet your legs need work.

I would say your split should be:

-Legs
-Chest/Triceps
-Back/Biceps

Seems to work the best for most people as it makes it easiest to focus on the big 3 lifts. Do you deadlift and squat? If not, start immediately.

-Legs
-Chest/Triceps
-Back/Biceps

Seems to work the best for most people as it makes it easiest to focus on the big 3 lifts. Do you deadlift and squat? If not, start immediately.

agreed ....... but just add shoulders in there too.

Thanks guys.

I'm going to go ahead with the suggestion on doing chest/triceps and back/biceps. The lack of leg pics is only because I didn't think you wanted to see my hairy legs and yes I do squats.

My lack of nutrition is because I've always been able to eat anything and it didn't really effect me weight wise, but I'm learning and adjust. My supplements right now are a whey powder and creatine.

Concentrate more on compound movements and olympic lifts. There should be no reason why you are doing only biceps one day or triceps one day until you become more advanced.

Insane_Man said:

-Legs
-Chest/Triceps
-Back/Biceps

Agree.

Congrats for your gains.

Good gains, keep up the good work. It was already said but again, squats and deadlifts will do you wonders. In addition to that, a weight gainer would also be awesome. I recommend N-large to increase caloric intake.

Back