QUestion about EO on homebrews?

BicepsPoontang

So. I just made my first homebrew, feeling awesome! With my powders I have about three more to make. Looking at the recipes, my first homebrew I used it for my Test C. But with all the powders and calculations I am realizing I didn't buy enough EO. Now one of my buddies he homebrews too and said I don't need EO and can replace it with GSO. That's fine by me. Most of my powders are long Ester, except for one of them ( Test Prop) which is a short Ester. Which I will be using as a kicker for my future cycles.

My question;

Should I use my EO for my Short Ester instead of one of my long esters? I don't have enough and I don't feel like ordering more. But since Test Prop injections are EOD. I'm wondering if I should use it or just fuck it and use GSO in place of it.

Any of you experienced homebrew guy's might be able to shed some light, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Biceps & Poontang!

Last edited:
Better to be safe than sorry. I am sure someone will chime in with their experience, until then hold your ground and keep reading :)

Don't use EO. It's a nasty solvent. I have Brewed alsorts and never use EO (I have a bad reaction)

Stick to proven recipes. Test prop 100mg/ml NO EO. 1%ba 18%bb

With long esters you can get away with even less bb 8-10%

EO is only used for thinning out high concentrations. And blends with high mg/ml

Don't use EO. It's a nasty solvent. I have Brewed alsorts and never use EO (I have a bad reaction)

With long esters you can get away with even less bb 8-10%

EO is only used for thinning out high concentrations. And blends with high mg/ml

That's good to know. I can make the rest of my powders with just the GSO. DOn't know if I have enough. I can't check right now. As my wife is coming home. She's got no idea about my AAS and I won't be telling her neither. lol

This is the recipe I have for Test Prop 100mg/ml

10g powder
37.5ml EO
37ml GSO
3ml BA (3%)
15ml BB (15%)

But I won't use the EO and replace it with the GSO.

For what ever reason I thought I read on the boards that EO was added so we have less pain for injections. I really don't give to much of a fuck about pinning. I got so many places to pin I can just rotate thru all the areas. lol I just have to write them down when I do it or else I forget where I last injected myself. THis way I know the proper rotation.

How do you measure 1%ba or 18%bb in terms of ML's? So I can do the proper conversion on other recipes? I hope that didn't sound confusing.

How do you measure 1%ba or 18%bb in terms of ML's? So I can do the proper conversion on other recipes? I hope that didn't sound confusing.

Google. Steroid calculater. And don't use 3% BA it's not needed and WILL cause pip. 1% is all that is needed. For some reason people believe the more BA you use the more "sterile" the brew will be.

It's the filtering that sterilises, and the BA prevents anything growing in the oil.

More BA = more pain. That's it.

Google. Steroid calculater. And don't use 3% BA it's not needed and WILL cause pip. 1% is all that is needed. For some reason people believe the more BA you use the more "sterile" the brew will be.

It's the filtering that sterilises, and the BA prevents anything growing in the oil.

More BA = more pain. That's it.

Wow, interesting info. Thanks Brendan! It looks like for each % on the bb or ba it's equivalent to one ml.

So I will use 1% BA and add more BB to make up for the recipe which I'll make it 18%BB

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up!

Oh I still have to make up for that EO except just use GSO right?

to make 100ml @ 100mg/ml 1%ba 18%bb it will be

1ml ba
18ml bb
71ml oil
10g powder

just give it a good swirl for a couple minutes when its melted. let it cool then filter. if your worried about it crashing let it cool over night and filter in the morning, with that recipe tho there should be no dramas

to make 100ml @ 100mg/ml 1%ba 18%bb it will be

1ml ba
18ml bb
71ml oil
10g powder

just give it a good swirl for a couple minutes when its melted. let it cool then filter. if your worried about it crashing let it cool over night and filter in the morning, with that recipe tho there should be no dramas

Sounds good to me, but 37.5ml + 37ml = 74.5ml where did calculate 3.5 less oil to make it 71ml?

Just for future understanding on my recipes unless you made a mistake.

Thank you Thank you.

total solution is 100ml.

100ml - 1ml for ba and 18ml for bb leaves you with 81ml minus 10ml for powder (someones posted up the powder/ml ratio for different raws but i just call it 1g powder is = to 1ml oil. works for me) so that leaves you with 71ml of oil.

im not sure what your 37.5ml + 37ml is you lost me there. i hope my explanation makes sence.

:edit: sorry i just saw your post above. your conversion was using 3%ba and 15%bb. i think 3%ba is too much. my figures were based of 1%ba and 18%bb

Last edited:
Back