Question for Nelson-ephedra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is going nowhere fast. Like so many posts, it becomes a nitpicking contest fraught with misinterpretation, misquotes and arguing over minutea.

I was going to clarify some points aboout ephedra and how it isn't worth using, but it would be going over the same issue back and forth.

Instead, lets address something that need to be addressed. I don't mean to blow my own horn and I hope it doesn' t seem like that's what I'm doing, but since I've been getting challanged a lot lately, let's get something clear.

TX is obviously confusing me with the typical internet kid who won't accept the facts. What he doesn't seem to realize is that I've built a career on challanging the status quo. For example...

I argued with Dan Duchain on some points of steroid use. He also was gracious enough and open minded enough to tell me I was right.

I was the first to write about the inneffectiveness of oral glutamine. 10 years later it's still a debate but now there is considerable evidence proving I was correct.

Speaking of ephedra, I was the first to my knowledge to say that aspirin did nothing in the ECA stack. Today many manufacturers admit the same.

I was one of the first writers to speak about the catabolic effects of aerobics. When presenting my essay to Men's Health magazine I ws told it was too radical. Today, that essay is required reading for all of their health and fitness writers.

I spoke out against androsteine and it's prepensity for conversion into estrogen. No one wanted to believe me. Today, it's common knowledge.

I was one of the first people to recognize DHT , not as the demon the media made it out to be, but an effective aid aginst gyno as well as necessity for erectile function.

I was the first person to interview Victor Conte. I immediately denounced ZMA as nothing more than zinc and magnesium and showed how his research studies were flawed. But of course he was a SCIENTIST and I was just a writer. Nevertheless, I was right. He still became a millionaire selling zinc and magnesium but at least most people now realize what a crock it is.

I was one of the first people to speak of the advantages of short cycles back in 1997 even though Bill Roberts took the idea and claimed it for himself. That original essay has been used and recommended by doctors and strength coaches and considered the standard of short cycle proticol.

I wrote the 4 minute calve article which has become the new standard in calve training. After decades of people trying to find the best way to build their calves, this method has become accepted as unparalleled in effectiveness. And it takes 4 minutes.

I developed the first ab exercise that was not a sit -up or a leg raise. It's also more effective than either.

I was the first to come out and speak of the side effects of Clomid. Until that time no one thought otherwise. Today, more and more people are recognizing the negitive side effects and choosing alternative methods of post cycle therapy (pct) and estrogen control. Jerry Brainum, one of the premier journalists in the field of bodybuilding pharmacology told me "I don't know a single pro who still uses Clomid."

I have interviewed dozens of professional bodybuilders as well some of the brightest minds in the field of nutrition, training, medicine, hormone therepy and pharmacology.

I have probably read more studies than most of the members here and have disproved many of them. I choose not to follow the concencous if the concencous is wrong. And it is -- often.

I recommended the approach of supporting the thyroid to burn fat long before I designed ZIP. I told people wher they could buy the ingredients and did not make one cent on the sales. Yet, people seem so confident in making disparaging remarks about my attempts to hype my products at the exclusion of others.

And yes, I have some issues with SWALE. I believe he is very smart but wrong on a couple of issues and I'm confident in time this will become more apparent.

And if you're still with me, let me say one more thing: I've been at this a long time. Hell, I was at Arnolds first Mr. Olympia contest at the Brookly Academy of Music in 1969. What were YOU doing in 1969 sifu?

Now all this may result in a big "I don't give a fuck." That's a typical attitude of someone who has nothing to offer but their lack of respect for others accomplishments. The bottom line is this: You may agree. You may disagee. I may not always be right. But when I say something, I am not just talking out of my ass. Instead of being so hell bent on prooving me wrong try listening a little better. Or in the least, keep an open mind.

The End

Last edited:
sifu said:
To bad I only believe about 5% of that post.

Well, it's your right to remain as ignorent as you like. That doesn't change the facts and most everything I said is documented so it's undeniable.

Why do some people have a problem believing this? Are these credentials that astounding or do they think someone with over 300 published works needs to go on a message board and lie about what they've done?

This reaction is very typical and the reason why I don't go into lenghty expalnations too often. Some people just don't get it. Some peole will never get it. Some people don't want to get it. And as my dad used to say; "You can find a cure for cancer and they'll be somebody who has a problem with it."

And as my grand daddy used to say;" Don't try to teach a pig how to sing. It's a waste of time and it annoys the pig." :)

brooklynheight said:
You forgot to say the most importan point

You are from Brooklyn

Now back to the thread

Damn straight motherfucker!

One thing about Brooklyn people -- they can see through bullshit from a mile away.

Nelson - Montana said:
I have interviewed dozens of professional bodybuilders as well some of the brightest minds in the field of nutrition, training, medicine, hormone therepy and pharmacology.
The End

I don't believe that claim, nor any of the others.

You seem to follow the successful propaganda methods of Joseph Goebbels- people will believe a big lie vs a small one. www.nelsonmontana.com- note Nelson's hyperbole in every claim he makes, over-the-top bs that he, and he alone, all 160 scrawny pounds of him, is THE authority on gear and training.
!

I argued with Dan Duchain on some points of steroid use. He also was gracious enough and open minded enough to tell me I was right.

I would like to see proof on that.

I was the first to write about the inneffectiveness of oral glutamine. 10 years later it's still a debate but now there is considerable evidence proving I was correct.

Speaking of ephedra, I was the first to my knowledge to say that aspirin did nothing in the ECA stack. Today many manufacturers admit the same.

I would like to see proof on this as well.

I was one of the first people to speak of the advantages of short cycles back in 1997 even though Bill Roberts took the idea and claimed it for himself. That original essay has been used and recommended by doctors and strength coaches and considered the standard of short cycle proticol.

That too.

I was the first to come out and speak of the side effects of Clomid. Until that time no one thought otherwise. Today, more and more people are recognizing the negitive side effects and choosing alternative methods of post cycle therapy (pct) and estrogen control. Jerry Brainum, one of the premier journalists in the field of bodybuilding pharmacology told me "I don't know a single pro who still uses Clomid."

Duh, pros don't come off.

And yes, I have some issues with SWALE. I believe he is very smart but wrong on a couple of issues and I'm confident in time this will become more apparent.

You have got to be kidding, now I am truely calling bull shit.

I has nothing to do with not giving a fuck. I just don't believe you. You are aloud to post such silliness because you are a paying sponsor. You are the laughing stock of numerous boards.

As I said, I would like to see proof on those things, because I just can't believe it.

this was a good thread between Nelson and other Vets.

if you guys dont believe Nelsons creds-leave it at that,
I hate to see this thread get locked again.

drop it sifu . im not saying your wrong or right just that this forum isnt the place for it . lets get back to ephedra and that goes for everyone

I have had enough of this fucking bickering. If you are going to dispute something, fucking dispute it with some facts, if you cannot do so, keep quiet. If you don't like what he is saying go to pubmed and find some studies at least to prove him wrong. Bash his physique, but at least make some pics of you readily availiable, who cares if he weighed 160 or 180lbs, i don't fucking care. But not agreeing makes for some interesting debate, unfortunately a lot of you cannot debate, so you are attacking him personally. Victorian Guy, lets see some pics if you want to attack the guys physique every chance you get. I am not a follower of nelson, but at least have a serious discussion. This is fucking bullshit, and i am going to start banning people i see flaming nonstop.

Seriously is no one else going to call him on his lies, just because he pays fees around here.

I will pay a fee, if I can call him on his crap and have him prove it.

Especially the Dan Duschaine point. Hell all of the others too.

jcp2 said:
I have had enough of this fucking bickering. If you are going to dispute something, fucking dispute it with some facts, if you cannot do so, keep quiet. If you don't like what he is saying go to pubmed and find some studies at least to prove him wrong. Bash his physique, but at least make some pics of you readily availiable, who cares if he weighed 160 or 180lbs, i don't fucking care. But not agreeing makes for some interesting debate, unfortunately a lot of you cannot debate, so you are attacking him personally. Victorian Guy, lets see some pics if you want to attack the guys physique every chance you get. I am not a follower of nelson, but at least have a serious discussion. This is fucking bullshit, and i am going to start banning people i see flaming nonstop.

I did not question his physique, or any vida text or pub med information. I questioned him about Dan Ducshaine and other things.

Money is a funny thing and how far it will let you go for proving a point.

sifu said:
Seriously is no one else going to call him on his lies, just because he pays fees around here.

I will pay a fee, if I can call him on his crap and have him prove it.

Especially the Dan Duschaine point. Hell all of the others too.
this is your last fuckin warning . txlonghorn called him big time in this thread but he did it without flaming and your welcome to do the same just bring facts not insults to the arguement because if you dont you are banned . if you cant argue without insults take it to the convo forum . this is your last warning

What attacks? Seriously, where. I asked for proof on the Dan Duschaine,Bill Roberts, the aspirin, and the pros using clomid. How is that an insult?

sifu said:
What attacks? Seriously, where. I asked for proof on the Dan Duschaine,Bill Roberts, the aspirin, and the pros using clomid. How is that an insult?
you used the terms lies and bullshit several times , and accused us of protecting him because hes a sponser . im tired of telling you to drop it . you are the weakest link

DADAWG said:
drop it sifu . im not saying your wrong or right just that this forum isnt the place for it . lets get back to ephedra and that goes for everyone

Shouldn't Nelson furnish proof of his claims on the anabolic board?
The guy simply sits back and reiterates how he has 'proof'....yet none to show. Someone on the anabolic board who goes around giving advice on matters they have no experience in, claiming they alone are an authority, claiming they know pros, invented products, came up with ideas FIRST, etc etc....ought to either prove they are what they project themselves to be, or be banned for fraudulent practices.

The lesson here seems to be 'don't question Nelson- at least, dont challenge him to prove his fantastic claims'.
Why? Because he can't.
This isn't flaming, it's valid objection.

Not for nothing but I really resent DADAWGA statements. You don't want sifu flaming yet you say you're not saying he's WRONG?! I think it's hilareous that this guy is given the benefit of the doubt and I 'm not.

And it's okay for Victorian guy to compare me to a NAZI?

This is bullshit, plain and simple. I would think the administration is also somewhat familiar with my credentials. I do use my own name after all.

Last edited:
Nelson Montana has indeed interviewed most of the top scientists, researchers, physicians, and pros in the bodybuilding niche...and he has uncovered a wealth of information for all of us to use to our advantage. He is also a savy, intelligent business man who knows all to well how to pitch a product...I give him kudos for that as well. He is also a smart, literate, writer who can easily "get the goat" of many lower IQ'ed gym rats that get frustrated with his bantering and quips.
I, for one, am highly entertained by Nelson, have much respect for his accomplishments, and do not take everything he writes personally...nor do I agree with everything he says. But you must give him credit where credit is due. The man has accomplished more than most, shares his opinion without fear, shares his findings for others to utilize, and is always open for a good, honest, intelligent debate. Swinging insults like a barbaric club in a dark cave makes most of you look like drooling, knuckle dragging juice-heads! You are falling into the stereotypical trap that society has placed us in.....big, dumb, muscle heads that look for a play ground fight without rhyme or reason.
As for Ephedrine...it has worked for me while on it, but I have noticed the rebound effects (added weight) upon cessation, and with a clean diet I may add...it is not for me. I do not miss Ephedrine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back