REALGAINS! 70'S Era BB Drug use revisited.

sarcoplasm

Hello Realgains,
Ive enjoyed some of the various posys/threads youve made at this and various boards so thanks for that.
My question and comment for you is that just because Viator said that high doses were the order of the day,Don't yopu think that high also means high relative to the time period? Arnold was HUGE for his TIME but today.....another story. I firmly believe that the gear use of yesteryear was far less than today and I tend to think that it was sronger than it is today (mg for mg). Now generally every bodybuilder tends to downplay the doseages used, that may never change but I don't believe the champs of yesteryear were as reckless with their use. I think they used A LITTLE more than your Elite post on the subject but not MUCH more.
As for the growth hormone use I always felt it started in the early 80's but I would be fascinated to have more data on that. I don't know if anyone used it in the 70's.
Also Viators stance on MANY topics seems to waiver back and forth. He never seems to tell the same story on his Nautilus experiences.
I look forward to hearing your comments.
Sarcoplasm

Isn't Viators the guy that said he use 10,000mg of gear a week? If it is, I say he's full of :bsflag:

JohnnyB

winning the Mr Universe at 19yrs of age .......I think he did a boatload of juice regardless of what he says.
That feat will never be accomplished again

If you think people back than took the amount of drugs used today you are crazy. Arnold weighed 238 at his biggest and he is the same height as gunther who walks on stage over 300.

jcp2 said:
If you think people back than took the amount of drugs used today you are crazy. Arnold weighed 238 at his biggest and he is the same height as gunther who walks on stage over 300.
Was this directed at me?
Look at his before and after pics....at 19 thats an unbelievable accomplishment..I never said he did doses that some of todays top pros do....
For the time frame he had to put that size on and win the universe he had to be taking some seriously high doses.
If you know who Rick Wayne is , he used to compete back in the day and was open about doses guys where using back then, himself and from what others had told him .

70w30 said:
Was this directed at me?
Look at his before and after pics....at 19 thats an unbelievable accomplishment..I never said he did doses that some of todays top pros do....
For the time frame he had to put that size on and win the universe he had to be taking some seriously high doses.
If you know who Rick Wayne is , he used to compete back in the day and was open about doses guys where using back then, himself and from what others had told him .
I am not sure what you consider a boatload, but at 19 for todays standards he is not that impressive, and that is being generous. Their are national competitors who look better than arnold did and don't run as much gear as some guys on here who probably can't bench their bodyweight.

Sorry I,m not thinking you understand what I,m getting at......he put together a serious physique within the time frame of one year.....give or take a few months
I,m not comparing him at all to the current crop of competitors national level or pro.

70w30 said:
Sorry I,m not thinking you understand what I,m getting at......he put together a serious physique within the time frame of one year.....give or take a few months
I,m not comparing him at all to the current crop of competitors national level or pro.

OH oh, i am sorry, i see what you are saying. I have no doubt arnold took gear, and it probably was a pretty good dose. Now compared to the average pro today, probably not, but he wasn't taking 500mg either. But yes, i am not sure what the timeframe was when he came to this country, but i would think he was introduced to some pretty good pharmaceuticals when he walked into golds the first time, lol.

Hey guys
how are you?
this is my 1st post
1) Arnold begun training at age of 16
2) 70s era was about DBOL (breakfast of the champions) and lower doeses than today of injectables
most of the differnce lies back in the use of Gh and insulin since the early 90s

I used to think that 70's pro's used less and I even made a post on it at Elite ....but after talking with Viator, and training with him in Florida, I have changed my mind.
Casey is a real nice bro and has a lot of integrity and I believe what he has told me.

Here are two direct quote from 70's and early 80's pro Casey Viator to me....I have saved them on my ziplip account as they are classics .

At the time I was talking with him about steroid use in the 70's and about Mike Mentzer, my mentor and his personal friend and training partner.

"Mentzer used up to 2500 mg. of Deca, a week, and God knows how much Primo acetate, along with D-Bol & Growth,
So don`t be fooled about all of our low dosages.
We were just as reckless as these guys today.
It`s a sad part of this so called sport I`d like to forget about, it`s more like chemical warfare.
You can`t stop any of these guys from doing it because the winners are abusing them also.
Just try to talk to them about a doctors supervision, That`s all you can do.
If some bad side effect pops up, a doctor can stop the usage before these guys nuts roll out of there pants.
Good Luck
Casey"

I then asked him what GH they used and when the really big doses started to become commonly used..

Here is his reply..

"Hi,
Crescormin is the Gh we all used, from real cadavers.
Nobody was going to Morgs.
Yes, the real advanced stuff came out in the mid 70`s.
and we were all on top of it." Big roid doses he means.

Now don't get me wrong bro's.... I think the pro's now use even more and also slin of course which wasn't used in the 70's.

RG :druggie:

Last edited:
superstar said:
superstar Billy Graham said he used a hundred dbol tabs a day in the 70's because they were cheap back then.

lol he took them like they were skittles or m&m's

Back