Researching MK-677 - looks like a GH replacement!

cybrsage

I have been researching MK-677 and I found two different human study groups. The first is with seniors and it was stopped short due to heart issues it could potentially cause. The second was with children and it was a smashing success. Apparently, if you are basically healthy, you have no worries about the heart issues...if you are old and frail, stay away from MK-677. As bodybuilders, I think we all fall into the first category as basically healthy (or very healthy, etc).

I have edited down the quotes to make them easier to read:

Most elderly patients admitted for hip fracture suffer functional decline. Previous studies with MK-0677 in hip fracture patients suggested possible benefits to functional recovery. This is a randomized, double-blind study of 123 elderly hip fracture patients assigned to receive 25mg/day of MK-0677 or placebo.

Primary outcomes were a rank analysis of change during the study in objective functional performance measurements and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) levels in blood. At 24-weeks, the mean stair climbing power increased by 12.5 W in the MK-0677 group compared with placebo. The MK-0677 group experienced fewer falls during the study compared to placebo. Levels of IGF-1 in treated patients increased by 51.4ng/ml performance measures. Trial was terminated early due to a safety signal of congestive heart failure in a limited number of patients.
http://www.aggjournal.com/article/S0167-4943(10)00253-0/abstract

Ibutamoren mesylate (MK-0677), an orally active nonpeptide growth hormone (GH) secretagogue, stimulates GH release through a pituitary and hypothalamic receptor that is different from the GH-releasing hormone receptor. We evaluated the safety and tolerability and the GH-insulin-like growth factor (IGF) responses to two dosages of oral ibutamoren mesylate given to children with GH deficiency for 7 to 8 days. The patients, 18 prepubertal children (15 male, 3 female) with idiopathic GH deficiency, had a chronologic age of 10 - 11 years.

The children were assigned as follows to one of three treatment groups with ibutamoren mesylate: 0.2 mg/kg per day for 7 days (days 1-7 or 8-14) and matching placebo for the alternate 7 days (groups I and II, respectively) or 0.8 mg/kg per day for 7 days (days 8-14, group III). On day 15 all patients received an 0.8-mg/kg dose of ibutamoren mesylate. Patients in groups I and II were studied first to assess safety at the low dose before advancement to the high dose. Hormonal profiles were evaluated on day -1 (baseline) and day 15, and the results were expressed as the change from baseline within each group.

After administration of ibutamoren mesylate 0.8 mg/kg for 8 days (group III), the median increases (on day 15) from baseline were as follows: 3.8 microg/L for serum GH peak concentration , 12 microg/L for serum IGF-I, and 0.4 microg/L for serum IGF-binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3). There was no change in serum prolactin, glucose, triiodothyronine, thyroxine, thyrotropin, peak serum cortisol, and insulin concentrations or 24-hour urinary free cortisol after administration of 0.8 mg/kg per day of ibutamoren mesylate for 8 days. We conclude that short-term administration of ibutamoren mesylate can increase GH, IGF-I, and IGFBP-3 levels in some children with GH deficiency.
Effects of oral administration of ibutamoren mesylate, a nonpeptide growth hormone secretagogue, on the growth hormone-insulin-like growth factor I... - PubMed - NCBI

I read those same studies a long time ago. I can't remember exactly how much faster the elderly patients healed over the plecebo group but it was like 9 months are so. There was absolutely no way of doubting the mk was responsible for a massive improvement in the patients that recieved it.

Another thing I'd like to throw out here is Mk doesn't work like the popular injectable peptides, while peptides force or trick your body into a large gh pulse Mk doesn't alter your natural pulsing times. Mk makes your body produce bigger pulses, it doesn't force your body to pulse more often.

I'd really like to try cjc 1295 with dac in conjunction with MK

Cjc 1295 with dac is often overlooked by bodybuilders because it causes a slow steady release of gh into the system. Bodybuilders usually prefer the no dac version of Cjc because it causes one large pulse and gives them the choice of when to administer it, post workout or before bed usually.

This combo interest me because although Mk causes a constant elevated level of gh when the body senses a elevated level of igf it quits pulsing as often causing Mk to peak out in strength 1-2 weeks in with every day usage. So i interested in staking Mk which causes a constant production of gh with cjc dac which causes a constant release of gh. Even with elevated igf levels the cjc dac isn't going to give the body a choice on whether or not it is releasing gh.

I hope I explained this well. When it starts to get cold I'm adding this stack to my bulk. Hoping it'll keep me lean and add some quality mass.

Those are some serious increases in GH output. Stacking this with an injectable peptide could yield amazing results!

I was always so leary of any oral GH inducing products but this is one I have recently been looking into bit. Hard to get past that stigma of "there are no effective oral GH secretagogues" but this one has me considering the possibility.

The thing I keep in mind is that big pharma wants to patent everything they can get their hands on. Since they cannot patent what the body naturally creates, they decided to create designer drugs that CAN be patented, which means huge profits. Anyone can make HGH, but if MK-677 is approved, only Merck is legally allowed to sell it in the US (once it is approved, since it is their patent) for 7 years.

Here is another study about its effects on Alzheimer's. They found it did not help at all, but this is also what they found:

Background: In animals, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) increases clearance of ***946;-amyloid, a pathologic hallmark of Alzheimer disease (AD), from the CNS. Serum IGF-1 level decreases with age, and shows a further decrease in AD. We examined whether the growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 (ibutamoren mesylate), a potent inducer of IGF-1 secretion, slows the rate of progression of symptoms in patients with AD.

Results: A total of 416 patients completed treatment and assessments at 12 months. Administration of MK-677 25 mg resulted in a 60.1% increase in serum IGF-1 levels at 6 weeks and a 72.9% increase at 12 months. In mixed-effects models that included treatment, time (month), randomization strata (baseline MMSE score ***8804;20 vs >20), and interaction of treatment-by-time, there were no significant differences between the treatment groups on the CIBIC-plus or the mean change from baseline scores on the ADAS-Cog, ADCS-ADL, or CDR-sob scores over 12 months.
Growth hormone secretagogue MK-677

The thing I keep in mind is that big pharma wants to patent everything they can get their hands on. Since they cannot patent what the body naturally creates, they decided to create designer drugs that CAN be patented, which means huge profits. Anyone can make HGH, but if MK-677 is approved, only Merck is legally allowed to sell it in the US (once it is approved, since it is their patent) for 7 years.

Here is another study about its effects on Alzheimer's. They found it did not help at all, but this is also what they found:

Growth hormone secretagogue MK-677

Very good read bro.

Back