Seeing Urologist soon, and need your opinion (blood work results included)

blunt_waco

Hi all,
My first post so please bare with me and pardon my ignorance. I have been struggling with low energy, lack of confidence, and low sex drive for 10 years and finally decided to see a urologist. I'm 42 year old male living in Canada.

Here are my blood work results:

Oct 15 2016
Follicle Stimulating Hormone [FSH] 2.1 1.3-19.3 IU/L
Luteinizing Hormone [LH] 2.1 1.2-8.6 IU/L
Estradiol 83 0-172 pmol/L
Testosterone 7.9 6.0-27.0 nmol/L
Testosterone Free 217 196-636 pmol/L
Thyroxine Free [Free T4] 14.9 7.2-21.0 pmol/L

Oct 08 2016 18:55
Cortisol Random Serum 213 nmol/L
Cortisol Reference Intervals:
AM (6-10 AM) 185 - 624 nmol/L
PM (3-11 PM) <280 nmol/L
Estradiol <73 0-172 pmol/L
Dehydroepiandrosterone [DHEA-S] 5.1 0.05-14.0 umol/L
Testosterone 9.2 6.0-27.0 nmol/L
Testosterone Free 235 196-636 pmol/L

Feb 16 2016 11:59
Testosterone Free 227 196-636 pmol/L
Interpret free testosterone results with caution
in presence of significant hypoalbuminemia.

Zinc 13.1 umol/L
Reference Range:
===============
Normal/Non-Exposed: 8.7 - 19.1 umol/L
Exposed (BEI): Not Available

By the way, I was diagnosed with varicocele in my left tests. I'm going to ask the urologist to remove it. I'm thinking it has probably caused atrophy.

Is my issue primary or secondary?

I have researched this subject and found out that some opt for TRT and some for clomid (if you want children).
Please share your thoughts, would TRT shut down natural production even though testosterone is within normal range? do I need PCT and hCG with both TRT and Clomid? What should I watch for when I see the urologist?

Thank you....

i hear they are a bit more strict in canada.. it might be the case that your urologist will deny trt just because you are in range.. barely..

I have researched this subject and found out that some opt for TRT and some for clomid (if you want children).
Please share your thoughts, would TRT shut down natural production even though testosterone is within normal range? do I need PCT and hCG with both TRT and Clomid? What should I watch for when I see the urologist?

Thank you....

TRT , exogenous test is going to completely shut down your natty production . if you go that route it is a long term commitment to the needle and injecting for the rest of your life (more then likely).

why did you get test levels checked in the first place ? were you having very bad low testosterone symptoms ?

Hi all, I have been on clomiphene for almost a month now. I was prescribed 25mg a day. I feet better (more energy, confidence). See my blood work results attached.

View attachment 566225

1. Would my testosterone keep increasing?
2. Should i increase my clomiphene daily dose?
3. I was told that high Ferritin impedes natural testosterone, is this true? how to lower Ferritin?
4. Should i take medication to lower my estradiol? do you think it's high?

Thank you...

Back