Some dude had a stroke and died at my gym today...was active gear user

this goes back to steroid use 101..

if you are going to use the drug.. you have to know the sides that come with it...

for example.. high bp runs in my family... but even on HRT my blood pressure is always in check.. why? because i share everything i do with my doc... he looks at my lipids, my cbc, and my metabolic panel bi monthly..

i make it a point to take preventative measures so that i dont end up being that stupid statistic...

that's why fat people shouldn't cycle

thats why people with no knowledge about steroids shouldn't cycle

thats why the young shouldn't cycle

this isn't a game... this isn't a band wagon you can easily hop on and off without consequence... as if you turned into a seahawks fan after the superbowl..

the use of steroids means a whole lifestyle change.. it means your own personal set of checks and balances...

dont think its easy

Whether AAS was or wasnt the cause of his stroke, the assumption that it was is a bold assumption at best. There are 1000 things that COULD have been the cause of the stroke, jumping to the conclusion and making the correlation between AAS and his stroke without knowing all other details is a stretch.

Look how many "healthy" athletes all of a sudden have strokes and die, they can be 14 or 25, sometimes things are just going to happen

Whether AAS was or wasnt the cause of his stroke, the assumption that it was is a bold assumption at best. There are 1000 things that COULD have been the cause of the stroke, jumping to the conclusion and making the correlation between AAS and his stroke without knowing all other details is a stretch.

Look how many "healthy" athletes all of a sudden have strokes and die, they can be 14 or 25, sometimes things are just going to happen

Yeah agreed. Don't get me wrong, I was merely stating in my previous posts the risks that AAS abuse without bloodwork can bring along with it, ie increased risk for stroke/cardiovascular events. I've asked heavy juicers if they donate blood before, I just get a wierd look like "What the fuck?"... Ignorance isn't bliss, it's silent killer.

Yeah agreed. Don't get me wrong, I was merely stating in my previous posts the risks that AAS abuse without bloodwork can bring along with it, ie increased risk for stroke/cardiovascular events. I've asked heavy juicers if they donate blood before, I just get a wierd look like "What the fuck?"... Ignorance isn't bliss, it's silent killer.
For sure, that wasn't directed at you by any means. You had an awesome post and I agree on all your points. Was merely just saying for people to not jump to conclusions that may or may not have any basis

Yep, conclusions should never be jumped too in any case until the facts have been found. Not that we really will find out the cause, very much doubt OP is going to find out the report of reason on death about this poor bloke anyway.

There is some amazing info in this thread. I'm relatively new to AAS but one thing I remember is the feeling I had when going to my doctor the 1st time and telling him I was using and wanting blood tests. I felt like I was going to walk out and straight to jail but its not the case at all. Its a small thing but it really made it difficult for me to do it properly bc I was scared of anyone knowing.

Maybe I'm the only one this has happened to but thought I'd share so maybe someone else will include their doc in this process.

I think it is a doctors duty to monitor/request blood tests if someone walks in saying they are on AAS and want to see where they are at. I know docs can vary, some will be very accepting towards it and you won't have any problems, some may get a bit iffy with you but I don't think they are allowed to deny blood tests if you are an AAS user. I could be wrong though.

I mean, say you were a heavy AAS user and you were to go see a doc and request blood tests for the usual things hormones/HCT etc, openly told him/her everything and they denied you a blood test and 2 weeks later you drop dead and it is deemed to be heart failure and your Haematocrit was jacked up way, way high... Well, I wonder if that would be deemed down to your own responsibility for using AAS or if the doctor is now playing a responsibility because they denied you to check your own bodies health which in turn may have saved your life. Of course, quite an over the top example but never the less quite possible.

Last edited:
I get regular bloodwork done and all my levels are at least close to ok my one level that is terrible is my good cholesterol it's 16 .

my first post funny i never thought id be in the frame of mind I've been in lately ; I've running 600mg test and 400 eq weekly for 11 months my cycle history is long nothing crazy never did pct and for years i cruised on 250mg sue a week . I've been getting weird aches the last month in muscles out of the blue i know are not training related not joints or tendons its hard to explain after my usual crazy high rep squat day i was sore etc 4 days later my calf has numb shooting pain i was limping then a day later it spreads to my inner thigh visually i look fine this may sound like bs but i know my body and its not training related I'm going to get bloodworm asap I'm in panic mode due to its such a strange thing and my friends think maybe a blood clot or a sign my heart is messed up it feels like my calf was stabbed its numb and inner thigh is same I'm gonna donate blood also and stop the eq

my first post funny i never thought id be in the frame of mind I've been in lately ; I've running 600mg test and 400 eq weekly for 11 months my cycle history is long nothing crazy never did pct and for years i cruised on 250mg sue a week . I've been getting weird aches the last month in muscles out of the blue i know are not training related not joints or tendons its hard to explain after my usual crazy high rep squat day i was sore etc 4 days later my calf has numb shooting pain i was limping then a day later it spreads to my inner thigh visually i look fine this may sound like bs but i know my body and its not training related I'm going to get bloodworm asap I'm in panic mode due to its such a strange thing and my friends think maybe a blood clot or a sign my heart is messed up it feels like my calf was stabbed its numb and inner thigh is same I'm gonna donate blood also and stop the eq

I would definitely go get bloodwork ASAP, post it up here (make a new thread) I know myself and others would be curious to see where you are at, in particular Haematocrit which you can expect to be quite high.

Back off on the squats...you're pinching the nerves in your back...better be very very careful..you will find yourself flat of your stomach recovering.You're having shooting pains all the way down to the calf and inner thigh.This is a warning,,,back off on the squats.

The Hemocrit level I think its not suppose to go over 50.I think 50 is the number.Most are around 30's

Last edited:
hey thank you for replying i just got on here a few min ago duke my question is after the session i felt fine no aches it was a few days later but my low back is a little achy in a unfamiliar way i think though you may be right let me detail the session 225 for 25 265 for 3 sets of 15 225 for 2 sets of 20 then ham curls btw my calf and behind knee area worse today I'm limping like i tore something but my leg looks fine i tore my other legs ham a year ago and this actually feels worse

hey thank you for replying i just got on here a few min ago duke my question is after the session i felt fine no aches it was a few days later but my low back is a little achy in a unfamiliar way i think though you may be right let me detail the session 225 for 25 265 for 3 sets of 15 225 for 2 sets of 20 then ham curls btw my calf and behind knee area worse today I'm limping like i tore something but my leg looks fine i tore my other legs ham a year ago and this actually feels worse

Have you organised a blood test yet? If not, what are you doing on here?

I'm going to get bloods done next week I'm feeling really ignorant because i was in the hospital 2 months a go and had all my stuff done everything was fine except high red blood cell count which i had to ask about i should have kept the paper also i was on creatine and the dr said they wanted me to see another dr due to renal insufficiency now this is gonna sound funny but i told the dr i was on juice and is that the cause she asked if i did protein drinks and creatine i said yea with a puzzled look , she said its not the juice the high amount of protein drinks and creatine is the cause

yes staunch I'm on the case but like i just posted i already know my rbc is high so now what I've been off eq over a week I'm not a newby but fuck I've never thought of eq as a dangerous steroid

EQ is quite a long ester so it will take some time to clear out remember, it's not a dangerous steroid per se it's quite mild actually, the only bad thing about it is that it does quite a good job at jacking up your RBC.

I'm going to sleep the more i think about it the last couple weeks my lower back has been tight from work and i probably had a pinched nerve or something that the squats brought out i just felt fine after the session back wise and yea sore but normal sore what am i looking at duke or staunch if you can answer this in terms of a layoff I'm gonna schedule a chiropractor visit too i live for squats any advice i appreciate i will respond tomorrow thank you !

General....Most back injuries are not felt but the next day.I think age may have something to do with it..even Ronnie Coleman threw his back out and had to get surgery.I think the warning signs are there.Just be careful...when you're getting your bloods..ask questions about the back and can it show up a few days later after training.Shooting pains to your calf muscle is a major warning and inside the thighs is one too.
I just got back from the doctor 4 days ago about a pinched nerve in my back,,,that didn't show up but 36 hours later when i took a hot shower and got this god awful cramp that I had to show up at the hospital and was given Valium and hydrocodine.

The doctor asked me if i had pains inside my legs and any tingling toes and lost of bladder control.I said no but just the cramp in the middle back waking me up at night.I looked at pinched nerves treatment online and you are showing the same symptoms for a pinched nerve.

well I'm done with eq I'm sticking to test and I'm gonna lower that i look big I'm 5ft 8 203 11% for the amount of gear i take i think I'm ahead of a lot of guys taking way more i really feel i don't need to take a lot i can't believe the amounts guys use on here and say they got 17 in arms lol but i do train too hard sometimes and need to learn to back off so I'm not the position I'm in with me its easier said then done

General...you aggressive you..lol ....GMTA....I got to back off myself too.I would now need to do back exercises to keep up with the rest of the body.

Back