Sumo Wrestlers, diet and anabolics?

synonymous

Living in Japan, I'm usually the biggest and tallest in the room. But standing next to pro and up and coming Sumo wrestlers, I'm small. These guys carry a lot of fat but underneath there's plenty of LBM.

Over the years I've seen some of the top guys retire, disappear from public and then 6 months later appear on different variety programs. They have usually lost more than half their weight. TRT isn't big in Japan but I would imagine that these guys adding Test to their weightloss protocol would have them looking much better. Is there any reason to think otherwise?

They look like a skinny person with a massive skeletal fram but not a lot of LBM. When they explain their weightloss it's almost always the same. Dramatic calorie deficit and long distance walking. The calorie deficit is huge but for most it's a welcome change. Still, would these guys benefit from a cutting cycle?

Living in Japan, I'm usually the biggest and tallest in the room. But standing next to pro and up and coming Sumo wrestlers, I'm small. These guys carry a lot of fat but underneath there's plenty of LBM.

Over the years I've seen some of the top guys retire, disappear from public and then 6 months later appear on different variety programs. They have usually lost more than half their weight. TRT isn't big in Japan but I would imagine that these guys adding Test to their weightloss protocol would have them looking much better. Is there any reason to think otherwise?

They look like a skinny person with a massive skeletal fram but not a lot of LBM. When they explain their weightloss it's almost always the same. Dramatic calorie deficit and long distance walking. The calorie deficit is huge but for most it's a welcome change. Still, would these guys benefit from a cutting cycle?

good question brother, but unfortunately I can't help you and I don't think sumo wrestlers are very well known around here.I could be wrong about that, but I've never seen a topic based on it. sorry.

I figured I'd ask, see what people thought. I don't think muscle preservation was their goal after retiring, but I'd be interested in seeing what would happen.

I remember reading something about their diets. They train for several hours and then they binge eat and go to sleep.srs lol

Edit: read the OP wrong. Thought u meant bulking

What about taking an obese individual from the U.S and placing him (Male) on a diet and Test E protocol/cycle. Would that fall into the same category (Or similar enough)? What are the ups and downs of someone doing this? Sumo wrestlers are trained athletes so they have the will power to stick to diet and programs. Assuming an obese individual had the same will power, would he see any benefits that would outweigh the risks, or are there risks that outweigh the benefits?

What about taking an obese individual from the U.S and placing him (Male) on a diet and Test E protocol/cycle. Would that fall into the same category (Or similar enough)? What are the ups and downs of someone doing this? Sumo wrestlers are trained athletes so they have the will power to stick to diet and programs. Assuming an obese individual had the same will power, would he see any benefits that would outweigh the risks, or are there risks that outweigh the benefits?

Is he or she hypogonadal? If not his or her testosterone levels should be fine.

I was thinking he, not she.

Isn't there a link between obesity and low testosterone? Sometimes I wonder what the blood work on these big guys are.

the very high bodyfat of a sumo wrestler will make testosterone use dangerous.. lol.. high bp comes to mind.. high estrogen..

they likely got "skinny fat" because they drastically reduced their 10k+ calories a day while competing

I saw sokething once when you all were not born...cept for you Harnold lol...

Seemed they trained...yes
Got massages and all that

But the majority of they re day was FEEDING.....I mean gorging rice fish...all day every day....

Back