Tamoxifen for natural test elevation

Jean Claude

There was an interesting post on here comparing the effects of tamoxifen and clomid post cycle. The bottom line was that tamoxifen was better at elevating natural testosterone levels.

I've searched the web and cannot find any evidence that long term use of this substance is dangerous.

My question is,

For an older person (I'm 45) who's natural testosterone levels are dropping. Would a daily dose of 20mg Tamoxifen elevate T levels back to those of a youger man.. on a continual basis. That is, would continious application cause any side effects or down regulation of the receptors or natural test production.

Comparing the cost of Tamoxifen to Tribulus, Tamoxifen is much cheaper and works out at around 30 Euros a month.

This would certainly be an affordable price to pay for continious increased natural T levels.

many thanks for your feedback.

i love your signature so ill bump your question , i dont know the answer and im not sure of the effect on health for long term usage so ill leave that part to the docs and research gurus

i know anastrozole will slighty increase test levels. but anti e's fuck with your lipid profiles, so they may not be the greatest for long term use.

Jean Claude said:
There was an interesting post on here comparing the effects of tamoxifen and clomid post cycle. The bottom line was that tamoxifen was better at elevating natural testosterone levels.

I've searched the web and cannot find any evidence that long term use of this substance is dangerous.

My question is,

For an older person (I'm 45) who's natural testosterone levels are dropping. Would a daily dose of 20mg Tamoxifen elevate T levels back to those of a youger man.. on a continual basis. That is, would continious application cause any side effects or down regulation of the receptors or natural test production.

Comparing the cost of Tamoxifen to Tribulus, Tamoxifen is much cheaper and works out at around 30 Euros a month.

This would certainly be an affordable price to pay for continious increased natural T levels.

many thanks for your feedback.

If you're reffering to this study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=640052&dopt=Abstract

It doesn't really prove that tamox is better, actually 150 mg of Clomid was slightly better than 20 mg of tamox in increasing LH/Test throughout the whole study, so even if it slightly decreases pituitary response to LHRH that's not really relevant.

Elevated LH/test can be sustained for long time periods, some Clomid studies have lasted >10 months.

As for the tribulus, I have never seen any evidence that it increases test.

Effects of anabolic precursors on serum testosterone concentrations and adaptations to resistance training in young men.

Brown GA, Vukovich MD, Reifenrath TA, Uhl NL, Parsons KA, Sharp RL, King DS.

Exercise Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Health and Human Performance, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA.

The effects of androgen precursors, combined with herbal extracts designed to enhance testosterone formation and reduce conversion of androgens to estrogens was studied in young men. Subjects performed 3 days of resistance training per week for 8 weeks. Each day during Weeks 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, and 8, subjects consumed either placebo (PL; n = 10) or a supplement (ANDRO-6; n = 10), which contained daily doses of 300 mg androstenedione, 150 mg DHEA, 750 mg Tribulus terrestris, 625 mg Chrysin, 300 mg Indole-3-carbinol, and 540 mg Saw palmetto. Serum androstenedione concentrations were higher in ANDRO-6 after 2, 5, and 8 weeks (p <.05), while serum concentrations of free and total testosterone were unchanged in both groups. Serum estradiol was elevated at Weeks 2, 5, and 8 in ANDRO-6 (p <.05), and serum estrone was elevated at Weeks 5 and 8 (p <.05). Muscle strength increased (p <.05) similarly from Weeks 0 to 4, and again from Weeks 4 to 8 in both treatment groups. The acute effect of one third of the daily dose of ANDRO-6 and PL was studied in 10 men (23 +/- 4 years). Serum androstenedione concentrations were elevated (p <.05) in ANDRO-6 from 150 to 360 min after ingestion, while serum free or total testosterone concentrations were unchanged. These data provide evidence that the addition of these herbal extracts to androstenedione does not result in increased serum testosterone concentrations, reduce the estrogenic effect of androstenedione, and does not augment the adaptations to resistance training.

Back