Tennis elbow

nerdalert

so I have been dealing with forearm and elbow pain for the last 2 months or so. I have tried massage, stretching, and p/t. I couldn't take it anymore and went and got a cortisone shot today. How many of you guys have gone this route??

I was given 2 options #1 cortizone shot #2 p/t ,I went with the shot 3 days later, I was fine and able to use my arm again with no pain temporarily 6 months later the pain came back, ever since then I do my P/T pain goes away then same process with P/T on and off you could be stock with it for the rest of your life, or you could be lucky and with the P/T recover completely and be free from tennis elbow.

iv been dealing with it for 4 months now.. my job includes heavy lifting...

i was on light duty for the last four months.. couldn't train.. couldn't do shit.. it still hasn't completely healed.. iv opted out of the cortizone shot.. did alotta pt... lots of icing it down.. its still bugging me here and there

I have been doing everything that I have been told to do and nothing has worked so far. The cortisone shot was just the next thing to try, I really hope that it works. So far not so good. It is affecting my quality of life I can't even tie my shoes without it hurting.

I am having the same issue and what sucks is there is really no cure, every good doctor says NO to a cortisone shot as all it's doing is masking the issue. They say ibuprofen, rest, ice. Getting old SUCKS

ive been having the same thing for the last couple wks. sucks not being able to workout. the only thing i can do is my legs that dont effect it. about a hr after doing anything i can even straighten my arm all the way it hurts so bad.

I have been doing everything that I have been told to do and nothing has worked so far. The cortisone shot was just the next thing to try, I really hope that it works. So far not so good. It is affecting my quality of life I can't even tie my shoes without it hurting.

I'd def go to a sports spe. and have them do an xray on it.I had the same issue and it turned out to be a elbow facture at the tip of my elbow how I did it though is beyond me but I had to take time off and let it heal.it still bugs me a year later at times but isn't to the point where it hurts my lifts he might give you naproxen but that stuff made me sick so he gave me celebrex which is the shit.

Will elbow wraps help this at all?

I have the same problem.

I tried all different kinds of wraps and bands and they really didn't do anything. My Dr. did give me Naproxen(?) to see if that helps. I will try that for a week or two and then I will have to get an xray or mri...
I agree getting old sucks.

200mg/week of Decadurabolin in the shoulder for 4 weeks will do miracles. ;) Also get some MSM [dietary supplement from Solaray 2cps/day]. ;)

I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised at how well the combo of the cortisone shot and naproxen are working so far. I hope it keeps up this way.

Back