Testosterone Enanthate only cycle - 1st in 14 years of training on/off

What was the average body weight gain on 1st cycle? [All AAS are qualified for poll]

• 10-19 pounds

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • 20-24 pounds

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • 25-29 pounds

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • 30-34 pounds

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 35-39 pounds

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 40-44l pounds

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
Ankle & lower leg swelling as noted in log above = minor to intermediate case of edema.

To reduce water retention took 2 10mg Nolvadex.

Water retention is not extreme nor the swelling, in fact it is getting better -- starting from the front of the feet. I am starting to see the veins in the feet. Nevertheless, deep indents are notable especially after taking off socks on the lower legs, and swollen ankles.

Furthermore, a few minutes of walking causing severe pain/tightness on lateral sides of lower leg (especially right), where i have to stop after 1-2 minute intervals. Last time a similar case of swelling occurred the first 2nd or 3rd week on Enanthate, it got better w/in a 3-5 days. Didn't take Nolvadex then. With Cypionate change seems like starting a cycle all over.

BW this afternoon 245-246lb
(w/ clothes - no shoes)

Only other time Nolvadex has been used for 4 or 5 days was on Dec 26, 2011, when i saw early signs of gyno.

Reading up on edema and asking questions in anabolic section. Arimidex seems better option.

Last edited:
24th shot left glute completed (Cyp-2nd)

24th IMI shot (left glute) was due yesterday on 4th day interval. In this instance, i extended it 1 day due to several factors.

1] wanted to due blood test today Thursday (Done!). Plus wanted somewhat lower test levels to show up on tests, if that is possible.:worried:

2] Reduce fluid build up/swelling in lower body since the first cyp shot Sunday morning, by extending days in between shots.:sadwavey:

3] Extreme painful cramping yesterday during legs/chest workout & doing minor tasks all over the body from neck to shoulders/chest & hamstrings.

Shot due tonight, 6th instance of 5th day interval.

Friday March 4, 2011 (1:55am) 24the shot left glute completed.

Changed needles no problems. Pulled w/ 22g 1.5" and injected w/ 22g 1.5". A few drips of blood post pullout. No problems.

Minor pain today in spot of injection. Seems like starting a fresh cycle again for several reasons.:smoker: Had this pain the first 6-8 shots on T-Enanthate, then it subsided and disappeared.

Went in this afternoon for blood test. Results should be in a day or two.

Approximately 3/4" to the left of the vein (marked) where nurse pulled the blood from on the right arm, their is a 1" long by 3/4" bruise (lightish-dark red). It is moderately painful to the touch.

This is the first time i ever got a bruise of any kind on the body, let alone from a minor blood test. Had 1 blood test in early Feb 8, 2011 while on Test - no problems then. Since that blood test ONLY difference is the addition of
20mg Anavar ED.

Does the blood not coagulate properly when on testosterone?

Last edited:
Fri March 4, 2011
Trained Back/Tri's

30-35m cardio on bike & elliptical machine to reduce bloat in lower legs/ankles. It helped reduce it to a very comfortable level by Sat afternoon. No problems walking around for hours then performing various physical tasks.

The workout theme was squeezing the water out w/ strict strict form, :dance2: with higher repetitions and sets.

Back
Close grip cable pull-downs
5*80-180lb*10-15 reps

Wide grip cable rows
5sets*80-150lb * 8-12 reps

Machine close grip pulls
4*120-130lb*8-12 reps

Tri's
EZ curl bar push-downs
5*50-100lb*8-15 reps

Overhead V bar push's
4*55-75lb*12-15 reps

Reverse grip ez curl push-downs
4*35-55lb*10-15

Dips (Sitting Machine)
4*70-130lb *12-15 reps

Felt great after this workout. The pressure in the head was reduced significantly with focus on cardio, high set/reps workout, and steam sauna, i noted. Earlier in the day, i thought i was gonna pop. :wink2:

No abs

Anomalies
Felt like i had a mild flu w/ cypionate until Friday. The water retention in the feet, and face (others have noted, i didn't), felt like pressure in the head especially during Friday. Took Nolvadex Friday afternoon, not sure if that aided in the reduction of water (likely not). Also took caffeine Fri/Sat to reduce bloat, in the most natural way i can.

The Anavar has significantly reduced the pain in the shoulder/elbow joints. I started noticing the reduction in pain this past Monday, when i did heavy chest. Normally, i am nearly paralyzed with pain after a few exercises feeling it for days after (lower back pain/pumps still persistent), repeatedly the last 6-7 weeks. Because of the reduction in pain, i have broken my plateau in Bench press this past week.

Multiple times in my teens and early 20s i have been exposed to blunt trauma injuries all over the body. I can still feel them till now. Test has and is aiding in recovery capacity greatly from torn tendons, to broken muscles, & muscle contraction ability. In my first few weeks, i noted in one of the logs how i started to get the contraction back in the bicep. I could not contract it properly or at all for nearly the last decade (not even on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) in 2005). Also test is helping in reducing the knee pain, which had direct trauma on the patella causing severe trauma and torn tendon. For those who like to spin the negative story on AAS, primarily the mass media :flipoff:. We would not hear all these positive effects that come with it. Yes, there are minor side effects i.e. acne, water retention, even minor gyno once, these are greatly offset by the benefits that can be had w/ the administration of just Test. Done w/ due care every side effect can be controlled or/and mitigated.

BTW during cardio Friday - i was not sweating at all (& workout) - this is not normal. It is usually raining and pouring w/ moderate effort. The lack of perspiration may give an indication of how much water retention i had, since i switched up from enanthate to cypionate only 1 week ago (Feb 27, 2011). Gained nearly 10lb 6 days. Was shooting near 246lb by yesterday afternoon (w/ clothes). Before that i had reached 242lb by week 6, and it stayed 235-241 range until i changed to cypionate. Receptors virgin to cypionate ester all over? Hence, the reason i was suggesting feels like i am starting cycle all over again.

Last edited:
As I sit and write updates on thread -- watching American Chopper. Some interesting observations on Paul Senior this season can be made. The man was in great shape in prior seasons. Type of guns that anyone would kill to have. Lately he has really deflated. Been noticing he has been getting smaller by the episode. Has he run out of HGH/Test?:angel2: or Health problems causing him to move on?

In 15th week on Test as of March 3, 2011

Sat March 6, 2011
Trained Shoulders

A few hours prior took
1 325mg Aspirin
1 8mg Ephedrine HCL
1 Caffeine 200mg

No cardio

Had a great workout Saturday. I was able to push for 2 hours + no problem for a hardcore-high intensity workout w/out the elbow/shoulder joints getting shot. Towards the end started getting some serious pumps/pain in lower back - picked up a few tricks to relieve that quickly. It helps!

Full Cleans & Clean and Presses (took 30-40m to complete)
3 * 135lb * 8-10 reps
1*155lb*8 reps
4*185lb *4-5 reps
3*205lb * 1 1 1 rep each followed by 2 cleans only. 1 set failed.
For all sets, alternated w/ 1 set of just cleans (off the floor to shoulder). For the other full clean and presses (for max # of reps) followed by a few cleans if i could.

Behind the neck shoulder press
2*135*10-12 reps
2*155lb * 8-10 reps
A little pain in left shoulder, as it is pronated back - so took it easy.

Front raises
1*50lb *7 reps each
1*45* 8
2*40lb * 10 10 reps

Lateral raises
1*45lb *7 reps
1* 40lb *8
2*35lb *10-12 reps

Behind the neck barbell shrugs (supersetted w/ bent over dumbbell rear delts)
2*205*8-12
2*225lb *8-12 reps

Rear delts
1*35lb*12
2*40lb *8-10
1*45lb*9 reps

Barbell Shrugs
1*205lb * 15
2*295* 10-12 reps
2*385lb *6-8 reps

Finished up w/
Upright rows
3*135lb *10 10 10 reps

No abs

Anomalies
Dramatic reduction in bloat from Friday night to Saturday night. This helped w/ reduction in pressure in head and general movement - no fatigue or/and tightness on side of legs w/ many hours of activity. Just the outside of the ankles (where bone is) still swollen, but at a much reduced rate today (Sunday).

Since Anavar has kicked in full throttle after about 2 weeks starting this past Monday, a dramatic reduction in joint pain is observed. Primarily due to increased collagen synthesis. The pain in the shoulders is usually unbearable by end of the shoulder workout each week - Saturday felt nothing other than lower back pumps/pain becoming a little untolerable following shrugs. Normally into the following day, the sharp shoulder pain lasts. As i log this nearly 24 later, some minor pain from time to time, that is fairly typical.

No other reportable side effects

Got call from doctor's office Saturday, to do follow up to blood test (completed Thursday March 3) for Tuesday March 8.

Last edited:
Blood test results

Got call from doctor's office Saturday, to do follow up to blood test (completed Thursday March 3) for Tuesday March 8.

Followed up on March 8, 2011. Doctor said "your a mess" :sadwavey:. I requested Synthroid, he said see the Endocrinologist first, awaiting appointment for April 6, 2011.

See if i can upload the blood test results, to see what some of you think. I have blood test results from a few months before cycle was commenced, to give a comparative analysis of what Test does then Test and Anavar together. Anavar has put me outside the normal threshold. With Test alone i was w/in the normal deviation.

Last edited:
See attached blood test reports

Followed up on March 8, 2011. Doctor said "your a mess" :sadwavey:. I requested Synthroid, he said see the Endocrinologist first, awaiting appointment for April 6, 2011.

See if i can upload the blood test results, to see what some of you think. I have blood test results from a few months before cycle was commenced, to give a comparative analysis of what Test does then Test and Anavar together. Anavar has put me outside the normal threshold. With Test alone i was w/in the normal deviation.

Missing one bloodtest report from late Nov 2010 (went in Dec 3 or 4, 2010 for follow up). I think it was completed a day before or after T/E was started. Will post that once i pick the copy up.

The latest reported free test levels from March 2010 freaked the doctor out with the high levels in free test, since i had told doc in previous visit about Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) in 2005/2006 (and my plan to continue it myself). Nevertheless, he expected my free test #'s to be lower for proper assessment. In this latest visit (March 8), i did mention weekly IMI injections at 250mg Test every 4-5 days.

Please feel free to comment.

Last edited:
25th shot right glute

Due to complications stopping Test Cypionate after 3 shots. Unexpected reactions re-occurring.

This was my last shot completed on Test cypionate
March 9, 2011 (1:40am)
7th instance of 5th day shot due to pain/spasms/allergic reaction to T/C. This may explain the sudden 10lb weight gain in 6 days. Problems are ongoing, for that reason discontinuing.

Tues March 8, 2011 Trained
Legs/Chest

No ECA stack prior to workout

No cardio

CHEST

Incline Bench Press
2sets*185lb*10 easy
2*205*8-10
1*225lb *5 +1 assisted (plateaued on this for weeks--rightfully so, complication after complication is seen)

Btw between doing sets Incline bench press, was warming with cross circuit approach i.e. curls, leg presses, flat bench. Merely by doing 1 set of 10 reps w/ 55lb on EZ Curl Bar triggered left elbow and shoulder pain. Forgot one of my own golden rules to not touch bi exercises let alone warm up, till end or avoid it altogether.

Decline bench Press
2*185lb*12-15 reps
2*235lb*8 & 7 reps - left arm feeling numb - had to cut it short

Flat bench dumbbell presses
4*70lb*10-12

Cable Fly's
3*90-110lb*10-12 reps

Machine dips
4*4 45lb plates *8-12

LEGS
Leg press (metal to metal touching)
a few warm ups moving up by 4 45s - started counting at 6 45lb plates each side
2*12 45s + 2 25lb plate *10 reps
3* 14 45s + 2 25lb * 6 7 & 9 reps

Leg extension
4*190lb-230lb * 8-12 reps focusing on squeeze & contraction, not weight

Leg curls (Lying)
4*110-90lb*8-12 reps

Calves on Leg press up till 6 45s each side
5sets * 7-12 reps

Anomalies
Body cramping, spasming, and locking up during exercise literally, so being careful. Happening every where from upper shoulders & neck, temple area in heads, legs, & stomach.

Injection sites are extremely painful & swollen, hard to sit or lie down on back. There are visible muscle spasms in the area of injections, the oil is moving around from site of injection literally. I am not speaking figuratively for speech effect :nono:. From area of injection the spasm are moving in 6" radius.

Last edited:
Thursday March 10, 2011
Trained Back

Caffeine (200mg)/Ephedrine (8mg) taken 1hr prior to workout

35m cardio Stairmaster (15m) & elliptical (20m). Tensed up fast on stairmaster. No problems on elliptical.

Dumbbell rows
1*80*12 reps
2*100lb*10 reps
2*125lb*8 & 10 reps

Pull-downs (supersetted w/ rows)
4*240-310lb*7-12 reps
Machine is loaded w/ plates manually, so different feeling than cable pulldowns. Hence, the difference in weight pulled down. Cable machine max 250lb.

Pullovers (only shoulders touching bench)
4*100lb*8-10 reps

Narrow grip upper lats
4*3 45s + 10lb each side *10-12 reps

Pullups (bodyweight)
2*7-9 reps each

No abs

Anomalies
Primarily to do w/ T/C injection, see log above.

Also checked blood pressure Jan 24, 2011 (evening) it was average 133/81 after 4 tests.

Heart rate after 4 tests average = 87

Bi-wkly blood pressure readings are average 119-121 over 77-81. At times, i've noticed systolic pressure is below average. Consensus taken from a minimum of 3 readings or more over a ten minute period.

For each heartbeat, BP varies between systolic and diastolic pressures. Systolic pressure is peak pressure in the arteries, which occurs near the end of the cardiac cycle when the ventricles are contracting. Diastolic pressure is minimum pressure in the arteries, which occurs near the beginning of the cardiac cycle when the ventricles are filled with blood. An example of normal measured values for a resting, healthy adult human is 120 mmHg systolic and 80 mmHg diastolic (written as 120/80 mmHg, and spoken [in the US and UK] as "one-twenty over eighty"). Blood pressure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heart rate per minute 79-81.

Average into first 6-8 weeks was 96-105. The body has acclimated to the physiological changes, brought on by the onset of rapid weight gain. In the first weeks of logs reported where i had to take deep breaths to be able to get a full breath, that has not been an issue the last 6-8 weeks at all.

26 shot left glute

This was my last shot completed on Test cypionate
March 9, 2011 (1:40am)
7th instance of 5th day shot due to pain/spasms/allergic reaction to T/C. This may explain the sudden 10lb weight gain in 6 days. Problems are ongoing, for that reason discontinuing.

I figured give cypionate 1 more chance. FAILED ALTOGETHER, LET ALONE TRY ONCE MORE

Attempt completed Sun March 13, 2011 (3:01am)

Upon aspiration nearly a quarter of the syringe filled w/ blood. Removed the blood from syringe (did not throw out, should have :stickpoke).

Upon blood removal from syringe, injection attempted again - aspirated no problems. Thereafter, upon pull out all the test and blood leaked out, splashed all over the floor and feet. I think i may have done it too fast. Nearly 2 tablespoons must have come out or more. It was a bloody mess :insane:. Noticed the viscosity of the blood just to confirm that test leaked out w/ it. It did from the feel and visible oil bubbles in blood.

A little mild pain the day after, no problems.

Anyways will attempt 26th IMI again tonight. :agreed:

Last edited:
Saturday March 12, 2011

Trained Bi's/Tri's & Legs (Squats only)

1 hour prior
1 325mg ASA
1 8mg Ephedrine HCL
1 200mg Caffeine

35m elliptical - completed with no problems in terms of pumps in lower back and legs.

Other than mild elbow pain, workout went amazingly well.

In order of completion
:wiggle:

Close grip bench press
2*185*10 reps
2*205lb* 8 & 10 reps

Dumbbell hammer curls
2*40lb*8 each
2*35lb* 10 each
Followed by drop set w/ 50-60% of weight

Preacher curls (done very light)
2*35lb*10-15
2*55lb* 12-15 reps
Any type of bi curling movement triggers & exacerbates pain in elbow and then travels to shoulder(s), especially left.

Smith machine squats (Olympic style)
1*195lb*10 reps
1*285lb* 8 reps
1*335* 7 reps
1*375lb * 1 rep :eek: (once time attempted Olympic style with anything over 335lb). Soon as i went down felt a very painful strain in the groin area :eek:, like a tear. Stopped squat right there and then. I can easily pull 5-7 Olympic style reps, but not conditioned yet to train this heavy :axe:. Parallel (& below) is no problem even above this weight.

Cable push-downs (narrow & wide)
2* 80lb* 8-12 (wide on ez curl bar)
2* 50lb*6-8 reps (very slowly - narrow)

No abs

Anomalies
Feeling and looking lean.:spin:

Some stubborn bloat still present in feet, especially right. The right feet is more bloated due to a fracture in 2008 on the inner side, that acts up in heavy training and causes swelling from time to time. It is in fact painful walking around some days. Was suppose to use splint, never did at the time. :dunno:

NOTE: In all reported logs unless otherwise noted, nothing is done partially on any exercise. To me using less is more, if i can do it w/ proper form. Once in a while cheating is ok, but that is always, i mean always done w/ full range of motion.

I have seen many individuals attempting more weight then they can handle. I see them doing this year after year. Such as:

Bench press - coming down 25-50% on the bench press

Squats - just barely bending their knees - an inch or two?

Leg Press - they load it up, then do 3-5" movements

Hack squat - this was seen just yesterday. He had 5 45lb plates each side was bending his knees 1/2-1" literally. A colleague was suggesting we go over talk to him. You never know how someone will take advice offered. So we left it at that. Anyways, one mistake by that individual, he will literally break in half. He can hardly squat 155lb, and those are done w/ 25% ROM.

When i see these side shows, i am often thinking what's the point? :thumbsdow

Last edited:
I figured give cypionate 1 more chance. FAILED ALTOGETHER, LET ALONE TRY ONCE MORE

Attempt completed Sun March 13, 2011 (3:01am)

Upon aspiration nearly a quarter of the syringe filled w/ blood. Removed the blood from syringe (did not throw out, should have :stickpoke).

Upon blood removal from syringe, injection attempted again - aspirated no problems. Thereafter, upon pull out all the test and blood leaked out, splashed all over the floor and feet. I think i may have done it too fast. Nearly 2 tablespoons must have come out or more. It was a bloody mess :insane:. Noticed the viscosity of the blood just to confirm that test leaked out w/ it. It did from the feel and visible oil bubbles in blood.

A little mild pain the day after, no problems.

Anyways will attempt 26th IMI again tonight. :agreed:

Pain went from mild to quite serious, had to get prescription pain killers Monday March 14. Five days later the pain is slowly going away.

Will be 9 days since last shot on March 9, 2011 tonight. The last one was all bled out.

Some stubborn bloat still present in feet, especially right. The right feet is more bloated due to a fracture in 2008 on the inner side, that acts up in heavy training and causes swelling from time to time. It is in fact painful walking around some days. Was suppose to use splint, never did at the time. :dunno:

With the last shot being March 9, 2011, all the bloat is gone. All of the water retention was concentrated in the lower legs and ankles. First tell tale signs of water elimination were Wednesday afternoon, while performing simple tasks. It was rather mild to begin with starting this Monday.

Pumps are still present, but as the Test wears off so are the pumps and pain starting today (Thurs). Up until Tuesday afternoon, it was hard to stand after a few minutes even to brush the teeth.

Last edited:
17 weeks on Test as of today Thursday March 17, 2011

Monday March 14, 2011 trained shoulders.

Very painful to sit, stand, or lie down :freak:because of mishap on Sunday morning, Monday especially. Nevertheless, still had a great workout high on painkillers.

No cardio

Dumbbell Presses (sitting)
2*60*12-15 reps
2*65lb*12-15 reps

Lateral dumbbell raises (supersetted w/ behind the neck shrugs)
1*50*7 reps each
2*45lb*8 reps
1*40lb*8
Last 2 sets, did drop sets w/ 50% of the weight

Behind the neck shrugs (smith machine)
2*195lb*10reps
2*265lb*8
NOTE: If i have made mistake of just listing plates (i.e. 2 or 3 each side) in some logs deduct 30lb for the bar, unless otherwise noted. It is a standard bar, but only comes out to 15lb with the pulleys.

Front dumbbell raises (supersetted w/ upright rows)
1*55lb*7 reps each
1*50lb *8
2*45lb * 9 and 10 reps each

Barbell rows
4*135lb*9-10 reps each
Starting to really feel the lower back here pumping up.

Rear delts (machine)
4*110*12-15 reps

Smith machine shrugs (could not complete due to lower back pumps/pain)
3*265lb*7-9 reps
2*355lb*3-5 reps (unbearable lower back pumps/pain - had to cut it short each time). Really struggled to complete.

No abs

Anomalies
Didn't expect the pain to get this bad from the shot Sunday morning on the left glute. This was the 26th shot, until Sunday had never shot blood into syringe upon aspiration. On top of that on second try all of the T/E leaked out, with quite a bit of blood. Last time, Test leaked out w/ blood, it was only mildly painful the next day. The pain was exacerbated due to the allergic reaction to the cypionate and furthermore hitting a vein this time.

Left pec is showing some signs of intermittent dull pain under and over the nipple. No signs of gyno. Hit something into chest the other day, noticed it is also quite sensitive.

The Anavar is putting the vascularity in the arms through the roof.

Last edited:
Feb 16 started anavar- This wed March 16 = 4 weeks on (only 1 dosage missed last wk)

Tues March 15, 2011 Trained Back/Tri's

No painkillers today - don't want to add too much stress on the liver being on 20mg Anavar ED already, unless absolutely necessary like Monday. Left glute pain is getting more tolerable.

No cardio

BACK
Machine Rows
2*3 45lbs+ 1 35lb plate *10 reps
2* 4 45lb plates +15lb *8 reps
1* 2 45s + 1 25lb plate *12 reps

Reverse grip pull downs (Smith machine)
4 * 2 45lb plates each side * 10 reps

Behind the neck pulldowns
4*130-110lb *10-15 reps

Front Pull-downs
3*180>130lb * 8-12 reps