THE BEGINNERS GUIDE TO STEROIDS AND PROPER NUTRITION by 3J

this is a kickass write up. I'm on my 3rd cycle now, 2nd one was with a doc and not super effective but i'm sure it was safe. I've read and read and read, and studied and asked and asked questions, have 2 pretty experienced guys I'm close to as good resources but this is by far the best and simplest to understand piece of info I've come across. Thanks!!!!!!

How on Earth do you get that many grams of protein? The whey powder I have gives me 38 grams per serving, an 8 oz steak only has about 40 grams in it!

I am 188lbs and 20% body fat, so I have a lean body mass of 150lbs. I am moderately active (hit the gym hard a few times a week). Each day I need to eat (if I want to gain more muscle, which I need to do):

285g protein
285g carbohydrates
63g fat

I can see I need to save up and get some nutritional help, I am WAY WAY low on the protein with my normal eating habits. If I ate only 8 ounce steaks, I would need to eat 7 of them a day to get enough protein!

Last edited:
just a quick question i have read your post found it useful but im not the most brightest bloke when comes to maths and stuff so if i weigh 11 stone and im 5.9ft tall how much protein should i ruffly eat

just a quick question i have read your post found it useful but im not the most brightest bloke when comes to maths and stuff so if i weigh 11 stone and im 5.9ft tall how much protein should i ruffly eat

You need your body fat percentage to figure it out. You weigh 69.95Kg, or 154lbs. But that is your complete body weight. You need to figure out your lean body weight, which requires your body fat percentage. With it you can find out how much your fat weighs so you can subtract it from your total weight to get your lean body weight.

If you are 20% body fat (as an example), you take your 70Kg x 0.2 = 3.5Kg. Then you subtract it: 70-3.5=62.5Kg. Your lean body mass (weight) would be 62.5Kg.
The conversion of percent to a decimal is: 20% = 0.2 , 15% = 0.15, 10%= 0.1, etc. You basically remove the % sign and put a decimal at the front of the number (when the number is less than 100%).

Then take 21.6 x the lean body mass (in this example, 62.5Kg) = 1350
Then add 370 to that result to get your BMR: 1350+370 = 1720

At that point, use this list (taken from the original post) to determine what to multiply it with to find the number of calories you need to stay where you are:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

So if you are sedentary, you would take your BMR and multiply it by 1.2: 1720 X 1.2 = 2064. This is your TDEE.

Last edited:
with a basic cycle no... but why not be safe?? there is nothing wrong with running hcg on every cycle.. it helps recovery..

Wow, idk why but when i read this it changed me. You're right I'm going to wait on taking AAs im only 22. i guess I'll just lurk around here gathering information for next few years hope you guys don't mind lol

Also what about PH's? should i start with those for at least 1 cycle and see how it works? since it looks less potent.

Yes, but be careful what pH you take.. Some are more dangerous than steroids... Use something that naturally raises your test levels

Yes, but be careful what pH you take.. Some are more dangerous than steroids... Use something that naturally raises your test levels

Hello, 3J!

Now you got me interested! I've been looking into the topic of "naturally raising the test level" repeatedly, but it's very hard to get information you can trust. Can you expand this a bit, or point to some resources you can recommend?

Thanks again, mate!

hey guys i'm new to this and i was wondering where i can find anavar. Also I live in Canada and was wondering if I could get it here. Thx

hey guys i'm new to this and i was wondering where i can find anavar. Also I live in Canada and was wondering if I could get it here. Thx
Asking for a source in the open forums is against the rules.. Do it again and I will have to ban you

I havnt been on here for quite some time. Its great to see guys like 3j still putting up these fantastic posts. This where it started for me and where I come when I need absolutely anything answered. Thanks 3j!!

goes back to the prn (as needed) approach i mentioned in the article... chances are you are more active in the day then at night on a day you dont lift especially... give your body carbs when it will most likely need/use them

if you were to sit on your ass all morning but go for a hike in the afternoon then that would be different.. that would work like your pre and post workout nutrition again... the hike is the workout...

or if you work a hard job like a mechanic or a fed ex box mover.. chance are your working morning into afternoone... again carbs first three meals.. its pretty simple actually

First of all I'd like to thank you for the great post. Very informative and thorough. Secondly, I was wondering how you would handle macro timing for someone with my schedule. I'm guessing it would be flipped in comparison to the average person but I'd rather hear your opinion on it. I work a second shift position in a manufacturing facility. The labor is boring, but still a constant walk and assembling of products for 8 hrs. My schedule looks like this :

2p.m. Wake + T4 (Prescribed for Hypothyroidism) Stomach must remain empty for 1hr
3 - Eat
5 - Work
7 - Break (10 minutes to snack)
9 - Lunch (30 minutes to eat)
11:30 - Break (Snack)
2-2:30 - Home
2:30-3 - Gym
4-4:30 - Home Eat
5:30-6:30 - Sleep

My schedule sucks. Bad. I know. And it's rough trying to lift after work but waking early is worse at my gym. Way too crowded. I'm consistent though and do not miss my workouts.

I'm 23 - 5'8" - 196lbs - 20%BF - Current calorie intake for bulk 3000-3500
Any suggestions?

First of all I'd like to thank you for the great post. Very informative and thorough. Secondly, I was wondering how you would handle macro timing for someone with my schedule. I'm guessing it would be flipped in comparison to the average person but I'd rather hear your opinion on it. I work a second shift position in a manufacturing facility. The labor is boring, but still a constant walk and assembling of products for 8 hrs. My schedule looks like this :

2p.m. Wake + T4 (Prescribed for Hypothyroidism) Stomach must remain empty for 1hr
3 - Eat
5 - Work
7 - Break (10 minutes to snack)
9 - Lunch (30 minutes to eat)
11:30 - Break (Snack)
2-2:30 - Home
2:30-3 - Gym
4-4:30 - Home Eat
5:30-6:30 - Sleep

My schedule sucks. Bad. I know. And it's rough trying to lift after work but waking early is worse at my gym. Way too crowded. I'm consistent though and do not miss my workouts.

I'm 23 - 5'8" - 196lbs - 20%BF - Current calorie intake for bulk 3000-3500
Any suggestions?

so if you are bulking then you should be taking in at least 300-400g carbs..

looks like you have 5 meals plus post workout nutrition..

divide your carbs evenly throughout the day.. thats easy..

your issu is that you go home eat and sleep.. so you should have a post workout shake with carbs within 15 min of finishing your workout.. and then eat a meal before bed..

so if you are bulking then you should be taking in at least 300-400g carbs..

looks like you have 5 meals plus post workout nutrition..

divide your carbs evenly throughout the day.. thats easy..

your issu is that you go home eat and sleep.. so you should have a post workout shake with carbs within 15 min of finishing your workout.. and then eat a meal before bed..

Very cool, that's literally exactly what I do :)

remember that the macro timing should be right in terms of meal 1, meal 5 and 6.. meal 1 should have fast acting protein.. meal 5 should be done with fast acting protein and carbs.. and meal 6 should be a slow digesting protein like casein, yogurt, or beef
Very cool, that's literally exactly what I do :)

remember that the macro timing should be right in terms of meal 1, meal 5 and 6.. meal 1 should have fast acting protein.. meal 5 should be done with fast acting protein and carbs.. and meal 6 should be a slow digesting protein like casein, yogurt, or beef
Got it, thanks a lot for the help!

Back