The "Im Ready for Gear" check list

Hello members and nice post 3J.

I am in complete agreement with your points. However, what if you were someone who had extensive experience as a bodybuilder (18yrs+) but had a long layoff (4yrs+), decided to comeback and found out that everything or every source you had is no longer around and you find yourself back to a time when you first looked around for one.

That is basically where I stand. I had been a very successful bodybuilder for very long time. Have recently rejoined the world of bodybuilding after a 4 - 5 year lay off (2008 was the last time I remember being serious about bodybuilding - Actually started bodybuilding back in 1990. Between 1990 - 1998 I had several layoffs with 1998 - 2008 being where I made my greatest strides).

Now that I am back (nearly 8 weeks in the mix again) I am trying to hunt down certain elements in order to reincorporate them into my regime.

While I am not directly asking for help with this matter as I know this is frowned upon on the board if any advice or direction could be given that would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thanks for having me here on the board and I hope that I can give to the members of the board just as much as I receive plus more.

JM

Bro number 2 is so right and sooo misunderstood by a lot of people looking to start some gear, but also those who are on gear. They end up injuring their self and don't understand why. and this is most of the time why.
Great Post

Concur. After suffering a complete pec tear myself in 2008 due to the same misunderstanding, I am now left with a chest that will never be what it could have been...

to add on, i've ran into numerous young guys who are doing it the wrong way. If you are going to do it, do it right; meet a guru who will guide you, don't over do it(more is not always better) and have your post cycle therapy (pct) in check. Simple as that. Don't follow 3j's advice and you'll wind up bald with bitch tits and no real physique changes.

agreeeed!!!

Good info thanks for the post, I have been reading about this stuff for the past few weeks or so. I'm 21, but I intend to do this in the future. Not sure if I've fully matured either, but I at least have a solid base of training in me at 6'2 217 right now. Hopefully this site informs me of a lot of the effects these things will do.

I am 34 been lifting off and on since 2001 5' 8'' 170. I broke my shoulder last summer and had to rehab it in the fall over the winter put on a little extra weight. for about the last 4-5 months I have been training really hard, lost about 20lbs of fat and put on about 8 lbs muscle( all natural) Flat bench max is 260 haven't figured out any others yet. about seven yrs ago I did a 10 week cycle of sus and put on about 15 lbs lean. I understand nutrition very well, took some lower level nutrition classes at the local community college. I am pretty sure that I am ready but what do you guys think??

I am 34 been lifting off and on since 2001 5' 8'' 170. I broke my shoulder last summer and had to rehab it in the fall over the winter put on a little extra weight. for about the last 4-5 months I have been training really hard, lost about 20lbs of fat and put on about 8 lbs muscle( all natural) Flat bench max is 260 haven't figured out any others yet. about seven yrs ago I did a 10 week cycle of sus and put on about 15 lbs lean. I understand nutrition very well, took some lower level nutrition classes at the local community college. I am pretty sure that I am ready but what do you guys think??

Lower level community college nutrition is not going to teach you what you need to know. We are talking about high level Bodybuilding sports nutrition. I do that for a living if you are interested.

Hey guys I'm new here and this is great advice. I'm 40 years old, and have been training off and on for about two years due to herniated disc (L4) injuries.

Couple of questions:

1. Am I too old to start taking gear?

2. How do I know if or when I will reach my genetic potential?

3. Am I too old to start thinking about competing?

My diet is perfect, and I know about TDEE, calorie intake, macronutrient intake, IIFYM dieting. I have been reading alot of Lyle McDonald, Alan Aragon, and Martin Berkhan for a while now.

The biggest thing that scares the hell out of me is not having enough natural training under my belt so when I do go on gear that I tear a tendon. Also there's the thought of liver damage plus a slew of other side effects that I really need to get educated on, but I thought I'd start here by asking a few basic questions to see if I should even consider starting gear.

Any advice for a new guy?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi Trevock

I'm a newbie too, way older than you at 61, but I've been lurking or six months or so.

1. There are a couple of opinions on this board. Cashout (major respect from me) is against cycling for old bastards like yourself. my opinion is do it in moderation - after the diet and exercise thang is sorted
  2. You'll never reach your genetic potential. You'll probably get much closer by cycling AASs, but do it in moderation, make sure you have your PCT sorted and sourced before you start, and remember this is fun.
  3. Competing??? Go for it! Think fun!

Hi Trevock

I'm a newbie too, way older than you at 61, but I've been lurking or six months or so.

1. There are a couple of opinions on this board. Cashout (major respect from me) is against cycling for old bastards like yourself. my opinion is do it in moderation - after the diet and exercise thang is sorted
  2. You'll never reach your genetic potential. You'll probably get much closer by cycling AASs, but do it in moderation, make sure you have your post cycle therapy (pct) sorted and sourced before you start, and remember this is fun.
  3. Competing??? Go for it! Think fun!

Thanks man!

Hey guys I'm new here and this is great advice. I'm 40 years old, and have been training off and on for about two years due to herniated disc (L4) injuries.

Couple of questions:

1. Am I too old to start taking gear?

2. How do I know if or when I will reach my genetic potential?

3. Am I too old to start thinking about competing?

My diet is perfect, and I know about TDEE, calorie intake, macronutrient intake, IIFYM dieting. I have been reading alot of Lyle McDonald, Alan Aragon, and Martin Berkhan for a while now.

The biggest thing that scares the hell out of me is not having enough natural training under my belt so when I do go on gear that I tear a tendon. Also there's the thought of liver damage plus a slew of other side effects that I really need to get educated on, but I thought I'd start here by asking a few basic questions to see if I should even consider starting gear.

Any advice for a new guy?

Thanks in advance!

I just thrive to be the best I"ve ever been ....~Bo

hi,

i am wondering how do you know that you have reached your max potential before considering gear??
I have been training for 5.5 years now and my diet has been strict for the past 3.5 years...
gain has been slow...does that mean there is still room to grow based on diet?

hii
guys i have been doing some research for my next cycle and thats what am planing to do give me your thoughts

week 1 - 10 test /500 mg a week <2 shoots >
week 1- 10 deca/ 400 mg a week < 2 shoots>
week 1- 16 primo / 300 mg a week < 3 shoots>
week 12- 16 anavar 50 mg a day
week 1-16 nolvadex 10 mg a day

Last edited:
Back