The truth on AS side effects from those who use

Vote for the biggest side effect that you have had from AS.

• Hair loss

Votes: 35 5.6%
  • Gyno

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • Acne

Votes: 124 19.7%
  • Spending too much money

Votes: 121 19.2%
  • Liver

Votes: 15 2.4%
  • Social problems (anxiety, roid rage, etc)

Votes: 34 5.4%
  • Pulled muscles or shoulder/back problems

Votes: 30 4.8%
  • Legal

Votes: 10 1.6%
  • Heart, blood pressure or cholesterol

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • Bloat

Votes: 48 7.6%
  • Loss of sex drive

Votes: 84 13.3%

• Total voters
I havent had any tests done to my BP, or cholesterol, (although i should) but beyond that acne would have to be the primary one i got. some loss of sex drive during post cycle, and a couple of muscle strains. none of which have been too severe, but then again i havent checked my health by a physician....

gyno from being a young stupid fuck with an anadrol only cycle

noodle dick for a month from fina

nothing else that I know of and that's with keeping doses mild, cycles short, monitoring BP and periodic blood work

Those with mood swings: Here's my theory, the mood swings are caused by estrogen or estrogen-like AS. So, stay away from Deca (nandrolone) and even Fina, and stick with Test, D-bol, and/or EQ. Use anti-E like a-dex or Femara to reduce Estrogen (but don't over-do it with the anti-e, since that will cause joint pain). Keep E within physiological limits for males by getting tested. I bet your mood swings will get less.
Someone complained of lower back pain with Dbol, you need to quit the Dbol because your liver is getting screwed.

Another way is stick with Test and EQ and never come off cycle, use anti-e to keep within physiological limits for males.

SJ

bacne.
If I could cure that I'd be a happy man- never got it when I was a teenager so probably making up for that now in my thirties.
Sex drive is a bit feast or famine depending on what I'm on or not on.....
Makes it a bit confusing for the gf - doesn't know whether its safe to have a headache or not :)

Im 20 and was shut down hard after my spring cutter,my sex drive was shit from june till aug

and I get bacne large when I come off

but thats it

1st: 2 slight tears in my pecs, plus pulled muscles in my back, bad rotator cuffs

2nd biggest problem would be BP

Others that weren't too severe:

Body Acne
Night sweats
Bloat

Last edited:
any gyno problems with test....deca dick....awful......like thanksgiving....cold turkey...this is the real reason I quit....well......probably....I'll be back.

Biggest problem i've gotten is Acne, but I'm still quite new to the game. So We'll see what the years will do to me..

Ohh. and let's not forget how much these cycles put me back :(

slight acne and "fina dick" on fina/test/deca-cycle
also some hair loss and slightly enlarged prostate.
Clomid which increases your free floating "unattached" estrogen
gave me big time depression, crying like a girl. Never use again!

New cycle: just test with 1mg/day finesteride
no more problems with hair loss/noodle dick/acne/prostate
I will be adding arimidex later.

I have had to keep gyno in check throughout each and every cycle with Nolva and Arimidex. I am now almost 39 and have been to the Dr. every 2 months or so for blood work and D-Bol has been elevating my liver enzymes somewhat. Cholesterol was at 305! Went on statins to lower Cholesterol (down to 190 now). Lower back surgery as a result of heavy squats over the years (heavy weight via gear added to my back problem). Now have a titanium plate at my L4-L5 juncture in my lower lumbar spine as a result. Am also on HRT for life since last year, may have been catalyzed by years of long cycles (self-induced hypogonadism?). Have also lost half of my hair throughout the years, but know my back is hairy as an ape. Damn, guess I have every side effect, eh?

I voted but you wanna know what my biggest concern really is?....my memory.

I have always been known for a tremendous memory. Somehow my mind has taken like a video tape of things. I could read a page and then quote sections of it word for word - people have been amazed by that. At my 10 and 20 high school reunion I discussed things - some people disputed what I said and then someone found photos of said events and my memory was 100%. My family always amazed at how I could remember the most minute details of things. Especially if there was some trigger it was like I was immersed in a living mental video replay of whatever I was trying to remember - in very fine detail.

I returned to school 3 years ago. I am in my 40's. Things were going great until a cycle that involved some homebrew last summer. I could taste this really weird taste with an inject. I did homebrew before but never had this paint taste or something. I was getting by on almost no sleep. I averaged like 3 hours per night for 5 months or so. My memory got terrible. I thought it was the lack of sleep. I could not memorize new things. As well old memories that use to be crystal clear where jumbled.

Here now, a year or so later, its the same. Things I could have pictured in detail are now just partial. I sit and try to memorize things and its to no avail. I think something, maybe excess BA or binders that were in there or something, in that one batch (and last batch ever of home brew) fried my neurons.

Last edited:
copracr said:
i had no side effects until i lost my a-dex. after that i got acne pretty bad on back/chest. mood dropped off too till i got on nolva's. oh yea, the worst was fina dick. i could get hard, but it took alot of ...stimulus.

hey man, how long did it take your sex drive to return? I might be in the same boat as you were in currently... No morning erections and such whatsoever anymore... :(

in my first cycle 2 months ago i have gyneco problem (pains with let us tetons + swollen)my doctor give me progesteron gel but i i not sure it is effective

Back