Roid Rage

liftsiron

Community Veteran, Longtime Vet
I found a few studies on the topic, that were posted on superior muscle by yellowjacket.

The effects of supraphysiological doses of testosterone on angry behavior in healthy eugonadal men--a clinical research center study.

Tricker R, Casaburi R, Storer TW, Clevenger B, Berman N, Shirazi A, Bhasin S
Division of Endocrinology, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA.

Anecdotal reports of "roid rage" and violent crimes by androgenic steroid users have brought attention to the relationship between anabolic steroid use and angry outbursts. However, testosterone effects on human aggression remain controversial. Previous studies have been criticized because of the low androgen doses, lack of placebo control or blinding, and inclusion of competitive athletes and those with preexisting psychopathology. To overcome these pitfalls, we used a double-blind, placebo-controlled design, excluded competitive athletes and those with psychiatric disorders, and used 600 mg testosterone enanthate (TE)/week. Forty-three eugonadal men, 19-40 yr, were randomized to 1 of 4 groups: Group I, placebo, no exercise; Group II, TE, no exercise; Group III, placebo, exercise; Group IV, TE plus exercise. Exercise consisted of thrice weekly strength training sessions. The Multi-Dimensional Anger Inventory (MAI), which includes 5 different dimensions of anger (inward anger, outward anger, anger arousal, hostile outlook, and anger eliciting situations), and a Mood Inventory (MI), which includes items related to mood and behavior, were administered to subjects before, during, and after the 10 week intervention. The subject's significant other (spouse, live-in partner, or parent) also answered the same questions about the subject's mood and behavior (Observer Mood Inventory, OMI). No differences were observed between exercising and nonexercising and between placebo and TE treated subjects for any of the 5 subdomains of MAI. Overall there were no significant changes in MI or OMI during the treatment period in any group. Conclusion: Supraphysiological doses of testosterone, when administered to normal men in a controlled setting, do not increase angry behavior. These data do not exclude the possibility that still higher doses of multiple steroids might provoke angry behavior in men with preexisting psychopathology.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Baillieres Clin Endocrinol Metab 1998 Oct;12(3):521-34

Potential adverse effects of long-term testosterone therapy.

Rolf C, Nieschlag E.

Institute of Reproductive Medicine of the University, Munster, Germany.

Natural testosterone and its esters, even when applied in supraphysiological doses, rarely produce side-effects. Via a negative feedback mechanism, exogenous testosterone suppresses the production of lutenizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone, and leads to reduced testicular sperm production and, consequently, reduced testicular volume. The main concerns for the potential adverse effects of testosterone treatment are the prostate and the cardiovascular system. Androgens play a permissive role in the development of prostate cancer and benign prostate hyperplasia; however, there are no data to indicate that testosterone administration can lead to the progression of pre-clinical or clinical prostate cancer. Whether the effects of testosterone treatment on lipid metabolism are clinically relevant is as yet undetermined. The effects of testosterone on behaviour, especially on aggression, have not been firmly established. Some androgen effects, such as virilization and coarsening of the voice, considered normal in adult men are inappropriate in women and children.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clin Endocrinol Metab 1992 Dec;75(6):1503-7

The effects of exogenous testosterone on sexuality and mood of normal men.

Anderson RA, Bancroft J, Wu FC.

Medical Research Council Reproductive Biology Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, Scotland.

The effects of supraphysiological levels of testosterone, used for male contraception, on sexual behavior and mood were studied in a single-blind, placebo-controlled manner in a group of 31 normal men. After 4 weeks of baseline observations, the men were randomized into two groups: one group received 200 mg testosterone enanthate (TE) weekly by im injection for 8 weeks (Testosterone Only group), the other received placebo injections once weekly for the first 4 weeks followed by TE 200 mg weekly for the following 4 weeks (Placebo/Testosterone group). The testosterone administration increased trough plasma testosterone levels by 80%, compatible with peak testosterone levels 400-500% above baseline. Various aspects of sexuality were assessed using sexuality experience scales (SES) questionnaires at the end of each 4-week period while sexual activity and mood states were recorded by daily dairies and self-rating scales. In both groups there was a significant increase in scores in the Psychosexual Stimulation Scale of the SES (i.e. SES 2) following testosterone administration, but not with placebo. There were no changes in SES 3, which measures aspects of sexual interaction with the partner. In both groups there were no changes in frequency of sexual intercourse, masturbation, or penile erection on waking nor in any of the moods reported. The Placebo/Testosterone group showed an increase in self-reported interest in sex during testosterone treatment but not with placebo. The SES 2 results suggest that sexual awareness and arousability can be increased by supraphysiological levels of testosterone. However, these changes are not reflected in modifications of overt sexual behavior, which in eugonadal men may be more determined by sexual relationship factors. This contrasts with hypogonadal men, in whom testosterone replacement clearly stimulates sexual behavior. There was no evidence to suggest an alteration in any of the mood states studied, in particular those associated with increased aggression. We conclude that supraphysiological levels of testosterone maintained for up to 2 months can promote some aspects of sexual arousability without stimulating sexual activity in eugonadal men within stable heterosexual relationships. Raising testosterone does not increase self-reported ratings of aggressive feelings.

bump..... read these next time you blame your Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use on getting mad at the guy in front of you in traffic.

total bull

I don't believe a word of it

I am going to rage right now and bust this computer if someone doesn't tell me
where to find the page that describes the
meaning of all the abreviations on this board
TIG ..LR3 bla bla bla

when i read a scientific paper it points out the
meanings ie: bFGF is basic fibroblast growth factor.

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad:

BTW 90 % of research papers have a lot of crap in it.........i've seen it.

i don't believe that steroids cause rage. yes it might speed the process up but it doesn't cause it because i get rage sometimes with out gas

I have a severe anger problem, and ive been calmer since being on the juice then when im not.
Maybe im just trying to control it more? but everyone around me is happier that im not smashing things or yelling haha.

Fax that shit to NBC, maybe they can stuff it down their throats.

I don't think I've ever gotten "roid rage" but I've noticed that just about every compound I've ever taken does make me more irritable. It usually takes a lot to make me mad, but when I'm on cycle I get really agitated, but I manage to keep it under control for the most part.

I can tell when on Tren/Test combo that I have a shorter fuse.

BUT, that may be due to basically...I don't feel as good physically when I take tren. I feel like I've got a mild case of the flu sometimes or perhaps like I've had a hard workout and have no energy left.

I don't know if my fuse is shortened because of the physical sensation of feeling "bad" or if there's more to it than that...
But either way... I definitely have a shorter fuse...but I simply acknowledge this and "check" myself so I haven't had one incident of "roid rage".

an asshole before juice is just a bigger asshole on it..

Indeed sir! I am very short tempered... I find I am a bit worse when on the juice but..... There are reasons beside the juice.

1 I train harder on juice
2 I find I get less sleep
3 I dont eat as much of the things I like

So before you blame the juice,try looking at the other factors that change when you are on cycle.

:flipoffha

its beem promoted by attorneys looking to find an excuse for their clients who
were asses and wanted sympathy from the courts.....

I really don't understand how people can say that they don't think "roid rage" is real. It fucks with your hormones. I catch myself getting angry all the time and stop it before it can get bad, not to mention I mood swing from insanely depressed to happy with a tiny event. If I didn't have more control over myself I could easily see things escalating to a point they shouldn't have.

Depends on the person, the compound, and the situation causing the emotions.
I caught this chick lying straight up to my face yesterday.
Pretty much blew my fuse cause I don't take that shit lightly.
Yeah, I got hella angry.
Told her about her sorry ass and gave her a little poke in the face with the pointer finger.
When I was 19 and not on anything I'd of been in jail for domestic.
Yes, I'm more mature but I'm also constantly aware of my "Condition" and control myself.
Now If I'd of caught her in bed with a mouth full of cock, I can't say how well that control would work.
On the Tren I do notice some mild attitude and psychological issues.

i never have it but i do feel a lil angry when i dont and cant perform to my full extent at the gym.....but restless and tired dont sleep well at night on my test and tren mix also..its weird.....

Back