Tore my pec today......$h!t

Gainjin260

I am banned!
Finished my first cycle of test c 750/week about 3 weeks ago. Today I tore my right pec doing weighted dips.

Last summer I had radiation on my right armpit (cancer), which left my all the surrounding tissue weaker and slightly damaged. My right pact has been tight ever since.

I guess the combo of weakened tendons/tissue and the cycle was enough to mess me up. I'm super bummed. Not really looking forward to leg day 3 times a week.

Anybody else out there who tore their pec? How'd it end up?

I have never torn a muscle so I couldn't help. Just thought I would give your thread a bump here. Good luck on the mend. I assume you have seen a doctor ??

Finished my first cycle of test c 750/week about 3 weeks ago. Today I tore my right pec doing weighted dips.

Last summer I had radiation on my right armpit (cancer), which left my all the surrounding tissue weaker and slightly damaged. My right pact has been tight ever since.

I guess the combo of weakened tendons/tissue and the cycle was enough to mess me up. I'm super bummed. Not really looking forward to leg day 3 times a week.

Anybody else out there who tore their pec? How'd it end up?
Tore, or strained? There's a HUGE difference as a torn pec is a sight/sound one never forgets. I've been lucky to avoid that, but I've seen it happen many times over the years. It often has a disgusting popping sound, and the muscle shrivels into a ball at one end or the other. Bruising happens immediately, and the arm often falls to the side.

That requires medical attention.

A strain is where the tendon is stretched and may have a few tears. Sometimes there's bruising, but other than general weakness and some serious pain, it is treatable. HGH is what I know helps 100%, but obviously it's not the easiest to (or affordable for many) acquire.

But either way, you definitely have some rest time coming your way. I'd also look into physical therapy to help set things back properly.

My .02c :)

I was hoping someone would chime in for you guy. I have seen this once but not actual witnessing. It was this guy's bicep. It was gross. It rolled up on his lower shoulder. It ripped off the lower tendon.

So yea I did ask about a doctor. As my fiend asked you did you actually tear it? How bad is this? Maybe not so bad if you are typing.... ha lol just joking with you. But let us know how you do.

Definitely strained. I could hear and feel a ripping his sound like a sheet of paper. No bruising, no deformation. I haven't seen a doc because I think all I can do is rest, ibuprofen and ice. Currently running hgh, so that's a huge plus.

I've been training hard 5 days a week for 6 months, so it's a good time for recovery anyhow. Gonna focus losing a couple more % of BF and try to get to 10. Also work dem legs!

Almost time to post transformation pics. Oh, also an introduction because I kinda jumped onto this forum in emergency life-sucks-because-I'm-hypogonadal mode.

Thank you sirs for your reply. When I wrote this I wasn't sure how bad it'd be the next day. When I tore my acl back in high school that's when the real damage showed. As stated, no bruising and it only hurts when I move it a certain way.

I have never torn a muscle so I couldn't help. Just thought I would give your thread a bump here. Good luck on the mend. I assume you have seen a doctor ??

I'm sorry I made a mistake with my telling you I never tore a muscle. I never tore it loose from the tendon or ripped one clear half. Back in 85 I was warming up on the seated row machine. One of my strongest pulls and I was playing around not paying attention with light warm up weight, when I stopped abruptly short of the bottom of the movement. I hear it tear and an instant burn. Fire n fire and on fire pain. I just rolled off the machine. Got help into my car and help at the motel. Drove back late night from Orlando to Gainesville and then straight to the ER. I was in the hospital for 3 days. don't remember much more that that except this was the beginning of my back problems. They were soft tissue but that lead to weakening my back. That was also my beginning of opiate addiction.

Won't be needing heavy pain meds for this one, thank goodness.

My pec gave way on a mid level weighted dip- something I could go 8-10 reps on, so not so heavy either. I think I've just gotten too strong too quickly for that area which had been weakened by radiation.

Thanks Uncle Mike

Hope you have a speedy recovery! Sounds like you know what's going on then, and you're already on the best medicine for the job at hand. :)

U ve strained it; a tear leaves NO doubt. I too saw a bicep come loose on a 242 powerlifter doing an un godly pull and it simply rolled up under the delt...I winced and felt ill.
Long story short...they unrolled it screwed or stabled it back.
My left shoulder and right elbow in Feb ( the whole prior year ) were about to the point where I was having trouble working around them...add LIFE.. and a 4-5 week lay off mired in self pity and misery.. in March ??..
Now after the rest BOTH are as gtg as an aging feeble man can expect. When better u need to staret w the bar...then dimes...quarters...lol...it ll be all good again. Do not get in a hurry..this will need time.

Teutonic is right a tear is leaves no doubt! I tore my left distol bicep tendon off the bone 2 years ago sparring and I knew it instantly. Coach didn't believe me till I tried to flex my bicep and it just fell to the inside. It bruised within about 20 min, I can't find the picture right now but it was def freaky looking! I was sort of lucky to because mine didn't roll up to my delt it just made a ball about half way up my arm.

Funny thing is the doctor actually asked me if I wanted it repaired because a lot of older guys will just leave it. My wife laughed at the doctor and said look at him do you actually think he'll want to walk around with half an arm....I just smiled and said exactly!!

Your fine and you can work aroumd any injury. Nothing weakens the tendons and ligaments more than test only cycles dont do heavy ass shit with test only

Your fine and you can work aroumd any injury. Nothing weakens the tendons and ligaments more than test only cycles dont do heavy ass shit with test only

just curious as to what can be taken to make them stronger during the cycle?

just curious as to what can be taken to make them stronger during the cycle?

Anavar, eq wich i hate, deca, primo im sure there is more but i add those in my buddys do to at low doses just for a little insurance to help us with heavy lifts

Just wondering if legs 3x weeks is too much.... I can do 2x a week for a week or 2 before I feel drained and over trained. Of course that while also doing all other body parts.... u would be doing all leg right?

Funny thing is the doctor actually asked me if I wanted it repaired because a lot of older guys will just leave it. My wife laughed at the doctor and said, look at him do you actually think he'll want to walk around with half an arm....I just smiled and said exactly!!

This in bold, ^^^^ ah ha ha haa:scratchhe

Just wondering if legs 3x weeks is too much.... I can do 2x a week for a week or 2 before I feel drained and over trained. Of course that while also doing all other body parts.... u would be doing all leg right?

When I was doing 3 on and 1 off I had a leg day only with and some other small part like traps only.
Many times legs only. Ha when I had my gym I had an oxygen mask with a tank next to the leg press and when I did strip / and giant sets on the leg press I would turn that baby on :dance2:

Back