type of cardio on cycle ?,.?,.?

Anamorph

So everyone has their opinions on this, just wanting some feedback on what you all prefer.

l
ow intensity daily cardio first thing in the morn before breakfast?

high intensity cardio on only non-training days?

cardio acceleration? ( cardio in between sets of lifting)

cardio warm up/ cool down before and after lift session?

endurance cardio on non training days?

How do you incorporate cardio on cycle?

I am not looking for any specific "answers" just want to view perspectives on what people seem to like.

Unless you're prepping for a show, or obese, I vote for:

• [x] None of the above.

An effective diet combined with resistance training should be enough to get you where you want to be. If you absolutely MUST do cardio, LISS is the way to go. Guys far more experienced than I in body recompositioning gave me this advice, and the results have been fantastic, and made me a believer.

I am doing what i guess would be considered LISS now, I go for about a 45 min walk in the mornings. But at least once a week i do some type of High intensity cardio.
Im not prepping or obese i just like the benefits of cardio other than bf%. it keeps my bp down, it clears my mind, it also helps me beat the shit out of that little man in my head that tells me to stop, or comes up with excuses, which seems to be different from when I'm just trying to get 1 more rep and that helps overall in life. I guess i just feel a little cardio brings balance to my workouts.

I don't do cardio but i like the way you look at it. As lifting alone is therapeutic for me, I get it. What ever works for you brother

Currently 8 weeks out from a show - halfway through a 16 week cut.

Not one session of cardio has been done (or required) to this date!

Controlled calorific deficit, high intensity weight training, some pilates thrown in for midsection tightening - pre last 8 weeks ab work - and all is on track, or should I say well ahead!

If (and that is a big IF) - I introduce cardio, it will be LISS over a 30-45 minute duration - purely to exaggerate the 'calories in < calories out' equation.
But muscle sparing is at the forefront of everything I do at this stage.

I do cardio e time I train but low intensity for 20-45 ms but I m old and feeble and my 2 most important muscles now are my heart and cock so...it does not put muscle at risk I m o and does tap into the deep reserves like my fat back..

...and I eat Klondike bars 4 at a time every Sunday...

I do cardio e time I train but low intensity for 20-45 ms but I m old and feeble and my 2 most important muscles now are my heart and cock so...it does not put muscle at risk I m o and does tap into the deep reserves like my fat back..

...and I eat Klondike bars 4 at a time every Sunday...

Gotta respect a man that ain't afraid to keep it real;-)

It depends on your goal(s) but I think if one is going to do any cardio, LISS separate from training is the least-bad option (i.e. cardio in the AM, train at night or vice versa)

If you HAVE to do it postWO, then HIIT would be preferable but keep it short

Diet-induced caloric deficit is far more efficient than trying to create that situation via cardio though (IMO)

Agreed...

But I like my ice cream fried chicken, pussy, fried shrimp, gravy, mayonnaise.cheese ham, pudding roast beef. I more can of brown tuna and I ll eat a frag grenade.I know I m a horrible example but I m never gonna be as hard as u bro. U r amazing.!!!!!! When I was competing I was not as ripped...but I remember being a miserable m f er. I like food to much to be ripped.

LISS/walking is the best for cutting. This keeps stress and hunger at bay and let's you focus on lifting with intensity and vigor. Moderate to high intensity cardio will sap you of precious stamina, especially during a cut. You will be burning extra glycogen, and your muscles will feel sapped.

Personally, for cutting, 30 min-1 hour of walking while reading, watching tv or listening to music is awesome. I like to do high-intensity jump roping to keep my cardiovascular system strong. I think this is very important for people who us AAS, who are at an increased risk for cardiovascular events and complications. The trick is finding an activity that you fun and enjoyable. Boxing/Grappling/MMA/Swimming are fun as hell and incredible cardiovascular training.

For me I like going Mt biking... the guys I ride with are funny as hell and we just crack n on each other endlessly. The ride is therapeutic cause I tune out everything. I feel great after a good 1 hr ride. Yes it's a bit much cause we push hard and keep the breaks to a minimum but it makes me happy.

For me I like going Mt biking... the guys I ride with are funny as hell and we just crack n on each other endlessly. The ride is therapeutic cause I tune out everything. I feel great after a good 1 hr ride. Yes it's a bit much cause we push hard and keep the breaks to a minimum but it makes me happy.

That's exactly what i'm talking about. I fucking hate regular cardio. So boring

everyone's body is COMPLETELY different thats why all these fitness articles you read everywhere are mostly bullshit. it may take some time, but figure out what works for you.

in order for me to cut up right, i need under 100g of carbs a week and under 2200 calories a day, combined with 30 minutes of cardio at least 3 times a week. with that combo, i can go from 15% to 10% within 6 weeks.

i hope you find what works for you.

good luck
NG

Back