Unique ways to do cardio?

outlawtas

So do any of you guys do anything besides running/eliptical/etc for cardio? Stuff like boxing, bball, outdoor sprints. Just wondering if you find these types of workout effective for fat burning.

outlawtas2 said:
Just wondering if you find these types of workout effective for fat burning.

Any of these things burn fat. It does not matter what your doing, as long as the heart rate is at the right level etc.

I prefere jogging, fast walking, swimming, mountain climbing in the summer, sports like soccer are great. anything that gets you to your target heart rate for a certain ammount of time.

Fat loss.

I have a cardio related question. I'm a newb and I was wondering if walking or light jogging would be best for fat loss? I know aerobic exercise would probably be better. Im just concerned with burning lean muscle mass. I need to burn fat. Im also concerned that Im not getting enough kcals in. I guess Im torn between getting bigger/stronger and loosing weight. Its freckin impossible to do both. Oh well I hope my newb qusetion doesnt bug you senior folks. Thanks.

mason2587 said:
I have a cardio related question. I'm a newb and I was wondering if walking or light jogging would be best for fat loss? I know aerobic exercise would probably be better. Im just concerned with burning lean muscle mass. I need to burn fat. Im also concerned that Im not getting enough kcals in. I guess Im torn between getting bigger/stronger and loosing weight. Its freckin impossible to do both. Oh well I hope my newb qusetion doesnt bug you senior folks. Thanks.
i believe low intensity carido like walking/stairmaster is more effective for fat burning than higher intensity stuff like running for extended periods of time. High intensity cardio may burn more calories, but a smaller percentage of those cals come from fat (think carbs if youve eaten a carb meal that day, or muscle protein).

HIIT cardio is also pretty unanimously effective.

these are the beliefs of most of the top contest prep guys, and i dont think theres anybody on the planet that knows more about getting peeled than these guys.

i took up paintballing on the weekends. . . your out there for hours at a time constantly running, somtimes sprinting...im spent after everytime i go

also, try stealing somthing and running from the cops...i gotta imagine that'll get your heart rate up pretty high.

I like the sex idea. Cheating on your girlfriend at your place will get your heart rate up, especially if you get caught! Even more cals burned if she decides to join in....

I like wind sprints though...lol

I go for biking 90-120minutes or inlineskating, same duration, twice a week. But most important is heart rate. In general it means that ones, after one month of regular doing this cardio, it should not stress you anymore. This means after you have done 60-120 minutes of your preferred cardio you should feel relaxed. If you are exhausted then you stressed your CNS and this has negative impact on your weight training.

i ride my bike around town at average speeds....
several times a week i train MMA like grappling/wrestling and boxing....best cardio ever.

i just took up swimming. that really gets yor whole body going. you burn the fat and still build lean muscle sllowly but surely.

outlawtas2 said:
I like the sex idea. Cheating on your girlfriend at your place will get your heart rate up, especially if you get caught! Even more cals burned if she decides to join in....

I like wind sprints though...lol

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any outdoor activity will be good for cardio really. I personally hit the track, do some sprints and whatnot when I'm by myself.. Other than that I play soccer and do MMA

Back