Use of T-3 in conjunction with HGH

Drveejay11 said:
TREV: thanks, I missed this!!!!

I'm still not satisfied. Nandi's position seems compelling and supported by the studies, but it flies in the face of conventional wisdom. What do you think?

Trevdog said:
I'm still not satisfied. Nandi's position seems compelling and supported by the studies, but it flies in the face of conventional wisdom. What do you think?

Trev: For me personally, HGH is definitely still somewhat newer frontier material with which I have spent LITTLE time researching mainly d/t disinterest in ever using the stuff b/c of all the original mention of its cancer-causing ability(claims).

Now, I no longer believe these claims as they are unsupported IMO; and therefore would like to explore what gh can do for me. I have spent some time in this area alone. My knowledge of GH is too "basic" at this point; so my opinion here would only be speculative at best.......although I am reading up on this stuff as we speak. ;)

PAGING......IRONMASTER!!!!!! ARE YOU THERE????

Great topic and one that no good consensus has been reached on any board that I have seen. Bump for ironmaster.

Regardless of your answer clearing that up; isn't igf-1 from gh administration still negated?

Probably not, based on blood test results I have seen. The future of controlling IGF-1 levels in aging adults will be the use of Long R3. I just don't believe that HGH administration will keep levels up as well as Long R3. For fat burning, IGF-1 is a "non-entity." I haven't seen low-dose T3 significantly reduce IGF-1 levels. This is all clinical observation of blood tests I see.

...suppose your on synthroid for a thyroid deficiency. But according to results from bloodwork your thyroid is within normal ranges. Could you do it then ?

I have had clients stop their synthroid and use Armour (a blend of T3 and T4) in its place. They have reported no problems and blood tests look normal. I wouldn't recommend synthroid users switch to cytomel, especially if thyroid blood levels are corrected with Synthroid.

And where do you get Armour ? I've never heard of it. Prescription only ? I can get T-3 from my source but T-4 ,no. Does it really help with HGH too? What are the benifits? Does it burn more fat ? Inquiring minds want to know ,mine ?

Sorry, I just saw this thread.

I have seen the research on this topic and I have discussed it with nandi in the past. Nandi looks at this the way a research scientist would, cause, well......that's what he is. I tend to see it more as a bodybuilder or athlete.
The endocrine system is incredibly complex. It abounds in redundant feedback defense mechanisms to keep everything in balence according to the grand design. Researchers usually study the impact of introducing an exogenous hormone on one of the sub-system defense mechanisms......and often the results appear negative. Exotest shuts down endotest, exoGH may cause insulin resistance, and so on.
Intead, bodybuilders and athletes are interested in knowing how to overcome the defenses as a whole, in order to achieve maximum lean muscle mass, athletic endurance and strength. Show me a study of elite bodybuilders using BIG doses of steroids, GH, insulin and T3. Well, there are none, but I don't need a study to know that today's pro's are the biggest and most ripped men to ever walk the planet......using just such a stack.
So yes, I do believe that exoGH can cause mild hypothyroidism in some folks, and I do think that exoGH and T3 is catabolic.....but I don't really care, cause I would not use just those 2 hormones alone. I'm always going to recommend using test and an oral like anavar with GH, and moderate insulin doses if insulin resistance becomes an issue (or perhaps an insulin sensitising drug), and/or a thyroid med if hypothyroidism is present. Not everyone has problems that require all this. I have rarely felt the need to use T3, with or without GH, to stay lean.
I'm results oriented, and each individual needs to experiment a little with his/her own system to find out what works best for them. You will never make it to the gym if you try to put it all together from the research.

Drveejay.....yet another great thread starter. You are really good at this........and too modest to show all your knowledge.

Last edited:
ironmaster said:
Sorry, I just saw this thread.

I have seen the research on this topic and I have discussed it with nandi in the past. Nandi looks at this the way a research scientist would, cause, well......that's what he is. I tend to see it more as a bodybuilder or athlete.
The endocrine system is incredibly complex. It abounds in redundant feedback defense mechanisms to keep everything in balence according to the grand design. Researchers usually study the impact of introducing an exogenous hormone on one of the sub-system defense mechanisms......and often the results appear negative. Exotest shuts down endotest, exoGH may cause insulin resistance, and so on.
Intead, bodybuilders and athletes are interested in knowing how to overcome the defenses as a whole, in order to achieve maximum lean muscle mass, athletic endurance and strength. Show me a study of elite bodybuilders using BIG doses of steroids, GH, insulin and T3. Well, there are none, but I don't need a study to know that today's pro's are the biggest and most ripped men to ever walk the planet......using just such a stack.
So yes, I do believe that exoGH can cause mild hypothyroidism in some folks, and I do think that exoGH and T3 is catabolic.....but I don't really care, cause I would not use just those 2 hormones alone. I'm always going to recommend using test and an oral like anavar with GH, and moderate insulin doses if insulin resistance becomes an issue (or perhaps an insulin sensitising drug), and/or a thyroid med if hypothyroidism is present. Not everyone has problems that require all this. I have rarely felt the need to use T3, with or without GH, to stay lean.
I'm results oriented, and each individual needs to experiment a little with his/her own system to find out what works best for them. You will never make it to the gym if you try to put it all together from the research.

Drveejay.....yet another great thread starter. You are really good at this........and too modest to show all your knowledge.

Baddah BUMP for an excellent perspective on this. Good stuff IM ;)

Great post Ironmaster.

I've been thinking the same thing the whole time I was reading the thread: why wouldn't I be on a steroid if I was also using hGH & T3 for weightloss?!?

And to take something you said a bit further, I'd love to read a study about the effects and optimum ratio of Test, hGH, insulin and T3 used together by a BB! :)

I'm hoping Nandi will be the one to do this when his time comes.

Meanwhile, I think there will be some valuable information to come from the Rutger's study.....top of this page........
That thing is really in-depth.

WOW!
great info fellas....thanx to all involved.
best education i have received in a while on the uses HGH/T-3/AAS!!

god bless

Shit this thread is old. Thanks for bumping it up though, was an interesting read...

What do you guys think about using T3 in conjunction with HGH if you are running slin aswell?

Or, would a better idea be to run gh/slin for a few weeks(4?), then rotate to gh/t3 for another 4, then back to gh/slin? (Wondering about both on and off cycle.)

Cheers

Read "Thyroid Power" By Richard L. Shames M.D. and Karilee Halo Shames R.N Ph.D

You can still get normal readings (Thyroid Tests) and have low thyroid production.

Very informative book.

Blue

Back