Weird lab results - could they be accurate?

Hoodlum

So, I just got my latest labs back.

I'm about 88kg/195lb, maybe 9% body fat, and I've been taking 200mg/week test cyp in 2 x 100mg doses every 3.5 days for years now. I take 0.25mg adex E3D, and HCG semi-sporadically at 250IU when I remember.

Last bloods were about 18 months ago, where my total T trough value came back around 1400. Bit high, but thought it was fine.

I've just had my bloods done again, nothing has changed in my regimen, except this time my trough value is 1870! E2 is up at 62, which is a little high, but if that T level is accurate, not surprising.

That seems a bit suspiciously high, for 200mg/week doesn't it?

Based on this, I need to knock about 33% off my dose.

Your labs seem very high for that dose. I take a similar regimen and my through is around 1000-1100 usually.

Was your E2 an ultra sensitive test? I take .25 mg of anastrozole every day (1.75 mg weekly), and I test out around 30 on an ultra sensitive test.

I would believe your numbers. Sometimes I draw a little more on accident and probably take 220-250 mg weekly. My through then jumps to over 1400. Could this be happening to you? Just a thought.

could be slighlty off dose gear if its UGL,
could just be that it released at a different rate.

either way, for long term its probably a good idea to drop that dose.

Long esters build up in the body a lot more than people think they do. I would skip a dose and then resume at reduced dosage.

Thanks for the responses guys.

It was not sensitive assay - unfortunately, it's not offered in the UK.

I've got 0.5ml syringes, so at 250mg/ml it's on the dot of the 0.4ml line for 100mg every time I take a shot. It could indeed be overdosed, this particular batch.

Agree, I don't want to run it this high long term (although I suspect it's already been around this for at least a year).

And yes, skip a dose and resume on 33% seemed the best plan to me as well. Adex does I think ought to be ok where it is, because lower T is going to mean less E2.

Cheers

also, remember that testosterone blood testing is never accurate. the only way to get a completely accurate reading would be to donate 3 different days at 3 different times or a urine specialty test. Of course 99% of clinics wont do this so take your levels with a grain of salt!

Dr B

Please post an update as I think I am experiencing something similar. I'll have labs in 2 days. My doc prescribed RX from Walgreens changed from a 10Ml bottle to a 1Ml bottle and I suspect my levels have shot up (ED issues).

Please post an update as I think I am experiencing something similar. I'll have labs in 2 days. My doc prescribed RX from Walgreens changed from a 10Ml bottle to a 1Ml bottle and I suspect my levels have shot up (ED issues).

What did your blood results come in at? hitting par on everything?

Back