CG Wm-up
275x2

Cuff Work inbetween wm-up sets

Shirt Work
315x3
385x3
455x3
495x3
the 3rd rep was really shitty i was out of postion after the second and prolly shouldnt have attempted a 3rd (more like a half rep anyway)..I got big air on the first rep and almost touched..wanna work on getting 3 clean reps with this weight..

was going to do just some 4 brd work but forget my band and couldnt find anything or anyone to hold the brds..figureds it was a good time to do less volume..

Lockouts
up to 525x3 solid pauses

Lat Pulls to belly
4x10 up to225

DE SQ/DL

Speed Squats
9x2@405 + 90#Chain

Speed Pulls
6x1@315+90# Chain
30 seconds rest

HS Rows
3x15@2pps+25

Incline Sits
up to 45x10

Preachers(machine)
50x18??? RP

I pulled in my briefs today..felt pretty good was able to get to the bar no problems..Good speed on the squats was supposed to use 415 whatever..guess ill jsut keep the percents 50-55-60..
Think i will take this weeks ME day off, not completely jsut going to do some heavy assistance work but not going to hit maxes

pullinbig said:
nice squats. those raw?

nope always use the briefs..its too easy at least for me to mess up a hip..ive already got a slight nagging hip that just wont go away..i need to start warming up with briefs on i usually go to about 315 and then suit up but its killing me now
ive got a bigger pair of frantz briefs on the way for training as ive grown very nicely into the metals LOL..

pullinbig said:
i said joe bayles someone else said Jim Wendler. bb dont know. =0l
iv gotten more ?'s on this avi than the last one with the buble butt
seems their may be a lot more :gay: here thatn i thought lol

DE Bench
Circa Max #3

Cuff Work

Speed bench
Doubled Purples + Doubled Minis
115x3x2
120x3x1
130x3x3

Tate Presses
30,40,45,55 x10

Side Delt Machine
3x10

Hammer bent Over Row
6 platesx10x3

1 more week of the heavy abnds then its deload time..I may or may deload next week teh last 2 sets were extremely difficult especially on the 3 rd rep..If i dont feel good on ME day then im deloading next week..If everything is fine on ME day then ill stick with the original plan

ME SQ/DL
no maxes today just do some assistance not too light not to heavy

Wide Arched GM's
315x5
315x8
no belt

Bottom up Zerchers
135x10
225x5
315x3
I forgot how much fun these were..if my damn tendonitis were better i would do them more often..hell maybe ill just do them anyway

Pull-thru
stackx12x3

CSR
3plates10x2
Shrugs
545x8

Incline sits
static hold for 2 solid seconds
up to 45lbsx5x2

Cable Side bends
stack x10

jcp2 said:
When do you see if the heavy band tension worked?

ive already felt carryover to ME dat last week..
my lockout was so much stronger...

ill prolly do heavy bands next week then a deload week then really try for a max in the shirt so thats what 3 weeks?

blackbeard said:
ive already felt carryover to ME dat last week..
my lockout was so much stronger...

ill prolly do heavy bands next week then a deload week then really try for a max in the shirt so thats what 3 weeks?

Cool, i woud like to see if it works. Do you ever do your boards with bands, i did them for the fist time last week and liked them.

jcp2 said:
Cool, i woud like to see if it works. Do you ever do your boards with bands, i did them for the fist time last week and liked them.

no but it is something i want to add..but dont wanna hit bands twice in te same week..

what did you use minis or purples?

blackbeard said:
no but it is something i want to add..but dont wanna hit bands twice in te same week..

what did you use minis or purples?

I used the minis, it was more than enough, lol. I will give it another shot tonight, hopefully i am a little better. I was all over the place with minis and 315 last week.

jcp2 said:
I used the minis, it was more than enough, lol. I will give it another shot tonight, hopefully i am a little better. I was all over the place with minis and 315 last week.
ill give it a whirl soon

ME Bench

Cuff Work
CG wm-up
275x2

Shirt Work
365x5
435x3
495x2 shitty groove went to low
505x2 better almost touched
515x1 locked out real quick

4-Brd
225x8
275x6
315x5
335x3

Lockouts
up to 525x3

Lat Pulls
3x10
used a different handle today and wow can i really feel it in the middle upper back..gonna use it from now on..

I think ive had a break through in my bench work..Ive been seeing carryover from DE day to ME day. Its been finding the right weight to use on DE day..I really feel the strength speed cycle is paying big dividends

yo bb what is the westside workout.i have been looking into changing my routine and i dont really get the system by looking at your journal.i know you do dynamic and max days rotated,and max explains itself but dynamic,reps,sets thats where i get lost.i aint the sharpest tool in the shed so stuff has to be sllloooowwweeedd wwaaayyy dooowwnn.anyway just asking.thanks for the info!

Back