Westside Rules

DE SQ/DL

Speed squats
15" Box
I used my Viking suit with straps down and no briefs underneath just to get back in the groove of it..I wet her down really good and it was still hard to get to the box
8x2@435 +90#Chain

Sumo Deads
in suit as well no belt
singles with short rest
405 +90#chain 1x4

Conventional Deads
just chalk and my chucks
365x5 15 seconds rest 365x3

AB Pull Downs
70x15x4

Pretty good session..i know i had about 2-3 bad reps in my work sets but other than that everything went well

DE bench

Cuff Work
SPeed bench
doubled purples +doubled minis +155x shit lol
well what a disaster tonite..things did not feel right..i was unable to get my 3 reps for the sets, form was off..dont know if it was just too damn hot in the gym but its not an excuse..learned a lesson though..2 weeks of te heavy bands was great 3 maybe too much..ill see how i feel on ME day,either way doesnt matter deload next week anyway..

Tate Presses
30,40,50,60 x10
70's x7 no 65 LB DB's in my gym wtf did they go?? lol

Nautilus Bent over rows
6plates x10
8plates x7

Seated Side Lateral Machine
3x10

Biceps
2x15

lol, bands suck when you are just not up to par that day. At least you learned somethign.

jcp2 said:
lol, bands suck when you are just not up to par that day. At least you learned somethign.

tell me about it..
next time either start a little lighter so i can get 3 weeks
or use a little less band tension..

better yet i was thinking of dropping the minis next time around using the purples and prolly 1 set of chain per side

blackbeard said:
tell me about it..
next time either start a little lighter so i can get 3 weeks
or use a little less band tension..

better yet i was thinking of dropping the minis next time around using the purples and prolly 1 set of chain per side

I have heard peopel talking about it lately alot, chains and bands. I used the purples for pin presses about 3 iches from my chest and liked them alot. I have no sumo rack now, and the dumbells are clear on the other side of the gym, so i doubt my lazy ass will be doing them now.

jcp2 said:
I have heard peopel talking about it lately alot, chains and bands. I used the purples for pin presses about 3 iches from my chest and liked them alot. I have no sumo rack now, and the dumbells are clear on the other side of the gym, so i doubt my lazy ass will be doing them now.

Im gonna give the boards with minis a go in 2 weeks or so like you said
i have to lug the bells over to squat with bands....sucks

ME SQ/DL

Concentric Goodmorning's
455x2
495x1
515x1
535x missx2
455x3
First time in a long time ive failed to make a PR on GM's..havent done these in quite some time...old PR was 535 at this level

Dimel Deads
275x15x3

Pull-thru
doubled Green +130lbs
2x8

Ab Pull Downs
60,70,80,80,100,110 all for 10 reps

Sheet i forgot to hit some lats..ahh thats fine get some in on friday

blackbeard said:
thnkx bubba
so you gonna be hittin it with travis for a bit huh? thats cool
whens your next meet?

bench only sept 10. then back to full power in dec. dropping down to 275s for full power.

ME Bench

Cuff Work
CG wm-ups
275x3

Shirt Work
365x5
435x3 few inches from touching..had the shirt pulled real high..and didnt like it. messes with my groove too much
495x1 left the shirt pulled high very very close to touching..but again i dont like the groove of it..i feel im stronger benching lower
515x1
525x1
just farting around with shirt placement..i think ill get stronger and use more weight rather than pulling the shirt higher in order to touch..heavy bands also played a role as weights felt a little heavier than normal..but i expected that!

5-brd
225x8
275x5
315x3
335x3
375x3
385x3
395x3

Lockouts
545x3

Lat Pulls
3x10

i adjust my shirt dependng on the weight. for my opener ill pull it up. obviously for heavy weight ill load it up. i think learning to bench in it in all positions is a good idea. that's the great part of open back shirts is the adjustablilty.

thats my 2ml anyway. =0l

pullinbig said:
i adjust my shirt dependng on the weight. for my opener ill pull it up. obviously for heavy weight ill load it up. i think learning to bench in it in all positions is a good idea. that's the great part of open back shirts is the adjustablilty.

thats my 2ml anyway. =0l

i always do as well
but today i decided to elave it high and see what happens..the Viking has less room to adjust than say a Karins or Inzer DD..theres just less material..the shirt barely comes to the waist it doesnt have the length of a typical denim..

anyway it just didnt have that pop like it normally does when i pull it a little lower..just gonna have to get stronger and use more weight mid 5's no problem

yeah the higher you wear it the less you get from the shirt. since i got mine back from karin I cant adjust as much either cause it fits like a glove. plus im holding major water right now for some odd reason. went from 292 to 301 in one week, go figure. :D

DE SQ/DL

Speed Squats
60-90 secs rest
6x2@215 + Green + Purple
really good speed today and the groove was perfect..i think the chains really helped and im seeing my form getting much better with this DE cycle..the big test will be to get 605 off the box then ill know its the bomb

Deads (raw)
385x5 15 seonds rest
385x3

GM's (narrow)
2x10@185

CSR
2plates+25 4x15

Ab Pull DOwns
3x15@80
Cable Side Bends
150x15x2

DE Bench

Cuff Work
Speed bench
8x3@205

Tate Presses
5x10@50's

Side Delt Machine
80x15x3

BB Rows
185x10x4

Biceps
3x15

ME SQ/DL

Rack Pulls against doubled minis
495x2
545x1
585x1
605x1
625xmiss
625x1
had a little knee ache yesterday maybe from benching??? so i pulled from knee level rather than going below the knee..seemed to be ok..
dont really no what the tension was on the bands but i would imagine its close to 100 at the top..

Arched GM's
225x8
275x8
315x6
315x9

45* raises
Green and Purple bands
3x8

Hammer High Rows
3ppsx10x3

Ab Pull downs
up to 110x10