What do YOU eat before bedtime??

And most of us do Biggie..............just more concerned whether people try to use casein protein (i.e., milk protein is 80% casein, 20% whey) in combination with whey protein, like the article suggests.

Anyone ever noticed a difference in muslce preservation by using this type of strategy.........or will any ol' protein do?

By the way Biggie, I checked out DCN...........already ordered 2 jars of GPlenish...........great selection of protein powders, which one do you recommend? Prices cant be beat either.

J steel said:
And most of us do Biggie..............just more concerned whether people try to use casein protein (i.e., milk protein is 80% casein, 20% whey) in combination with whey protein, like the article suggests.

Anyone ever noticed a difference in muslce preservation by using this type of strategy.........or will any ol' protein do?

By the way Biggie, I checked out DCN...........already ordered 2 jars of GPlenish...........great selection of protein powders, which one do you recommend? Prices cant be beat either.

Thank you for using DCN for your bb'ing needs.

As far as what Protein I use, currently Im using the SportLab 100% Whey Chocolate Supreme flavor but Im thinking of giving the Pure Isolate a try since Grafix-gnc says its really good.

I use milk protein. I've read a ton of articles in t-mag and elsewhere (I'm also a John Berardi fan) and all the ones that go beyond "whey absorbs faster" recommend milk protein. Pretty much the same argument everywhere. I remember one of the most convincing points one of the writers made was that the study that all the whey manufacturers use to say that whey is the best because it absorbs fastest, actually showed that while that was true, milk produced a more anabolic state for a longer period of time. You should look for the study if you want to settle it for yourself once and for all.

Oh, one more thing, I do use 40g whey isolate PWO, with 40g dextrose and 40g maltodextrin.

RB

60 grams of whey and sometimes a tsp of natural peanut butter.

Or

3 cups of low fat cottage cheese, because it digest slowly thoughout the night.

Arby, sounds like you have your shit in order. What brand milk protein do you use and anyplace cheap to buy it?

House, LMAO bro!

Since your goal is to prevent overnight catabolism, you can use casein...

J.B also said: "it may be safe to say that most animal proteins are probably similar to casein in their slow digestion and absorption profiles" so maybe it doesn't matter.

Also, if protein availability increases, gastric emptying rate slows down, so try to take in 50 (or more) grams of protein...

http://www.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/130/9/2312

Carbs can also decrease gastric emptying rate...

http://www.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/129/4/890

J steel said:
Arby, sounds like you have your shit in order. What brand milk protein do you use and anyplace cheap to buy it?

House, LMAO bro!

Protein factory's milk protein is reasonably priced, tastes good (I use strawberry), and doesn't foam up at all... nor does it give me gas and I tend to have problems with (real) milk. The only thing you should be aware of is that it requires a bit more water than whey protein, it mixes up thicker. Tastes better, though.

RB

Back