Votes: 38 11.0%
  • Top NPC Competitor

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Natural BB

Votes: 19 5.5%
  • Just trying to look good

Votes: 265 77.0%

• Total voters
as far as the original question you left out the powerlifters , wheres the love :D , im a blue collar man all the way , just like MR. T toilet paper im ruff and tuff and dont take shit off of anybody :D , j/k , i like working with a bunch of other guys and when the shit gets deep and something really heavy needs lifted , every one of them turn and look at me there is no doubt in their mind who is the man , i call myself a powerlifter but i havent competed and dont know if i will , ive just always been strong from a kid hauling hay on up and i like the respect that brings , i never bullied or threatened , didnt have to even if i was the type [ im not ] , someday someone younger and stronger will come along into my crowd at work , until then im still THE MAN ;)

Currently I am just a Amateur Competitor. But eventually want to be Top NPC, then maybe Pro....if I am lucky!!

For now my big goal is just to be Top NPC, and make money doing it!!

Plus I love the attention it brings!!

DADAWG said:
damn you two need to get a room :p and if you dont care leave the door unlocked:3some: :D

No prob, bro!! But you're only allowed to watch. And any proceeds you receive from this, we get a residual!

I'm not sure if I'll ever compete or not but I want the look of a ranked amateur bodybuilder. A friend of mine competes on the amateur level and looks phenomenal. The crazy thing is he maintains about a 7% bf year round and has 19" arms cold. He's also 5'9" and about 210. Since I'm 5'11" I'd like to maintain about 230lbs @ <10%bf

I'll try to dig up some pics.

Last edited:
I found his pic. This is a friend of mine before the Ironman amateur contest. He's not that far off from this year round. He's 195lbs and probably 4% I'd guess whereas he's normally 210 @ 7%.

I love the fact that even though I'm tall and a little lanky I'm stronger than most normal people in the gym. I think i would rather be extremly strong and shredded rather than huge. although huge would be nice if I could get there. I guess I will have to settle for disproportionatly strong for my body type rather that huge.

jyzza said:
Very nice bro...He looks great..

I agree, but you wanna know the craziest thing about it? This was his first cycle in 7 years. He had done one previous cycle 7 years prior to this contest and remained drug free that whole time while maintaining an awesome physique. He did a 16 week bulker/cutter for this contest and placed 3rd I think in LHW Novice.

That's weird I coulda sworn I replied. Anyway, you might have seen him if you've gone to any amateur shows in the Bay. He competed in the SF show last year. I'm not sure which show he'll do this year.

I'm a weekend warrior and proud of it. I make certain to do chest workouts in front of the cardio room every Saturday, and most certainly grunt as loud as I can to let everyone know that I am there. My sweat pants are by Sean John, My gloves match my towel, and my gold is blingin'' for days. I make certain not to break a sweat, and I know everyone in the gym and I make certain that everyone knows that I know everyone in the gym. I sit on equipment and chit chat for 10-20 minutes at a time. Furthermore, I enjoy long walks across the gym to the water fountains to top of my water bottle as I never want it to get less than half full. I also make certain to hang around the front desk and chit chat with the women that work there as well.

Who am I? I am a TRUE Weekend Warrior!!

:afro:

Last edited:
mvmaxx said:
That's weird I coulda sworn I replied. Anyway, you might have seen him if you've gone to any amateur shows in the Bay. He competed in the SF show last year. I'm not sure which show he'll do this year.

I was actually going to do that show. I did the San Jose show which was 6 weeks prior. I will hopefully be doing the Contra Costa in 2004 as a Novice HW.

crazymike said:
I was actually going to do that show. I did the San Jose show which was 6 weeks prior. I will hopefully be doing the Contra Costa in 2004 as a Novice HW.

Are you going to the Contra this year? I have a few friends competing so I'll be down there.

diverse_guy said:
I'm a weekend warrior and proud of it. I make certain to do chest workouts in front of the cardio room every Saturday, and most certainly grunt as loud as I can to let everyone know that I am there. My sweat pants are by Sean John, My gloves match my towel, and my gold is blingin'' for days. I make certain not to break a sweat, and I know everyone in the gym and I make certain that everyone knows that I know everyone in the gym. I sit on equipment and chit chat for 10-20 minutes at a time. Furthermore, I enjoy long walks across the gym to the water fountains to top of my water bottle as I never want it to get less than half full. I also make certain to hang around the front desk and chit chat with the women that work there as well.

Who am I? I am a TRUE Weekend Warrior!!

:afro:

I would say I know who you are but I'm having trouble narrowing it down to the 20 people at my gym that fit that description. Maybe you could be a lil more specific.

-Do you hang out with a bunch of friends in wife beaters, sternum-thumping 135lbs off your chest on the flat bench?
-Or are you the guy that wears a weight belt when curling the straight bar with a pair of 10's on it all while managing to occupy the squat rack?
-Or are you that guy with the posse that does shrugs with the 60lb dumbbells and has the 55's, 50's, 45's and 40's strewn about all over the floor and grunts so loud you can hear it from the locker room?

Wait....nevermind, that's really not narrowing it down at all. :tounge2:

Back