What to choose

Some more valuable reading for you................

What appears below was developed by a number of our good friends at www.anabolicfitness.com, the link is http://www.anabolicfitness.net/library/age.htm.

Veteran Consensus Statement on the age of initiation of Anabolic use.

Anabolic steroids promote strength gain, muscle synthesis, and increased metabolic capacity. Their responsible, moderate use improves athletic performance, cosmetic appearance, and perceived social opportunity and self-esteem. However, anabolics achieve their effects by perturbing the human endocrine system, a complex feedback mechanism of glands and organs that are, in healthy and youthful persons, in an exquisite state of natural balance. Compounds like anabolic steroids that alter this balance are appropriate for use only by mature, well-trained athletes who understand these drugs, their risks and their benefits. Except in the case of prospective users of clear promise for national or international ranking in a sport, realistically hopeful for the kinds of benefits such ranking confers, the following should be characteristic of anyone, of any age, prior to the addition of anabolic steroids to a training regime:

1. PHYSICAL MATURITY. Anabolics can, through either direct or indirect effects, cause premature closure of the epiphyseal plates (“growth plates”) at the end of bone, an irreversible effect that may result in permanently shorter stature than the athlete would otherwise achieve. Therefore, the athlete should have reached full physical stature and maturity of the skeleton before contemplating anabolic use. In most cases, full stature is not reached until the very late teens and, in many cases, development of both long skeletal bones and joint assemblies (hips and shoulders) continues into the early 20's, development of the larynx (“voicebox”) into the mid-20’s.

2. SIGNIFICANT MATURE MUSCULARITY. Anabolics have poor effect, or transitory effect, on athletes in mediocre condition; in addition, their tendency to boost muscle strength ahead of the strength of supporting tendons and ligaments can lead to debilitating injury in athletes without substantial prior training. Therefore, the athlete should have accumulated a significant amount of mature muscle mass and tendon strength through a dedicated program of resistance training prior to beginning anabolic use. Recognizing that there is substantial individual variability in training efficiency and effects, a minimum of 3 years, perhaps as many as 7, of dedicated weight training is required to achieve this necessary physical foundation, on which anabolics can be used safely and to best effect.

3. THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE. Anabolics are not a substitute for proper technique or applied knowledge of the basics of exercise physiology. Therefore, the athlete considering the use of anabolics should have a very thorough and detailed knowledge of lifting technique, dietary practice, recuperative processes, and hormonal and nonhormonal supplementation, and should if possible prepare for the use of anabolics under the guidance of a trusted mentor who has mastered these issues. In particular, the athlete should have an excellent understanding of the uses, effects, and risk profiles of anabolics, and should be thoroughly conversant with the kinds of ancillary agents that minimize side-effects and speed post-cycle recovery. Recognizing that there is substantial individual variability in the pace at which this knowledge is acquired, at least a year of arduous study and reading is necessary to understand anabolics and post-cycle recovery, and at least 4 years of practice is required to establish the requisite knowledge base of lifting technique, recuperation, and diet.

4. PSYCHOLOGICAL MATURITY. Anabolic steroids can have marked effect on mood and disposition, either during the cycle of active use, or its aftermath. Therefore, the athlete considering the use of anabolics should have the psychological health and maturity that will enable him or her to use anabolics with minimal social, psychological, and legal risk to both him/herself and his/her network of partners and collaborators. In addition, the athlete should be firm enough in purpose and balanced enough in approach to understand not only how and when to initiate use of anabolics, but how and when to curtail or abandon use safely should that need arise.

The use of anabolic steroids is unwise for persons who have not satisfied these prerequisites, though exceptions may be made in cases of very unusual athletic promise. While not a function of mere calendar age per se, it is unarguable that, on average, the likelihood that these conditions will have been met increases as the age of the prospective anabolic user increases.

For the reasons adduced above, the following statement of consensus opinion is made:

Allowing for substantial individual variability, and with the exception of cases of truly outstanding athletic promise, the athlete considering the use of anabolics should be socially and physically mature, psychologically healthy, and should have completed 4 to 7 years of dedicated, mentored training in strength/endurance athletics and study in lifting technique, dietary practices, recuperation skills and supplementation. In most cases, the athlete will have reached the age of 21 before these prerequisites are in place, recognizing that many athletes will not have achieved the necessary experience, physical maturity, and psychic balance until their mid-20's or even later

At 16 you may still be genetically predisposed to grow a few more inches. The increased estrogen a heavy androgen cycle will produce may just stunt any further growth potential in height.

If you desire to play ball in college you'll want all the height you can get.

If it were me, I would take only Arimidex, it will increase your body's natural test and lower your natural estrogen production. This could actually have the affect of causing you to grow a bit taller than you normally would.

Last edited:
I respect your points totally......but i am DEFINATLY not genetically predispositioned to grow anymore.....really.....My dads 5'8 and my moms 5'7, my sisters 5'2 and my uncles are generally all under 5'10 but i have two that are my hight (6'1) my expected hight is 6'2...But i really like the sound of Arimidex.....Becuase a lower estrogen level would be good and growing more would be great. But i seriusly doubt that "the supplier" would have it......one question i have....my friend says D-bols doesnt have any form testosterone in it......i disagree

oh yeah i knew a kid who juiced and he tore the bone off of his leg becuase of his muscle was to strong for his tendons

Derexan said:
..But i really like the sound of Arimidex.....Becuase a lower estrogen level would be good and growing more would be great.

Arimidex will NOT make you grow taller.

Did you not read the two posts I put up for you to read about steroids and age ??

links didnt work but.........do you really think ONE cycle would harm me that bad....because thats all id probably do

Derexan said:
links didnt work but.........do you really think ONE cycle would harm me that bad....because thats all id probably do

Yes I do.....and even if you don't do any permanent damage, until your diet and training are in order, for a few years, you are not going to make any significant gains anyways.

You have to remember (or learn in your case), that steroids are not some magic potion. In the whole equation of training, diet, rest and supplementation, they represent maybe only 5%.

my training is very solid.....I dont just dazzle around the weightroom doing bicep curls....I dont have my lifting sheet on me now but i can give you the basic idea of what it is like. Day one, Bench press, power Clean and some auxillary lifts . day two is like parrel squat, hang clean and some auxillary lifts. Day three i cant reall remember but its like Towel bench, full squat and things like that i cant really remember. And i will mix in running in there too,maybe some plyometrics . havent lifted in two weeks becuase the pre season has started and i have absolutly NO time to do it once the season swings into full gear i will resume my training... My diet is pretty good, 1 protien shake a day, and lots of carbs... i think my diet and training is in good order.

Derexan said:
.. My diet is pretty good, 1 protien shake a day, and lots of carbs... i think my diet and training is in good order.

Ok......how many grams a day of Protein, Carbs and Fat do you consume ??

Secondly, you're 16 yrs , 6'1" & 219 lbs, any idea of your % body fat ??

I would guess about 80 grams of protien a day, i eat like triple the recommended amount of carbs, and fat about 35 at most.I dont really count to the gram of what i intake but i have a general idea of what i eat.. I honestly dont know my BFP, i went to my Docs office and my gym and they both dont do it so i dont know that. And oh yeah, I'm about 217 lbs now so ive lost about 11 or 12 lbs since the begging of preseason . And my weight continues to drop so i will probably be around 210 by the end of the season i'm guessing. I realize when you do steroids your eating has to be increased and what you eat has to change.....I can do that easily dieting is easy for me..

Derexan said:
I would guess about 80 grams of protien a day,

There lies a big problem in making any mass gains. Increase your protein intake to at least 200 g/day and watch yourself grow.

See............no need for steroids !!

MAN,Don't do any juice now, wait till 24. You can ruin your organs, sine they are developing right now!!!!!!!!!! YOU NEED THOSE. People like you are the ones that give steroids a bad name, if you do steroids right now!!!!!! Becaue then you here in the news how this teenager did this and he was on steroids. Bro, stick with creatine for now!!!!!!!!

This is why steroids were made illegal. For kids like this, I believe prohormones should be done away with as well. Kids wanna use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and eat 80 grams protein/day.............................amazing.

80 grams of protein is way too low. I get at least 400. You should be getting 200, minimum. And it has to come from food, not just shakes. Ground beef, chicken, and eggs are my primary protein sources.

I tried creatine....I dosed it properly, one table spoon a day, which equals 4 grams of creatine......It made me feel absolutly horrible and i was sick...I got cramps and diahreah......I dont really know how much protien i get im just guessing, i dont know how much grams of protien are in normal food, i just know how much protien are on things with label on the back.

The reason you dont know how many grams of anything is because you dont care enough. When you are actually serious in getting strong you will research the shit out of everything you do relating to building mass and getting strong. How can you honestly say you want to juice when you dont even take the time to research your diet.

i just started to reasearch my diet this afternoon.... Breakfast: 2 servings of oatmeal; 16 grams of protien ( i use milk and a little bit of water in it) aprox 70 g carbs, 6 grams of fat, Then throught the day i have had two glasses of chololate milk, thats 16 grams of protien and 5 grams of fat....one gatorade in the morning, thats 28 carbs...For lunch i had chicken pot pie 16 grams of fat, (5 sat. fat) 30 carbs, 12g of protien......then just a few mins ago i had one protien shake.. 61 grams of protien, 6.5 grams of fat 24g of carbs......lets add that up thats 104 grams of protien 33.5 grams of fat. and 152 grams of Carbs.... how am i looking, its 2:00 PM right now.

Derexan said:

Yes, one cycle certainly could hurt you that bad. And if all you want to do is one cycle, then you could certainly wait, waiting a couple of years wouldn't harm you that bad, would it?

The only positive I see is that if in fact you do go ahead and do this, at least you started doing some kind of research for it.

And yes, this stuff is illegal, but gear isn't recreational, we aren't reckless with this stuff. How many potheads do you know that scour medical journals and form chat boards just to discuss the safest, most effective ways to do things? So just because you want us to be reckless doesn't mean we will be to satisfy your wants.

By the way, keep up your research. And not just gear, I'm talking about methods of working out, diet, etc.

TxLonghorn said:
Yes, one cycle certainly could hurt you that bad. And if all you want to do is one cycle, then you could certainly wait, waiting a couple of years wouldn't harm you that bad, would it?

The only positive I see is that if in fact you do go ahead and do this, at least you started doing some kind of research for it.

And yes, this stuff is illegal, but gear isn't recreational, we aren't reckless with this stuff. How many potheads do you know that scour medical journals and form chat boards just to discuss the safest, most effective ways to do things? So just because you want us to be reckless doesn't mean we will be to satisfy your wants.

By the way, keep up your research. And not just gear, I'm talking about methods of working out, diet, etc.

Tx.......that was just beautiful bro.!:D

In all reality bro., give a few years for your sake!

Back