whatman

koolaid

whats up brewers !

im trying to filter my years supply of test prop and having trouble with my zapcap

ive made a batch before and it filtered like a charm and flowed very very easily.

im using 50% GSO and 50% EO

now im using same breakdown but only filtering 100-150ml before it starts to just drip, drip drip then stop

im using a vacum pump that i plug into wall so vacum pressure inst the issue

any ideas ?

IDK man sounds like the EO is melting the filter media. Any other variables? Powder source?
What is the surface area of your filter?

IDK man sounds like the EO is melting the filter media. Any other variables? Powder source?
What is the surface area of your filter?

Too much EO for that at the temp that you're filtering at. You may have done this once before but something was different and I'm taking it your temp, type of filter, or EO concentration was different in prior brew. Locate what of those things was different and locate your problem!!
I'm gonna say it's your EO concentration!!!

I am sure you are using a new filter ???? and not the same one you used last time..

Dont get mad. I am just asking.

If its melting the media then the filter is getting clogged :(

Have you used 50gso 50eo before? I have never used EO, but i know it melts plastic if its not the right type.

And I see no mention of temperature

im using the zapcap right out of the bag ( new )

same powder as before kept in cool dry place

do you think i need those pre filters to drop in ?

ive brewed before and it all flowed so well

i went through 2 zapcaps to get about 150ml:worried:

before i have filtered 1k ml out of 1 zapcap

im stumped

50% EO causes way too many problems with bottle tops/whatman zapcap(pretty much the same thing) The max amount of EO you really want to go is 20% imo. I have some real cloudy prop that a bro sent me with 50% EO and it ate away the glues at the filter element. Gotta be careful as it'll fuck your whole batch and there's no filtering out glues/melted shit.

Heat is a catalyst with EO. It will not eat plastic as fast if it is cool.
If you're doing everything the same as last then your heat may be higher now and you just don't know it like A) you are mistaken on what heat you actually used last time or B) your temp measuring device is faulty or different from last time.

ORRRRRRR...... You're EO is contaminated this time or if new then it's not the same as the EO you got last time meaning, if the same product the manufacturer has done something different but definately something different.
Most plastics are petroleum products and these companies are cutting corners in their products derived from petroleum products because of the expenses of petroleum and the crisis with the oil disaster etc.... So the zap caps (if new and not the exact same one's you used last time) could be made with lower grade manufacturing technique to cut costs and if not any of these then try a small NORMAL dosage batch WITHOUT EO and see how it works and filters. If it works then process of elimination tells you what your problem is!!!

Back