whats the dumbest thing you ever did in the gym

I farted right in this big guys face by accident, I was millitary pressing 150 and he was sitting behind me doing seated curls

damn near parted his hair for him

haha same here

doing dumbell rows, hot girl was in back of me doing curls and i let one rip.....boy my face was red :D

i was doing close grip at my gym and they dont have any clips i was really struggling on the last rep and it went up uneven the weight came CRASHING down off the bar.and everyone was lookin at me like wtf is wrong with this idiot

Lets see....
Jumped up on a bench to curl what my friend was benchin to mock him and fell off with the weight in my hands.
Fixin the cable on fly machine, when i hooked in the cable didnt realize it was back to normal and it swung around and hit me in the head when i let go of the weight stack.
Pulled the pin on the weight stack with a heavy bar attached to it, bar comes down and hits me in the head.
We have 2 racks with preset barbells and cambered bars up to 110lbs each. I didnt set one in right at the end, and a domino effect occured makin a ton of noise and attracting all the attention at the gym.
Doin shoulder presses, i have a bad left shoulder, it popped out with 85's in my hands, dragged my arm down, and the other dumbell still in right hand was thrown over my head and to my left.
Gotten stuck and laughed at under a barbell with a packed gym. (it was 225 but still funny)

Thats just what iv done, iv seen far funnier, we have some characters at my gym. This one guy does like 3 quick sets with horrible form and light weight, quickly runs out the door and AROUND the building. Does this like 20 times then goes home drippin sweat haha. Hes a maniac its so funny.

I was spotting someone on the bench, Im not sure how it happened but the right side of the bar was still too far out and when I let go, and the weight slid out and bounced off the floor. This guy that worked at the gym had to jump out of the way to prevent his foot getting broken by a plate. It was a year ago and he still gives me dirty looks now whenever I go.

RB

I was lifting once in a gym in Paris (and for the record, there are NO good gyms in France). The shoulder press station had very narrow supports for the bar. The previous user had 45 pound plates on the bar, but I wanted to do a much lighter warm-up to lube the shoulder joints. I pulled off one of the 45 pound plates, only to watch the bar flip over and nearly smack the guy next to me who was in the smith machine. An enormous crash, and the bar barely misses a full length mirror. Turns out with this particular machine, you have to lock the bar in place before changing weights. Didn't help that it was my first day in the gym and I barely spoke the language.

A few days ago I was loading up the leg press for some heavy calf work and dropped a 45lb plate on my big toe. I try to quickly walk it off and everyone was staring at me because I looking like an idiot limping at full speed across the gym lol. I'm hopefully gonna see a doctor this weekend.

Was pulling 45s off a tree and eh, pulled off one too many, tipping it over on the other side. Thankfully it didn't dump any plates.

Being the lazy ass I am, I decided to unload all 10 plates from one side of a Cybex squat press machine at a time. I got down to around two plates and needless to say I realized what a stupid idea that was as the whole machine toppled over onto its side with the other 10 plates still on it. He haw...what a donkey....I had my buddy stand on it to level it out while I took plates off the other side.

I was stripping the bar after my squats, and I was all stupid becuase it was early in the morning, and I was beat (this was my first attempt at 4 plates on each side) anyways.. I was stripping the bar, and I was kinda zoning out, but I stripped all th eplates off of one side at once, and the bar tipped and crashed on the other side of the rack.

THe end of the bar was like.. millimeters away from my nose. LOL I swear my heart stopped beating for a sec, and The gym got all quiet, and I felt like a freakin retard.

in 2001, I was dieting REALLY bad, and I was taking a shitload of ephedrine and caffine and andro, and I was all cranky from no carbs.. anyways, I was running on the treadmill, and the cd player kept skipping, so I had to reduce my spints to jogs and try and figger out what was wrong.

Anyhow, like.. everytime the cd would skip.. the display would say 00095 and blink.. it would play like 3 seconds, and then stop again.. and I swear to god the cd player was saying "OOps!!" and taunting me.

Anyways, I got so pissed that I jumped onto the 2 rails that are beside the belt of the treadmill, ripped off the cd player, and threw it on the treadmill, adn started stomping on it.

batteries were flying everywhere, and my Destiny's Child cd rolled into the freeweight area.

The gym was dead silent.

Imagine my chagrin as I had to pick up pieces of plastic and batteries and springs everywhere.

I didnt go back to that gym for 1 year and a half.

Mine isn't nearly as good as some of these but I was doing incline and was a little tired but was only going for 6 reps at 225 and should have been fine. I was a little worn out from being at the pool, in the sun all day (maybe that's how I justify it). My 5 rep I got it 70% of the way up and that was it. No spotter. I put it on my chest, rolled it down to my waist and stood up. I didn't make any noise but somehow everyone in the gym was looking at me.

This did't happen to me and if it did, I would never admit it. I was in 11th grade and working out at the local gym. One of the jacked "pretty" boys was doing deadlift with 5 plates per side. He usually repped it for 8-10. Well I don't know what he ate earlier but he should have thought it out better. I guess he was free-ballin and when he got a little over half the way through the movement, shit all over himself and the floor. This guy was probably 35 and I would have thought he would know his body a little better than that. I didn't see him for over a month, can't say I missed him after seeing that.

One day I got to the gym and realised I forgot my workout clothes,so I said fuck and worked out anyways(my gym is a half hour from home),unfortunately it was leg day.I was wearing jean shorts,and I loaded the bar up with 315lbs and went all the way down and ripped the whole ass out of my pants,so I had to walk through the gym and back to the locker room with my underwear showing.It was a good thing I was wearing underwear!:D

[This one guy does like 3 quick sets with horrible form and light weight, quickly runs out the door and AROUND the building. Does this like 20 times then goes home drippin sweat haha. Hes a maniac its so funny]

that is some funny shit bro

roidjuice said:
My 5 rep I got it 70% of the way up and that was it.

When its like that, I can almost always throw my hands out a little more and pump it out.

I was spotting my bro while we were pyramid benching. We were at the last set of 4 reps, he had 265 on and barely got the 3rd rep up, as he exhaled a stream of spit came up and hit my nose and forehead. I ignored it and continued to motivate him. As he was pushing the forth rep up, his face was red as hell, beads of sweat pouring of his pulasting viens... you know. He looked up at me as I was motivating him only notice His spit was dripping off My nose and about to land back on his face, I announced, "Come on bro 8 more!!!" We busted into laughter, and we couldnt get the bar off his chest, 2 dudes came over to get it off of him. We must of laughed for 1/2 an hour. To this day we cant work out together because we start laughin as soon as we walk in the gym. By the way this is #1 for the hardest I ever laughed in my life, I seriously thought I was going to suffocate.

Back