When will i stop hating needles?

rainbowlifter

On my second cycle of Test E, but injecting myself isnt really becoming any easier.

I do thighs and pecs, PIP isnt a huge issue any more, but I just really hate poking the pin into myself and pressing on the plunger for a good 30-60 seconds or more.

I upped my needle gauge to 23, because I feel better with the needle in for a shorter amount of time than it takes with a 24/25.

How long did it take you guys to stop loathing the needle or were you cool with it fairly quickly?

22g seems to be my best compromise between ease of entry and ease of injection. It injects pretty quickly. I draw and pin with the same needle now and the whole process doesnt take an entire minute......for a small volume.
Always better to have someone else pin you if that's an option. What about it bothers you so much? Is it pain of injection, pain afterwards, or just the awkward act of pushing a foreign substance into your body? For me......I hate the idea of pinning way more than I hate doing it. The fact that i have made myself a slave to this really bothers me when i think about it.

If you're just doing this for cycling then that's cool. Just get thru the cycle and be glad the pinning is over :) If you cruise or trt then i feel your pain.....the shit gets old as fuck.

If you only pin when on a "cycle" then a solution to cut down on pinning is to use a long ester (cypionate or enanthate) and just pin once per week. So if you're doing 1ml twice per week then just do 2ml once per week. Then you just have to pin yourself 10 to 16 times instead of 20 to 32 times. Lol

In the end you either dont mind pinning or you hate it. Little can be done to change that. Maybe have a shot to calm your nerves before you take your hormone shot :)

Good luck bro

I go through a Love/Hate relationship with my Syringe.

So long as I can get Mckesson Needles and Syringes, I Love it, cause they are so sharp, you don't feel them.

If my supplier sends me a replacement, then I Loath injecting as sometimes I feel a Pinch.
Going in and sometimes while depressing the plunger.............................. JP
P.S.
I mostly use 25 g x 5/8" for Quads, and 27 g x 1/2" for Delts.

Yeah just cycling so at least there's an end in sight. And its more the psychological thing about the needle itself, rather than the injection, although sometimes i feel unpleasant sensations as the needle slides in, maybe jabs a little nerve or something. I also tend to shake sometimes, but I think that I just need to remind myself not to drink coffee on needle days.

I'm intrigued by the idea of dosing Test E just 1x per week instead of 2.

So i just crack open 2 vials and draw up 2cc and get it all over and done with? Im on a very standard 500mg/wk Test E cycle + HCG + adex.

I was watching a youtube of some well know juicehead pinning himself all over with massive amounts of all sorts of things. Now, I don't want to copy him in any way shape or form, but I was envious of the positive relationship he had with his needles, albeit i thought his hygiene was a little sloppy. But he was really casual and relaxed and I wish that could be me.

Last edited:
Yeah just cycling so at least there's an end in sight. And its more the psychological thing about the needle itself, rather than the injection, although sometimes i feel unpleasant sensations as the needle slides in, maybe jabs a little nerve or something. I also tend to shake sometimes, but I think that I just need to remind myself not to drink coffee on needle days.

I'm intrigued by the idea of dosing Test E just 1x per week instead of 2.

So i just crack open 2 vials and draw up 2cc and get it all over and done with? Im on a very standard 500mg/wk Test E cycle + HCG + adex.

Yes. With an ester like E you can easily just load up and do one shot per week. You blood levels of test wont be quite as flat but who really cares since its saving you half the I injections which you hate? When I cruise I do one shot per week.....when I blast I do 2.
Everyone is a little different. If I were you I would try one shot per week cycles since you are cycling with 500. So yes.....if your bottle is 250 per.ml then load up two cc, or ml, and just shoot them :) Same day every week. Worth a try.

I'm sure some of the bros here will chastise this advice but believe me, it works great for some people. Particularly at a dose of 500 or less.

Good luck bro. Lemme know if ya change and it works out for you

Cool, this weekly idea checks out from the numbers mostly. I will make the change immediately.

Wk 3 of new cycle and I feel great. Been running a sheiko 4-day wk program, and then throwing in 2-3 cardio / yoga sessions a week on top. Today I did a class which was the fruitiest dancerise type class I could possibly imagine but felt good after, even after 1.5 hours of powerlifting.

Last edited:
It comes and goes, more often than not i dont care.
I've done everyday injections for 4 months and at the end I fucking hated it but not so much the needle, just the daily ritual.

For me I have this affair with the needle and syringe , better known to me by " my Works". .. :(

This is from my old days of mainlining drugs. I haven't done that in many years now :) I go back as far as using glass works, oops , syringe. I've mentioned on here before my dad an M.D., taught me how to draw blood , the does and don'ts and how to feel for a vein when you can't see it or a faint visual etc... If any one has used glass you would know. MY buddies used to have me do their injections because, I hardly ever missed.

OK, just in case of rules, my disclaimer if you will I don't advocate the drugs and mainlining ( IV)of anything. :nono:

So ya see my whole experience is Quite unique maybe not a good thing. However I realize the fears and anxiety the needle can make people cringe and shake etc.. When I do prop I have this feeling that OH, I just got off and ready to go train. Ha... :insane: It's in my head :Pat:

That's my feelings on the mater :wavey:
OMM

PS: oh listen santa what [FONT=Arial Black I like is the ritual[/FONT]
... I know better after these years , not to think , one slip on dosage and or hitting a vein and think , OH am gonna die here...? Oh a little air or blood or oil in my vein will kill me dead. Nope. All I think of is draw , pin and push the plunger and done. ... :) takes literally less then 4-5 min for me and DONE. NO mess no bother.

Last edited:
Yes. With an ester like E you can easily just load up and do one shot per week. You blood levels of test wont be quite as flat but who really cares since its saving you half the I injections which you hate? When I cruise I do one shot per week.....when I blast I do 2.
Everyone is a little different. If I were you I would try one shot per week cycles since you are cycling with 500. So yes.....if your bottle is 250 per.ml then load up two cc, or ml, and just shoot them :) Same day every week. Worth a try.

I'm sure some of the bros here will chastise this advice but believe me, it works great for some people. Particularly at a dose of 500 or less.

Good luck bro. Lemme know if ya change and it works out for you

Went and jammed the 2.5ml of test E oil into my quadricep this morning. Thats an awful lot of fluid but I feel good knowing I don't have to worry about it until next Monday.

I use Insulin 25 gauge needle less pain longer process getting oils through but a better approach for the hate I have of so many years and so many drilled holes with regular 23's needles.

So I went and donated blood today as I am almost mid-cycle and I've seen bros advocating this before, and did it last time too. Hemoglobin was up at 18.5 which means I donated just in time I guess.

Needle from blood donation still much better than a Test E shot IMO.

Took me 15 years of intense therapy and weekly support meetings. I can finally say Ive made peace with needles besides occasional nightmares.

Back