Which is the best secure email web site?

Captain Dbol

I've tried to download hushmail and cyber rights engines but I get to the screen where I have to wait to download and nothing happens? I've got AOL and wonder if that has something to do with it? I'm wondering if these web sites are the best for security and maybe if one of you kind fellas could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? (I'm not too computer swavy). I know nobody wants to communicate without it so it's been pretty quiet on this end. I was pretty fortunate that I had a couple of bros to help out and communicate with my yahoo account but since then they want a secure email account. Any help to resolve this problem is appreciated. Thanx.

Captain

I use Anonymizer. Only like $99 a year and you get to surf the Net, email and use IRC all without anyone knowing your IP addy.. There are lots to choose from but most like cyber-rights..

Hope this helps

If you are EXTREMELY concerned about privacy sign up for an like ziplip or cyber-rights, but DO NOT use them from your home/work computer. Use an internet cafe, I use a coffee shop about 10 minutes away for absolute privacy. Most internet cafe's do not have any type of monitoring software. Remember no matter who you decide to use...if a warrant is issued, EVERY company must comply with the warrant and release the requested info...they primarily look for IP addy's...thus do not use your home/work computer, if is that important anyway.

Try Secret Builder...it has 512 bit encrypttion that requires you to give a key to the recepeint before they can view the message.

Just my two cents...that and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee..HA!

Don't most people use ziplip or cyber-rights from their home computer? I'm not a big fish and don't have any info so I'm not worried about warrants. I tried again to download them but it's not working! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanx

Captain

Just use your home computer, its pretty safe, all you have to do is remove the mail permnently, and also every once in a while just erase your cookies, which holds where you went on the internet. It is pretty safe, they have bigger fish to fry. Try Ziplip works good and reliable!

ziplip is not as secure as it used to be... better to use cyber-rights.net or mailvault.com

doggy said:
ziplip is not as secure as it used to be... better to use cyber-rights.net or mailvault.com

I would like to download the cyber-rights engine but for some reason it's not downloading!! I still can't figure out why!! If anyone out there has any advice, I will try it. Like I said before, I think it's because I have AOL but I don't know.

Captain

if you cant download the hush encryption engine, use mailvault... the only problem with mailvault is, to benefit from the full encryption capabilities, the people you email need to use mailvault as well

I use hushmail. And if I remember correctly cyber-rights and hushmail are sister companies that both use the hush encryption engine....

Ok. But no one has explained to me why I can't download the hushmail or the cyber-rights encryption engine! I have AOL and Internet Explorer 6.0! I'm wondering maybe it's my virus scan or firewall. Help anyone?

Captain

Captain Dbol said:
Ok. But no one has explained to me why I can't download the hushmail or the cyber-rights encryption engine! I have AOL and Internet Explorer 6.0! I'm wondering maybe it's my virus scan or firewall. Help anyone?

Captain

If you are at work...the firewall is only the begining of your problems, if your company is security minded...so give up there, plus with todays monitoring software the admins can look at everything you are doing as if they are sitting in your chair...i.e pc anywhere, and software like that...

It may also be the level of secrurity AOL or the version of IE you are running...the level of encryption may not be high enough for the e-mail engines..download opera. It is 128 bit version of IE...all apps should load with opera as the web engine...if that doesn't work let me know...:chimney:

Back