which wrist wrap?

Dlove said:
You could be right. I only pull deads EOW when I do I warm up with 225 then hit 405 for 8 then 495 for 3-4. BB Row's are 275x8 Dorian style. Im sure if I pulled deads every week I might need them but I dont think pulling EW would be good for my CNS.

Straps aren't allowed in Power lifting Comp's Are they?

hes asking about 'wraps' not straps
you can wear wraps when pulling but not straps

Dlove said:
What ever happened to the good old day's Arnie, Columbo etc. where they did not condone the use of straps since it will not build wrist strength? If not used just right straps can **** up your wrists bad and hurt some of your other exercises like bench and shoulder press.

i'm only lookin to use these wraps with cg bench press, rev bench press and possibly my DL's...just some mild discomfort with those 1st two lifts so figured these might help...but thanks guys for all the responces...

adidamps2 said:
i'm only lookin to use these wraps with cg bench press, rev bench press and possibly my DL's...just some mild discomfort with those 1st two lifts so figured these might help...but thanks guys for all the responces...
wraps can also help the wrist on heavy squats .

inzer 20 inch or longer is what i have but i hear the metal straps are good also .

pullinbig said:
yup. better than nothing though.
being told that something of yours is too short and you replying its better than nothing is something that probablly happens often in your life isnt it :insane2:

DADAWG said:
being told that something of yours is too short and you replying its better than nothing is something that probablly happens often in your life isnt it :insane2:

A bit of a stretch there dawgy.

Not sure what wrist wraps are exactly...

But I made myself something to help hold the bar when deadlifting, simply because my grip isn't strong enough to hold the bar/weight for 6-8 reps. I bought a karate belt and cut two lengths, then made a little loop on the end of each with some superglue. These work well, but kinda dig into my skin a bit on my wrist. Anyone know of something similar that I can buy?

blackbeard said:
i wouldnt waste my time with those cheap wraps
Ive tried inzers and was not overly impressed compared to Metal..

it depends on how you like your wraps-my advice would be to go with either APT's or the Metal Black line-the all black wraps are literally super tight like you would not believe

Never worn the Metals...but I've seen them. Seem to be nice.

I like Alan's from APT. Started using some of his lighter weight knee wraps for some squats last week and no knee pain from the squats!!!

I love my APT wrist wraps...

B True

I have the Inzer 20" wrist wraps....same ones you can see Branch warren and Johnnie Jackson using in BFTO 2005. I love them especially for heavy dips and CGBP. But I wear them throughout my chest workout.

Back