260x6
225x11**PR

Incline DB Press
95x8x2

CG Bench
205x6**PR - A bit shaky.

Rotator Cuff Work

Abs

**I've been adding some more solid foods to my diet - I was drinking too many shakes the past few weeks & eating like shit due to poor time management. I feel stronger/look fuller now.

Still getting stronger good to see. Keep it up :druggie:

if i might suggest something for strength and size in the chest

For strength...you have to keep upping that weight. Like after the 260#x6, you should have repped out 275. If you got more than three, add another 5-10 pounds to each side and rep it out. Get plenty of rest time in between sets.

As for chest size...I can stress enough how much this incline DB flye has blown my chest up. I started with light weights and really focused on lowering the weight slowly until i felt a stretch in the chest (maybe a 45degree bend in my elbows) then concentrate on bringing that weight back up by bringing my elbows together to really focus on contracting the chest. I started at like 30's. I'm up 70's for reps and the gains and great. Just be sure once you go up in weight to only lower to the stretch, we need to avoid chest marks as they are somewhat unsightly.

Goodluck brosky!

Aczech said:
if i might suggest something for strength and size in the chest

For strength...you have to keep upping that weight. Like after the 260#x6, you should have repped out 275. If you got more than three, add another 5-10 pounds to each side and rep it out. Get plenty of rest time in between sets.

As for chest size...I can stress enough how much this incline DB flye has blown my chest up. I started with light weights and really focused on lowering the weight slowly until i felt a stretch in the chest (maybe a 45degree bend in my elbows) then concentrate on bringing that weight back up by bringing my elbows together to really focus on contracting the chest. I started at like 30's. I'm up 70's for reps and the gains and great. Just be sure once you go up in weight to only lower to the stretch, we need to avoid chest marks as they are somewhat unsightly.

Goodluck brosky!
Thanks for the info Aczech. I will definitely think about incorporating what you've just listed. As of right now, I think I want to run my routine for a couple of my weeks because it's yielding pretty nice results.

As for incline DB Flies, I used to do them a lot until my stretchmarks went out of control. I used a ton of cocoa butter/shea butter, but it didn't help it too much. I might throw one set in after my incline DBs if I'm feeling good that day.

AngryMuscles said:
would doing push ups everyday be overtraining??? would it matter???
Why would anyone do that anyways? It will not help with any muscle growth or strength, let alone help your body recuperate any quicker.

Winter said:
Thanks for the info Aczech. I will definitely think about incorporating what you've just listed. As of right now, I think I want to run my routine for a couple of my weeks because it's yielding pretty nice results.

As for incline DB Flies, I used to do them a lot until my stretchmarks went out of control. I used a ton of cocoa butter/shea butter, but it didn't help it too much. I might throw one set in after my incline DBs if I'm feeling good that day.

Vitamin E cream may have been a better choice for the strech mark issue.

I've still been lifting as hard as ever, but work and other activities have really been eating up my time.

July 27th
Chest/Tris
Flat Bench(index)
135x10
135x5
245x6
265x6
275x3 - Could have done one more.
225x10

Incline DB Press
95x8
100x8 - Felt solid today.

CG Bench
185x8

Thanks Czech. I did the DB flies the other week and to tell you the truth, it really didn't feel like I was using my chest too much, more like my shoulders. I think the problem might've been extending my arms out too high, meaning that the DBs weren't level with my chest when I was doing the movement.

Winter said:
I did the DB flies the other week and to tell you the truth, it really didn't feel like I was using my chest too much, more like my shoulders..
Everytime I did Db flies I felt the same. Strong bench winter.

i gotta tell you guys...it's all about the "plane of motion". You really have to start to light and work to feel it. For me, it's the incline bench, probably about 30 degrees. And i go down slow and don't break more than 45 degrees in my elbows. On the way up, i don't try to bring the weights over my head, but more over my chest, i imagine it as bringing them over my abs if you get my drift. It's like doing the identical motion of a flat flye on the incline bench, it really, really works for me. My chest development has never been better.

Back